enVista

Started Strong, but Indy Is King

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at enVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility in work and taking time off. This company compensates well and lets consultants keep all miles/points from travel. They tout large opportunities for growth.

Cons

The decision making tends to stay in the Indianapolis HQ. Like many places, the possibility for promotion is based more on situation than skills. If your manager isn't in the HQ daily and you aren't on one of the 5 highest profile projects of the year, you're not getting a promotion. It's just that simple.

Hires truly wonderful talented people but is falling into a trap it needs to get out of

I have been working at enVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. enVista hires the best. It is clear from day 1 that everyone is there to achieve results and loves doing it. It's been a pleasure working with everyone here.
    2. Privately owned that give many perks including in office massages (chair once a month for 15 sets), good after work events and promotions.
    3. Middle management is wonderful. Many are young but have a lot of experience either in owning their own businesses or growing a previous employers business.
    4. Upper management really tried to retain employees and makes you feel part of the team. I really like everyone I work with.
    5. Flexibility in how you conduct your day-to-day business. For the most part there is little oversight as long as you are producing results.

Cons

1. The computers- My laptop is atrocious. I also have to use my laptop at the office as a desktop so needless to say it gets annoying when you try to change a page and get the little disk...it takes forever. Need better computers.
    2. The internet connection- Simply atrocious. Our phones are internet based as well and they go down quite a bit.
    3. Upper-level (not middle management) doesn't have a clear understanding of market conditions and attribute 1 or 2 bad months as a decline when in fact it's just the ebbs and flows of the industry and anyone with knowledge in that market would understand that.
    4. Promised the ability to work remote but now required to come in 8a-5p to satisfy upper managements old school mentality that you're not busy or working hard unless you are in the office. This is the number one caveat as many employees are disgruntled about driving 30-45 minutes (at best) from the outskirts of Carmel. 8 miles= 40-1 hour drive. Most of the technology/computers/internet employees have at home surpasses that in the office. When you can work and perform well without any office distractions you should open that opportunity up to more employees. It would empower them, cut unnecessary costs and overhead and allow the employee to achieve results in an environment that works for them.. It would also ease a lot of the complaints I hear.
    5. Goals were set fairly. If they weren't met regardless of what most in the industry would consider great growth, your compensation bonus percent is pretty much brought down to nothing. Compensation at that point for the following year was abysmal.

1. Don't attribute a bad month or two to a decline in that department. Understandably there are many different departments at enVista so it is difficult to pinpoint each one but I am seeing a vast similarity to another Fortune 500 company that has had an atrocious turnover due to these same things, high call volumes, long hours all of which don't motivate but rather scare the employee away.
    2. Don't force employees to be here from 8a-5pm. Let them alter their schedule.
    3. If you promised the possibility of working remote after a year, don't suddenly say that you don't have that option. I was really looking forward to this as the time it takes to drive to and from work the costs and with all the distractions and pointless meetings conducted at work take away precious time that I could be doing something worthwhile.

Good pace, good company, great growth.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at enVista full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mid level management cares. Effort is made to provide a healthy work/life balance, but there's always more work if you ask for it. Promotions are available but you have to ask-- they won't just be handed out. At some point I know I'll hit some sort of ceiling. That's just part of the game when you work for a small company. However our CEO said once that his job was "not necessarily to make you a Director, VP, or President here, but to give you the skills to be a Director, VP, or President somewhere else one day." They invest in us, and I'm in it for the long haul.

Cons

If you aren't self motivated, enVista isn't for you. Other consulting firms may pay a bit more, but at what cost? 80 hour weeks and 2 nights a month at home? No thanks. Sometimes office politics can be a lot to handle, but you'll get that anywhere.

Less bias/subjectivity in raises and promotions.

Good Company

Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Beverly, MA

I have been working at enVista full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ample opportunity to grow. Had good time working here

Cons

Big company problems. Nothing which pisses you off.

All is well

Great company to start sareer or to come in for a short period as you try to advance your career.

Current Employee - Consultant in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Carmel, IN

I have been working at enVista full-time

Pros

Good Exposure and experience provided to young professionals
    Great place to start your career with many avenues to pursue
    Potential to be given great opportunities to take leadership in work

Cons

Political working environment
    Biased Review structure
    Little room for promotion

Great company where ethics and humans are highly valued

I have been working at enVista full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance / People / Development / Strategy (innovation) / Direct Impact on Company Bottom Line

Cons

Still a small (but growing) company.

Test engineer

Current Employee - Teal Lead in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Teal Lead in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at enVista

Pros

Rapid growing, employee friendly,supportive,had grown rapidly from last couple of years,can serve long run,guiding principles

Cons

Internet site block,required human resource improvement,

Good Company to work.

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at enVista full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good Work Friendly Environment with a excellent reward program. The senior management is very much reachable and open to suggestions. Its a great place to work and grow as a software developer. There are ample amount of opportunities to work on new technologies and you would be encouraged to bring in new ideas and thoughts in improving the product.

As an organization its in a growth phase and its a very good time to join the company for long term benefits.

Cons

Place is in a highly crowded area. Traffic is slow around the area.

Good place to work, with opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at enVista

Pros

The management is very much supportive of the employees concerns. They are facilitating the growth of employees in the company and are very much considerate of the employee's well-being in the company.

Cons

Some of the downsides are that there should be planning of growth of employees at company as the company grows.

They are doing a good job, but some planning has to be there for growth of employees in the company.

Good Stop Over, No long term benefits

Current Employee - Developer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Developer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at enVista

Pros

Join if you want a stop over for bigger things.Good things to learn, but due to dearth of projects not much variety

Cons

No process, No planning. interference from management