everis

Updated November 17, 2014
2.5

everis CEO Benito Vázquez
Benito Vázquez

Pros
  • Opportunity for career growth and development (in 4 reviews)

• Work environment is different from the average consultancy firms, and typically better (although is being lost over the time) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work very long hours and deal with supervisors with a real lack of charm and care for everything that you are and do (in 4 reviews)

• Some projects require long hours, can't plan vacations or when you will have to stay working late (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Experience

I have been working at everis full-time

Pros

if the situation of the project is good, you will be able to get promotions

Cons

Most of the projects are in bad situations with the client.

Apply Only if DESPERATE or are a masoquist

I have been working at everis

Pros

Since very few people apply due to the fact that GOOD information is being made available to potential victims, you might actually get a job if your main goal is to get a payckeck while you test your patience or are looking for absolution from the creator through pain.

Cons

Read the reviews posted here, and you will find that companies with good ethics, benefits, which care for employees, do get good reviews. If you want to see what is like to be discrimiated in your own country by foreigners, this is the best place for you. If you do not mind being micro managed by someone that has half your experience, or someone that believes that working 90+ hours a week to keep it cheap for the client, by all means, apply.
    I could go and repeat what has been consistently stated here about this boyfriend, girlfriend, girlfriend of the married manager crowd ( Yes, this is an amazing group, where coincidentally all couples also happen to be the MOST qualified individuals from Spanish offices for the jobs in the USA; needless to say that their English is at a 4th grade level but their ego is that of someone with a triple Phd from MIT, while their experience is with a few 3-6 month little projects in the public sector in Spain ). They certainly take care of their own.
    The "management" team is comprsed of poster boys for arrogance; the most notable is a slick guy that believes no one knows anything better than him.
    The "better" jobs are probably the ones that are to work on US Government contracts; at least that will keep you away from the allmighty Spanish crowd as they do not have the minumum English skills to pass by; the bad part is that this fact makes the Spanish management team very mad, so do not expect any sympathy nor raises; their "stock" is worthless and the "above market" beenefits do not make up for the low salaries and the bad work environment.
    Read the postings about discrimination, nepotism, harassment ( ask for what happened in Alabama, these are public court records ). Ask how many Americans they have hired, how many remain, and how long they lasted, and why they left/were fired. You will find the patterns that tell you clearly what kind of place you are dealing with.

THey are beyond saving as they grossly overestimae their ability to minimally do their job. Wake up, this is not Spain with a 40-50% unemployment rate. Hiring college graduates to brain wash them with the "everis way" is ill-conceived, as these kids do know better...

Want to experience what it was like to live prior to abolishment of slavery? Join this sweatshop

I worked at everis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The LIES you are told during the interviews about growth and opportunities. That much advertised 10% 401k matching and "free" benefits do not make up for the super low salary they offer and the unprofessional, discriminatory, harassing environment you will be subjected to.

Cons

If you are even thinking about joining this company, read what is posted here, and walk back to the years when a select few OWNED the rest... Circa pre 1865
    The comment made about the American partner that had a PROVEN track record but was then "shown" the all mighty -everis way- sums up the "management team"; all cocky, we-know-it-all attitude. In fact, the only Spanish person that actually sold real work, was fired as a result of the backdoor maneuvering of the snake-tongue unqualified COO that believes he is above God; to understand this, you actually have to realize that everis is a male-dominated, macho culture at its best. He actually had the gall to say in front of a large auditorium that he did not trust the Americans, as the only resumes he believed were those of his beloved Spanish countrymen. Of course, the room is filled with 98% Spanish and the very few "American foreigners". The one person that opposed that comment saw her value diminished until let go to favor a dimwit, yes-man that became the Director of HR...go figure, the rise of the pale version of Uncle Tom...
    I have to admit that I did fall for the "dream"; but very shortly afterwards, when I realized that all the "super qualified" people had ONLY worked for everis, had very little experience and exposure to the real world beyond the Spanish public sector companies on very small projects and their best qualification beyond being Spanish was some backdoor friendship or exchange of favors with the COO. The harassment lawsuit from former employees in the Alabama location is now public record; I wish I had known that before joining this surreal placeAsk how many Americans were hired, how many remained and for how long they stayed, mostly to show some continuity on their resumes.

This is for NTT management. What are you waiting for??

American who saw it all at everis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at everis full-time

Pros

Competitive benefits (other than salary, which is nothing to get excited about). Some good people in the junior ranks and exposure to other cultures.

Cons

everis came to the USA from Spain to service exiting clients with HQ in Spain. everis hired an experienced American partner with good connections (partner is the highest level) along with one or two of his old employees, basically bringing over a team to help. Sounds great. everis then brought over another partner from Spain who had absolutely ZERO experience in the US, so the three Spanish partners, who knew nothing about the US, could outvote the American. Imagine if you went to Spain and started a business. You would probably want to hire some decent Spanish talent, right, and then give them some autonomy? everis couldn't do this. Understand this and you understnd everis: The Spanish partners hired an American partner with a proven track record in several sectors, and then proceeded to tell him how to do business in a country where he had done business successfully for 25 years. After about a year and a half, the American partner and his team left.

One of the Spanish partners is a 50-something hippie type who is probably a blast to hang out with socially, rides a motocycle and loves to party. He also is utterly clueless about the US market; the guy couldn't sell fireworks on 4th of July. Another partner is a somehwat younger guy who wildly overestimates his own abillity. This guy hasn't been able to generate any American business (outside of a deal with a Latin American divison of the World Bank) because he is actually a mediocre talent who would never in a million years rise to the level of partner at a Tier 1 US consultancy.

The third Spanish partner was let go and went back to Spain.

everis is failing. If you're not growing, you're failing. All the nepotism / cronyism stuff is true; the Spanish contingent takes care of each other. Most of them speak English decently, but few of them speak it well enough to lead a presentation to an American client, especially when that client just had a presentation from a rainmaker at a top tier competitor.

I would only take a job here if I were desperate.

Bring in 5 American partners, and manage them from Spain by controlling capital allocations at a strategic level, not day to day petty BS.

The best-in-class model for a BAD work environment

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at everis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The dream job described during your interviews

Cons

We always wondered how come all the managers behaved in the same bullying, arrogant manner. Our questions were answered when the COO showed up for a general meeting; his Zeus from Olympus demeanor summed up all the behaviors of his hand-picked managers, who by the way cannot speak English even if their life depended on it. We saw quite a few great people fired or set up to fail so they could claim that they were bad employees; the default excuse was that these qualified individuals that had done great in other places were not able to "adapt to the culture". The "culture" is actually an environment where a group of boyfriends, girlfriends have all come from Spain to escape the flames in which the Spanish economy is in. You have to wonder how come how many qualified boyfriends and girlfriends also happen to be the most qualified to perform on jobs where English is a requirement and 95% of them cannot speak/write English. The answer is that these couples manage to get here via backdoor deals and friendships, thus hurting more qualified individuals that happen to not be connected to the USA management.
    We have 2 clients, who happen to be companies that bought USA companies; these clients use us for staff augmentation, and the rates are very low, so expect to work 60-80 hrs a week to keep it cheap.

It is amazing that after being in the USA this long, the managers keep saying that we are in startup mode...great excuse for the lack of a consistent plan, not following the values that are plastered everywhere; we expect a serious cleanup after the Japanese take over, and we are all waiting to see how serious this new owner is; the best indication would be to see the immediate departure of the discriminating, bullying animated characters that conform the "management" team. We certainly expect them to look at how many non-English speaking, unqualified individuals were able to make it to the USA and be put on jobs that they were not qualified for, only to have the few qualified individuals try to make sense of their badly written documents and translate them to a form that our clients could consume.

The other comments about discrimination, bullying, cursing and preferences towards good looking women are all true; honestly, I did not believe them prior to joining the company, so I do give credit to Glassdoor and from now on, will pay a lot of attention to what is published here.

Now that the company has been bought and cleanup will take place, hire a good lawyer so you can safely return to Spain without facing jail time in the USA

worth finding out exactly what I didn't want out of a company

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at everis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Met some great, knowledgeable peolpe. However, the good seeds were few and far between and they were never management unless they were hired in.
    - launchpad to a better company - gave me the experience I needed to be looked at by better firms
    - 1 BIG client, which we really don't consult for, we staff augment for. Everis is a tier 3 consultancy unfortunately, which is why they offer the attractive rates,. Their troubled, beloved spanish clients like it cheap.
    - 401k match and free healthcare.
    - Every resume bullet I have from everis usa is because I earned it by pursuing the clients best interests and being proactive enough to land me my own projects.

Cons

The tail of the wild wild west:

Where to start.....how about...

- Culture asymmetry. Management makes rash decisions on new hires to meet short term demand, hence why there is no consistency in culture. No true long-term vision. Their PR is simply just hot air.

- Below average pay. What top talent will accept the pitiful salaries they offer compared to the industry norm. Entry level $45k vs Deloitte $60-$65k. Don't let them fool you, the benefits do not make up for the loss of cash. The young talent could care less. Makes sense why everyone who joins just accepts the pay because they were desperate for stable jobs to begin with (everis knowingly took advantage of the sour economy). They are not a meritocracy, they are a dictatorship who deceives you into believing you will be promoted with double digit pay raises as advertised. Fact, more than 2/3rd of the company did not receive more than single digit pay raises and of the 2/3rd, 1/3rd got nothing. They even started at lower bases than everyone else too so theoretically most should be double digits (hah)! Mgmt will pick their favorites (nepotists) or those who are politically neutral and give them the raises.

- Lack of solid client base. They can't acquire a client for the life of them because they have no american partners willing to STAY on-board and drive new business. I could tell you several examples off the top of my head. When you have the prideful hubris of the local directors, you can imagine why no one would want to work with them. Company is such a joke if they thought they could compete against the biggest and brightest consulting firms.

- Scary high attrition. There is a reason why the company, who have call themselves a start-up for the last 4 years, lost half their workforce.

- HR. Well ever since they hired the most unqualified HR director know to man came on board, the hiring quality and people competence dropped dramatically. Monkey see, monkey do I guess. Not that the hiring was much to begin with. Her incompetence and brashness was astonishingly tolerated, but became a running joke around the office the entire time I was there. She sabotaged a handful of employees careers by trying to drive them out of the company or force them to leave. The women was evil, and I say that because the more she spoke the less confidence everyone had in management. Thank goodness she got the boot.

- No sense of accomplishment. Always demeaned and chastised in every review by micromanaging/clueless spanish managers, never made you feel your true sense of worth. I'm one of the original employees and we all say the same.

- Zero flexibility. New fact. ~1/100 employees actually got to jump on cross country projects, but that 1 was only because that person was burning holes in the companies pocket by being on the bench.

- Lack of professionalism. Oh well, I won't even open these can of worms. Back door debauchery between directors (married) and Associates. Nepotism. Yelling. Swearing. All sound unbelievable, right? Nope, in Spain, its norm. Guess what, this isn't Spain. The unemployment rate is less than 7%, not 30%.

- Everis USA's tenure was a like a soap opera with its loose grip on reality and animated characters.

Rest in peace, everis. NTT data is cut the dead weight I'm sure.

All the good reviews written on here were written by current management and staff.

Glad to see everis was acquired by the Japanese for their LATAM presence - not US. Hope you enjoy the profitable scraps of RSU's you cash in on. Nevermind, they're not worth much of anything. Adios muchachos. Have fun reporting to Japan with your broken english.

Good Times at Everis

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at everis full-time

Pros

Great time to be at the firm. US operations is at the start up phase, it is like working with a startup that has the support of a global organization. For employees with the firm now and those joining it is a great opportunity for career growth.

Cons

If you are afraid of long hours and hard work it takes to work at a start up, this is probably not for you.

Continue to appreciate and reward us for the hard work we put in.

It's not a company for everybody: you must be very good at what you do and a quick learner

Current Employee - Executive Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very challenging environment with the best of a start up and the best of a big company.
    A place to learn and be expose to the biggest challenges of your career life.
    If you are above the average you should apply.

Cons

Still adapting to the local culture.

Challenging experiences allowing unlimited growth in everis USA

I have been working at everis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Truly international flavor, personal and professional growth, high paced and challenging environment, great benefits, one of a kind HR Model

Cons

If you are looking to punch a time card and expect to work only eight hours a day without being challenged, pushed, or held responsible for your quality and outcomes, this is not the place for you.

Continue to drive forward with an integrated approach to merge the best of what all of our employees bring to the company.

The Best Career Advice you will ever get

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at everis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The potential the company has according to the interviews

Cons

As you read this and other reviews, your optimistic nature might say "ah, these are complainers, things cannot be that bad", especially after hearing the glamorous story during your interview. Think again and read, as this is the best FREE career advice you are going to get, whether you are a seasoned professional or fresh out of college.

Look at the ratings of other companies here; GOOD companies DO get GOOD reviews.

I am not going to repeat what other have consistently said, so I will pick the top ones:
    - Nepotism: As described; this is a boyfriend, girlfriend, and friend of the boyfriend or girlfriend crowd from Spain. You would have to ask, "How come it just happens that there are so many qualified boyfriends and girlfriends altogether? What are the chances of finding so many couples that also happen to be the BEST qualified to get a job? The answer is that the "selection" is based on friendships and behind-the-scene exchange of favors.... All support, opportunities go to them, and if you dare speak up, you are set in a path to fail so they can give you a bad review; needless to say that the "feedback" from the boyfriend, girlfriend about your "flaws" is consistent.go figure.
    - Discrimination: The members of the Spanish crowd basically have license to do as they please; if you complain, expect NO support from the manager, as they will say that you are having problems adapting to the "culture".

I could go on and on, but here is the piece of golden advice I am giving you:
    If you do not believe what you read, ask them:
    1) How many USA based employees have they hired versus the number of Spanish employees they have brought in, who by the way, cannot speak English in 95% of the cases. You would think command of the English needs to be a basic requirement to set up a USA practice, right?

2) Out of those USA based employees, how many remain, and how long they stayed?
    3) How many of those USA based employees have been promoted, versus the Spanish ones
    4) How many of the USA based employees are in Management positions, versus the Spanish ones?

5) If you are trying to create a USA practice, does it make sense that your employees are, with a few exceptions, all from Spain? The answer is that they are not truly setting up a USA practice; what they are doing is actually outsourcing jobs as the Spanish economy is in flames, so it makes no sense for them to "take away" an opportunity to help a friend and give it to a qualified, English speaking person from the USA

if you are a recent graduate, your job is going to be to translate documents for the rest; what you will learn until you are fed up is not going to help you get a job anywhere else; your best choice is to work for the Big 4, who are going to exploit you for awhile, but at least you get some experience and that precious name on your resume; the EVERIS name will be of no help in terms of career progression.
    If you are an experienced professional, within 3 months you will realize the mistake that you have made; again, the story is very credible, but the reality is quite the opposite to what you are told during the interviews.

- Be honest during interviews; you are not trying to set up a USA practice, all you are doing is escaping from the flames the Spanish economy is in