engage:BDR Reviews

4.8
CEO

1. Great workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool culture and good opportunities to make impact

Cons

Hours can get long during busy seasons

Best place I've ever worked.

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

Office is in a great location and is dog friendly. Amazing team comprised of experts, great perks (very flexible with time off, fully stocked kitchen, incredible performance recognition program) and excellent compensation structure. Most importantly, the senior management team actively listens and gathers perspective from employees before making business decisions. Most of the company's products are forged by listening to the exact needs of the clients and the employees who service the clients.

Cons

Nothing about the company specifically, but Sunset can be a bit congested at times. If you get into the office before 9, it's not an issue. Also, the industry is very fast paced and requires you to be "on your toes" and keeping in front of the constantly changing landscape.

Advice to Management

Employees love being recognized for their hard work, keeps them motivated and pushing to exceed goals. Keep it up!

A fun place to work with highly talented co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engage has been one of my favorite places to work. Coming from a super stressful job, managers let their employees get their work done with overly micro-managing. They are always willing to teach and encourage employees to grow and develop their skills. While Engage takes work very seriously, the laid back environment is a huge plus with a fully stocked cabinet of snacks and regular happy hour outings. If you're a dog lover, you will find them roaming around playfully and having fun with the other dogs

Cons

I wish there was more camaraderie between the teams

Advice to Management

Catered lunches? I like the sound of that

Two Thumbs Up!

I have been working at engage:BDR part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward-thinking digital advertising agency that succeeds in consistently innovating the current standings of the industry. Lax but driven environment consisting of motivated, hardworking and dynamic employees. Each employee provides unique insight with slight humorous plugs. Overall great company.

Cons

Dog person distracted by all the furry friends.

Loving the culture here!

I have been working at engage:BDR

Pros

- The people: approachable, welcoming, friendly, passionate, driven, knowledgeable, everyone seems to get along. It's honestly the first time I hang out that much with my coworkers (who are now really good friends!), whether it's for lunch, after work, during the weekend! - The snacks: unlimited chips, cookies, M&M's, cereal, energy bars, pop corns... you name it! - Birthday celebrations (with cakes and cookies!!!!) - Benefit package: dental, vision and short/long term disability are paid by the company I think, and then they also offer medical, 401k, UNLIMITED PTOs - Work/Life balance: the culture here seems to be a "work hard / play hard" type of environment. Yes, we do work hard but at the end of the day, we have fun doing it, and we have fun doing it with others too! Management is very understanding when employees need time off, as long as you get the work done or compensate for it. While we do have unlimited PTOs, all employees seem to be serious about it and not take advantage of it. - Internal mobility and flexibility: you are not just a "job description". There is opportunity for you to expand outside of your scope of work, and even outside of your department. - Not only is it a friendly office, but it's also a dog-friendly office! - The view (seriously though) - Dynamic expansion phase: the company has been growing so much, it's a very exciting time to be a part of it. I actually can see myself staying at engage:BDR for years - Compensation: very fair pay (at least in my case), HR didn't try to low ball me and I feel like that's how they treat other new employees, very honest people. This company does seem to care a lot about us all - Management is open to feedback and new ideas

Cons

- Communication may not be transparent enough at times - Only 1 conference room - Roof parking

Advice to Management

- Sometimes, we are not aware of new hires so maybe Management should make sure that this is being communicated throughout the entire company - Keep recognize your employees more often, even informally. A simple thanks or a thank-you email can make a difference! - There is only 1 conference room at this time so it can be challenging when it comes to scheduling meetings. I think they are opening up a new space though - Parking can get crazy and most of the engage:BDR spots are located on the roof so when it rains or gets too hot, our cars aren't covered...

Awesome environment, tremendous growth opportunities and talented people!

I have been working at engage:BDR

Pros

Strong leadership, great benefits package, zero politics and fun working environment

Cons

the occasional fire drill - but every company has that :)

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the day I started working here I felt like I was part of a big family and its a dog friendly office so I can bring my dog to work with me each day. Collaboration between teams is huge here - everyone plays on the same team and wants to see the company move forward. I've always had my ideas heard and being such a small company its very easy to get new processes implemented to tools created when needed. Salary is very competitive and have a very nice bonus structure. I always know where I'm pacing toward my bonus and how much to expect each quarter. Company values are extremely important to the management team and employees who emulate these values are rewarded on a daily basis. Its nice to be recognized for accomplishments.

Cons

Parking is paid for by the company but the garage is a bit full so it can be a challenge finding a spot if you get in late or leave for lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire cutting edge, extremely knowledgeable people who can help with driving the business forward.

Fantastic, upbeat, youthful company that's still growing

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

Great location and cool, non-traditional office. Fast-thinking, dynamic people. Dog-friendly office (provided they are trained and neutered/spayed). Good quality and effective work is often recognized. Still growing which allows for good advancement opportunities. Cool to be a part of an organization that is "growing up". Most employees are go-getters and it's infectious. Great learning opportunities as long as you're willing to and seek them out.

Cons

Some dogs aren't as well-behaved so be prepared to deal with "accidents" or stolen pens (i.e. must love dogs!). Located in a very traffic dense area and closest freeway is two miles away requiring a trek through Hollywood. Growing pains as a result of organizational inertia are painfully obvious at times (it's improving though!). Some business units are slammed while others appear to be...otherwise. Though strong belief in organizational goals and values by management, the trickle-down is sometimes slow.

Advice to Management

The growth and change is awesome, it's great to feel like a part of it. Though the management buy-in on goals and values is very strong, it's not always as strongly imbued within the staff, usually due in part to only moderate accountability and communication. However, the improvement over the last year is incredible and is just part of the growth/change process. Never be complacent and never lose the hunger to be better (I don't think that'll ever be a problem) which will, and does, inspire the rest of the organization. The willingness to learn and improve is why I love it here!

Amazing company

I have been working at engage:BDR

Pros

Strong Leadership Great pay Unlimited PTO I get to work with incredibly talented people Everyone truly cares about this company and their jobs Location Promote from within Leadership encourages learning, growth and development

Cons

none- I'm so happy I decided to work here.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

Fun, upbeat place. Fast paced company with relaxed people, plus dogs!

Current Employee - Administration in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR

Pros

Engage:BDR has grown and evolved tremendously in the time since I started working here. It's been very exciting to watch the progression of this young company. I've learned so much about the industry and my own potential. They truly want to see everyone succeed and will work with you and take feedback to help you, your position or the the company get better. It's a friendly environment and I actually like going to work! Also, having dogs run around certainly makes things more entertaining.

Cons

Internet and advertising are ever changing industries and it can be stressful to keep up. At times the hours can get long and rarely do things in tech go according to plan. We are growing rapidly and will soon outgrow our accommodations. There is a very strong culture having grown from a small group and there are occasional growing pains with new personalities and breaking old habits. Also, where there are dogs, there are accidents.

Advice to Management

We are no longer a small company, we have to realize that old habits and actions may need to be broken as we move in to the next phase of our companies evolution. You all work extremely hard and but you are the front lines - we need to be shown "do as I do." Your actions dictate how the rest of the company will act.

RSS Feed </> Embed