ecalix Reviews

1. Stick around, and you will be working for Billion dollar companies

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great Training -Free housing -Reimbursement -Insurance package -Great starting salary -Entry into THE most promising industry -H1B & GC sponsorship

Cons

- You'll become a professional liar before you know it

Advice to Management

CHANGE YOUR WEBSITE. It'll increase the quality of candidate you receive.

2. It

Pros

My advice is never join this company because it will ruin your life. These people prey on newly graduates by posting job offers that look legit on school career websites.

Cons

everything is a con. from their recruiting team to the so-called promoters and once you are in their program they get you into believing you will land a 60,000 dollar a year job. Not! so don't do it, especially if you are a college grad because these people don't give a (i can't use a bad word because it might not be posted) about your degree which is real and good honors. My advice is to never listen to the recruiters because they are a bunch of liars and only want to bring you in on this resume lying scheme where you lie in a resume about projects you have done which is totally not true. Don't be like these people and I hope they get caught.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is close your company down because you are preying on innocent people by forcing them into becoming dishonest people, which is what you are. I hope you get caught with your lies and a big penalty or fine is put upon you.

3. Opens door to opportunities

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you're in the know about the tech industry, then this is a great company compared to other ones out there because they offer medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans to its consultants. The training is actually very good, it may not make a lot of sense to freshers but once you're in the industry, what the mentors teach will start to fall in line. As with most things in life, you get what you put into the program.

Cons

Getting your first project may be very difficult if your English communication skills are not up to par. The initial shock about resumes may deter people, but you have to realize that a lot of the industry is playing a dog and pony show for cheap labor.

Advice to Management

I respect you all, keep listening to freshers to try and meet their needs. Maybe hire better quality marketers.

Be careful what you sign up for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

Nothing that great that I would consider a pro.

Cons

Very money-minded and they don't care about you or your professional growth. They pay very less.

Advice to Management

Be fair to your employees and don't take more than you give. You are getting paid because of them.

6. Great training, hard work required, helpful and knowledgable staff.

Pros

Free housing -gym, pool, laundry, jacuzzi included Great training Huge network of big name clients they work with all over the country. Open to international workers Domain experts- ecommerce , healthcare, banking / finance Tech experts Softwares like MS suite, SQL are given to you Hard work will get you a job Beds and new beddings are there for you Cleaning lady comes weekly

Cons

You will have to share a room. Maybe a living room. You have to get your own pillow 1.2 mile walk to work= 20 minutes Will have to learn an extensive amount of work in a months time.

Graduates beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy interview and no technical questions were asked.

Cons

When I arrived at my apartment, there were 5 other employees staying there. When I got to Orientation, the staff members seemed to be unprofessional and eager to falsify our resumes with fake jobs. Overall, I felt like I was being scammed. I ended up leaving the company after one day.

I have been with the company more than a year

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I stayed at the accommodations in Pleasanton where the apartments were pretty much new. it wasn’t bad, my roommates were fine, it was like going back to the college times haha…its free which was a huge plus because there was no way I could afford to pay for a place in California at the time i came. I.T. is what I know best, so I was placed within 2 weeks after the class ended. All in all I recommend this place, work hard and the pay is great.

Cons

There wasn't much that I had trouble with. The training is a little intense, but if you are motivated, you'll go through it with no problem.

9. Not bad! I have worked at e-calix full-time less than a year

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its very intense program, you have to make sure you are ready to study they give you a lot of documents to study. Marketers are great, they really get you busy with interviews. The marketers help you with prepping for interviews and make sure you understand every step of the process.

Cons

everything is so fast pace, you will be expected to memorize and know it all by the end of the 4th week.

10. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Ecalix in August and it has been a great experience thus far. I came not knowing what to expect as I was coming from Chicago going to California. They offered a nice apartment with a cleaning service every 10 days, great training, resume writing and job prep. They have very solid connections and are very helpful all around. They helped me through everything from training to living arrangements, tips/advice on the area and even helping me get to the interviews. After all that I landed a contract at Apple! Great Training for Business Analysts Good starting pay Great Interview Preparation Good Trainers Helpful People Great Contacts Free rent while you train

Cons

They are aware of what needs to improve and are actively working to do so but this is what I thought about it... Not as organized as they should be but making improvements. The work/life balance for training needs to improve, long hours of training but again, making improvements. No stipend during training. Have to live with multiple roommates again (back to college life for a little bit).

Advice to Management

Get more organization and solid schedules and routines. Also understand that very long hours of training can be counter-productive. Otherwise, keep making the necessary improvements and I think this company will continue to soar.

EXCELLENT CAREER START

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After completing my Master's in Business I was trying to get job in my state but could not find what I really wanted to do. I was referred to this Company by a friend who was successfully placed in East Coast through Ecalix, Inc. I attended the BA training and was very impressed with the trainer who has himself worked as BA for many years. It was like real time projects that we went thru and gave me very good insight to real world scenario. Attending mock interviews really gave me the confidence to face the interviewers. I enjoyed my stay and made lot of good friends. I think guest houses are conveniently located and well kept. I shared my guest house with 4 other candidates and we did our projects and presentations together after the class. Me and my batch mates are working on projects in different cities. Ecalix, Inc. has an excellent continuous support system and I have reached out to them a couple of times when I had some doubts on a project. I have been getting constant raises.

Cons

The training is pretty extensive and some of the topics were not relevant to my educational background.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed