everis

everis Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

everis CEO Benito Vázquez

Benito Vázquez

Pros:
  • "Work environment is different from the average consultancy firms, and typically better (although is being lost over the time)"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Big company with a lot of available positions"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Expect to work very long hours and deal with supervisors with a real lack of charm and care for everything that you are and do"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Bad management - they don't care about the concept of human capital"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Times at Everis

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat time to be at the firm. US operations is at the start up phase, it is like working with a startup that has the support of a global organization. For employees with the firm now and those joining it is a great opportunity for career growth.

ConsIf you are afraid of long hours and hard work it takes to work at a start up, this is probably not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to appreciate and reward us for the hard work we put in.

The best-in-class model for a BAD work environment

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe dream job described during your interviews

ConsWe always wondered how come all the managers behaved in the same bullying, arrogant manner. Our questions were answered when the COO showed up for a general meeting; his Zeus from Olympus demeanor summed up all the behaviors of his hand-picked managers, who by the way cannot speak English even if their life depended on it. We saw quite a few great people fired or set up to fail so they could claim that they were bad employees; the default excuse was that these qualified individuals that had done great in other places were not able to "adapt to the culture". The "culture" is actually an environment where a group of boyfriends, girlfriends have all come from Spain to escape the flames in which the Spanish economy is in. You have to wonder how come how many qualified boyfriends and girlfriends also happen to be the most qualified to perform on jobs where English is a requirement and 95% of them cannot speak/write English. The answer is that these couples manage to get here via backdoor deals and friendships, thus hurting more qualified individuals that happen to not be connected to the USA management.
    We have 2 clients, who happen to be companies that bought USA companies; these clients use us for staff augmentation, and the rates are very low, so expect to work 60-80 hrs a week to keep it cheap.

It is amazing that after being in the USA this long, the managers keep saying that we are in startup mode...great excuse for the lack of a consistent plan, not following the values that are plastered everywhere; we expect a serious cleanup after the Japanese take over, and we are all waiting to see how serious this new owner is; the best indication would be to see the immediate departure of the discriminating, bullying animated characters that conform the "management" team. We certainly expect them to look at how many non-English speaking, unqualified individuals were able to make it to the USA and be put on jobs that they were not qualified for, only to have the few qualified individuals try to make sense of their badly written documents and translate them to a form that our clients could consume.

The other comments about discrimination, bullying, cursing and preferences towards good looking women are all true; honestly, I did not believe them prior to joining the company, so I do give credit to Glassdoor and from now on, will pay a lot of attention to what is published here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that the company has been bought and cleanup will take place, hire a good lawyer so you can safely return to Spain without facing jail time in the USA

worth finding out exactly what I didn't want out of a company

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

Pros- Met some great, knowledgeable peolpe. However, the good seeds were few and far between and they were never management unless they were hired in.
    - launchpad to a better company - gave me the experience I needed to be looked at by better firms
    - 1 BIG client, which we really don't consult for, we staff augment for. Everis is a tier 3 consultancy unfortunately, which is why they offer the attractive rates,. Their troubled, beloved spanish clients like it cheap.
    - 401k match and free healthcare.
    - Every resume bullet I have from everis usa is because I earned it by pursuing the clients best interests and being proactive enough to land me my own projects.

ConsThe tail of the wild wild west:

Where to start.....how about...

- Culture asymmetry. Management makes rash decisions on new hires to meet short term demand, hence why there is no consistency in culture. No true long-term vision. Their PR is simply just hot air.

- Below average pay. What top talent will accept the pitiful salaries they offer compared to the industry norm. Entry level $45k vs Deloitte $60-$65k. Don't let them fool you, the benefits do not make up for the loss of cash. The young talent could care less. Makes sense why everyone who joins just accepts the pay because they were desperate for stable jobs to begin with (everis knowingly took advantage of the sour economy). They are not a meritocracy, they are a dictatorship who deceives you into believing you will be promoted with double digit pay raises as advertised. Fact, more than 2/3rd of the company did not receive more than single digit pay raises and of the 2/3rd, 1/3rd got nothing. They even started at lower bases than everyone else too so theoretically most should be double digits (hah)! Mgmt will pick their favorites (nepotists) or those who are politically neutral and give them the raises.

- Lack of solid client base. They can't acquire a client for the life of them because they have no american partners willing to STAY on-board and drive new business. I could tell you several examples off the top of my head. When you have the prideful hubris of the local directors, you can imagine why no one would want to work with them. Company is such a joke if they thought they could compete against the biggest and brightest consulting firms.

- Scary high attrition. There is a reason why the company, who have call themselves a start-up for the last 4 years, lost half their workforce.

- HR. Well ever since they hired the most unqualified HR director know to man came on board, the hiring quality and people competence dropped dramatically. Monkey see, monkey do I guess. Not that the hiring was much to begin with. Her incompetence and brashness was astonishingly tolerated, but became a running joke around the office the entire time I was there. She sabotaged a handful of employees careers by trying to drive them out of the company or force them to leave. The women was evil, and I say that because the more she spoke the less confidence everyone had in management. Thank goodness she got the boot.

- No sense of accomplishment. Always demeaned and chastised in every review by micromanaging/clueless spanish managers, never made you feel your true sense of worth. I'm one of the original employees and we all say the same.

- Zero flexibility. New fact. ~1/100 employees actually got to jump on cross country projects, but that 1 was only because that person was burning holes in the companies pocket by being on the bench.

- Lack of professionalism. Oh well, I won't even open these can of worms. Back door debauchery between directors (married) and Associates. Nepotism. Yelling. Swearing. All sound unbelievable, right? Nope, in Spain, its norm. Guess what, this isn't Spain. The unemployment rate is less than 7%, not 30%.

- Everis USA's tenure was a like a soap opera with its loose grip on reality and animated characters.

Rest in peace, everis. NTT data is cut the dead weight I'm sure.

All the good reviews written on here were written by current management and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGlad to see everis was acquired by the Japanese for their LATAM presence - not US. Hope you enjoy the profitable scraps of RSU's you cash in on. Nevermind, they're not worth much of anything. Adios muchachos. Have fun reporting to Japan with your broken english.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's not a company for everybody: you must be very good at what you do and a quick learner

Executive Director (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsVery challenging environment with the best of a start up and the best of a big company.
    A place to learn and be expose to the biggest challenges of your career life.
    If you are above the average you should apply.

ConsStill adapting to the local culture.

Challenging experiences allowing unlimited growth in everis USA

ProsTruly international flavor, personal and professional growth, high paced and challenging environment, great benefits, one of a kind HR Model

ConsIf you are looking to punch a time card and expect to work only eight hours a day without being challenged, pushed, or held responsible for your quality and outcomes, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive forward with an integrated approach to merge the best of what all of our employees bring to the company.

The Best Career Advice you will ever get

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe potential the company has according to the interviews

ConsAs you read this and other reviews, your optimistic nature might say "ah, these are complainers, things cannot be that bad", especially after hearing the glamorous story during your interview. Think again and read, as this is the best FREE career advice you are going to get, whether you are a seasoned professional or fresh out of college.

Look at the ratings of other companies here; GOOD companies DO get GOOD reviews.

I am not going to repeat what other have consistently said, so I will pick the top ones:
    - Nepotism: As described; this is a boyfriend, girlfriend, and friend of the boyfriend or girlfriend crowd from Spain. You would have to ask, "How come it just happens that there are so many qualified boyfriends and girlfriends altogether? What are the chances of finding so many couples that also happen to be the BEST qualified to get a job? The answer is that the "selection" is based on friendships and behind-the-scene exchange of favors.... All support, opportunities go to them, and if you dare speak up, you are set in a path to fail so they can give you a bad review; needless to say that the "feedback" from the boyfriend, girlfriend about your "flaws" is consistent.go figure.
    - Discrimination: The members of the Spanish crowd basically have license to do as they please; if you complain, expect NO support from the manager, as they will say that you are having problems adapting to the "culture".

I could go on and on, but here is the piece of golden advice I am giving you:
    If you do not believe what you read, ask them:
    1) How many USA based employees have they hired versus the number of Spanish employees they have brought in, who by the way, cannot speak English in 95% of the cases. You would think command of the English needs to be a basic requirement to set up a USA practice, right?

2) Out of those USA based employees, how many remain, and how long they stayed?
    3) How many of those USA based employees have been promoted, versus the Spanish ones
    4) How many of the USA based employees are in Management positions, versus the Spanish ones?

5) If you are trying to create a USA practice, does it make sense that your employees are, with a few exceptions, all from Spain? The answer is that they are not truly setting up a USA practice; what they are doing is actually outsourcing jobs as the Spanish economy is in flames, so it makes no sense for them to "take away" an opportunity to help a friend and give it to a qualified, English speaking person from the USA

if you are a recent graduate, your job is going to be to translate documents for the rest; what you will learn until you are fed up is not going to help you get a job anywhere else; your best choice is to work for the Big 4, who are going to exploit you for awhile, but at least you get some experience and that precious name on your resume; the EVERIS name will be of no help in terms of career progression.
    If you are an experienced professional, within 3 months you will realize the mistake that you have made; again, the story is very credible, but the reality is quite the opposite to what you are told during the interviews.

Advice to Senior Management- Be honest during interviews; you are not trying to set up a USA practice, all you are doing is escaping from the flames the Spanish economy is in

Impressions of working at everis USA

ProsAbove average benefits
    Warm global culture
    Opportunity for career growth and development

ConsCommunication issues and some language barriers

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity inclusion trainings
    Cross department and project communication/awareness

Nepotism, Cronyism, a class in civil rights and discrimination

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe story you are told during the interviews

ConsThis company sells you the story about merging the best of the Everis spain culture with the USA culture; this is far, far from the truth; they bring their friends, girlfriends, boyfriends and all the opportunities to excel are given to them. They lack the basic English language skills, so every document has to be rewritten by the few native speakers while the spaniards get all the credit. The comments about the useless powerpoint graphics are true; these guys will spend days making a green dot greener and will deliver what is normally a word document with real content as a useless, full of graphics and little content powerpoint presentation instead. All the good ideas have to come from one of their friends, and your only chance to get your ideas through is to give it to one of them to sponsor it, while of course you can forget about getting any credit for it. The other comments about nepotism, cronyism are exactly as described; you have bosses that would not be managing anyone by US standards giving useless direction and making people stay late for no good reason. The rework that goes on is unbelievable, as they'd rather keep looking busy versus spending time thinking before they start painting the useless pictures that they are so proud of. If they were more efficient, they will not be spending all the extra hours in the office and then claiming that they are hard workers. If you stand up for yourself, you are put to the side and then given inconsistent assignments for you to fail so they can claim that you are a bad worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you really believe you can succeed with a bunch of arrogant, non-English speakers that only talk with the USA-hired employees because they need translations into English?

Horrible Company to work for. Don't waste your time

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsGood Benefits but slowly being taken away.....

ConsManagement is HORRIBLE and no signs of improvement! They treat their employes poorly, expect to work many overtime hours without compensation and are give employees a bad review if they don't. Don't expect to grow in this company unless you can speak Spanish.

They paint a very nice picture at interviews, telling you the company is growing and there is lots of room for growth for you but there really isnt. Constantly bringing higher level employees from Spain rather than training and promoting American Employees.
    I'm not sure about other everis offices in the USA but the Birmingham office is horrible!!!

Take the current and past employees reviews seriously before considering to work here.
    They have fired many people in the past year! Current employees are constaly worried about losing their job and just waiting to find an option to get out of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet American employees in management roles! The Spanish Emplyees are obviously not able to understand the American work culture! The longer you wait the more people will leave and the more problems you will have in hiring employes.

Slavery

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

Prossome junior staff is nice

Conseverything is a "con" in everis

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the employee, not money

Worked for everis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at everis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for everis CEO Benito Vázquez. All 63 reviews posted anonymously by everis employees.