edX

edX Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A fantastic place to work; a culture that truly cares.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people of edX truly care about education and about changing the world. One of the greatest places I've worked, culturally.

ConsThis is a hard thing to fill out, I imagine I'm one of the few people to leave and it was for a personal reason, a feeling that they needed someone better than me for the position. So the only con here is that "Your coworkers are too good"!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep changing the world!

Great Experience

Software Intern (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsGetting to work at a company that is so actively changing so many lives for the better is a wonderful experience. Additionally everyone working there was super friendly and it was a wonderful environment to learn in.

ConsThings are fairly disorganized and most devops and design staff are busy, which makes it hard to get their time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more DevOps and Designers.

Test engineering at edX

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh quality free lunch every day
    Working with friendly, helpful people. One coworker offered to lend a book about Git.
    Good for students to become familiar with a real-world development situation

ConsAs a temporary worker, I didn't have the opportunity to feel a part of the company. For example, there was a weekly company meeting that we didn't attend.
    I wasn't familiarized with the entire structure of the edX website which the organization was working on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's a good idea to give people a better overview.

Worked for edX? Contribute to the Community!