eyeReturn Marketing

www.eyereturnmarketing.com

eyeReturn Marketing Reviews

4.5

Renée Hill

Amazing team, technology and culture!

I worked at eyeReturn Marketing

Pros

Team - Extremely talented, smart, passionate people here. Everyone is approachable and very receptive to new ideas.

Culture - It's a very fun environment to be in. Dress is casual. There are team-building events throughout the year and you have a lot of freedom and autonomy in the office to work the way you like to.

Technology - Big scale. You get to work with very cool technology in a Big Data environment.

Projects - Lots of interesting work to be done. You can work on a variety of projects, each of which have a wide scope. A lot of opportunities for career growth and to make big contributions.

Cons

None to speak of. The team and culture are amazing.

Doing great! The company is growing fast and I'm excited for the future.

Awesome Place to Work, Grow & Learn!

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Abundant Advancement Opportunities - You can really guide your own career here and move up in the company if you're not afraid of hard work and don't just want to stroll in, socialize and do the minimum amount required.

Great Co-Workers - The people make eyeReturn what it is. The majority are bright, fun and engaging people who genuinely enjoy their jobs and the challenges of a rapidly expanding company.

Diverse and Interesting - There are plenty of opportunities to think and work outside the box and no matter what department you are in, your input is valued and encouraged.

Casual Atmosphere - Dress is casual. There are arcade games. They encourage team spirit and team building with activities and events for all.

Not Micro Managed - Nobody looks over your shoulder to make sure you are doing your job but If you're not up to the task, it will be noticed quickly.

Cons

There isn't a lot of hand holding here - so if that's what you need to get your job done, you should probably look elsewhere.

Employees can bring their Dogs to work - so if you have a fear of dogs or an allergy, you might want to keep that in mind.

Expectations are High - so if you're not prepared to work hard and be challenged, this probably isn't the best place for you...may I suggest a union or a government job instead?

Keep listening to your employees and keep guiding us in this positive, upward direction!

eyeReturn is the real deal - a fantastic team, challenging problems, start-up mentality, cutting edge technology.

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time

Pros

+ collaborative and supportive team
    + strong culture and comradery
    + opportunity to be exposed to, learn, and work with cutting edge technology
    + competitive compensation, health plan, bonuses, RRSP plans, summer hours
    + fast paced industry with new challenging problems to solve
    + great work life balance
    + a leader in the Ad Tech business space with big expansion plans underway

Cons

+ growth of the company is rapid, so processes need refining
    + must be a self starter, take initiative, and earn the respect of their peers

+ continue to develop and refine processes and roles to manage the rapid growth

Very busy. Very stressful. Some overtime (or a lot). You can't be lazy and useless. It's worth working here.

Current Employee - adops/trafficking in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - adops/trafficking in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working in adops/trafficking at EyeReturn for around 8 years.

Very busy. Challenging. If you are organized and efficient, you will do well. If you care, you will do well. If you come in with little experience and knowledge but are genuinely willing to learn, you will do well. If you prefer to full-ass one thing instead of half-assing two things, you will do well. The work you do here is worth doing.

No one tells when you you can and cannot take a break. No one tells you when you can and cannot eat lunch. No one will give you a hard time if you are 10 minutes late here and there. You can just stay until 5:10 and no one will ever say anything as long as you don't abuse it.

People that work here get together outside of work hours. WILLINGLY!

There are dogs.

Cons

Stress. But you get used to it.

We're not very good at keeping the fridge clean. But we have two microwaves. And two dishwashers for some reason. And there is no food theft even though there are 70+ people here. The water dispenser is often not cold enough. The thermostats are a complete lie. They are spread around the offices to merely provide the illusion of control. The reality is that there are two possible temperature settings: "too cold" and "too hot". You are not allowed to choose which is active at any given time. This is the most I have to complain about around here. As you can see I'm grasping at straws.

If there were ever any way to close the office early on nearly all long-weekends, that would be rather splendid. We full-ass our work. We should full-ass long-weekends too.

A Great Place to Work

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time

Pros

- Very current technology stack
    - Amazing team: The people are very friendly, fun, and thoughtful. They make coming into work not like 'work'. They are also an extremely bright bunch.
    - Company is growing rapidly with lots of opportunity
    - Fun work culture: Great events that happen fairly often. We got arcade machines and jitz tables which is pretty cool.

Cons

- Benefits: Not great
    - Hours: Not a requirement but many tend to work very long hours.

eyeReturn is a fantastic place to be

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Friendly and casual environment
    -Team spirit atmosphere
    -Surrounded by smart people to support you
    -Employees gets noticed for great work and a positive attitude, regardless of their level of expressed ambition
    -Opportunity to learn and grow as much as you want
    -Strong, growing company

Cons

No company is perfect, but in my personal experience I can't think of any cons.

Amazing Growing Company

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time

Pros

This company is top-notch, and hands down the best company I have worked for. I work at eyeReturn in a Sales/Marketing role and I can easily say the atmosphere is amazing. The best part is the respect you get from your fellow employees as well as at the CEO level. The opportunities to grow and expand your career are virtually limitless as this company seems to keep growing and succeeding continually.

Cons

Not much bad to say, I won't be leaving or looking elsewhere anytime soon.

Keep up the great work, thank you for treating each employee with respect and accepting everyone's input!

A growing company with a tremendous culture

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, growing company, lots of internal promotions, fair pay, summer hours, very honest and open Management, emerging technology, employee focused, convenient location, fun industry. It's the best company I have worked for in my 8 years, quite frankly.

Cons

Employees are bright and motivated, making it hard to stand out. With all of the growth, new offices and constant change, you always have to be on your "A" game and willing to take on new challenges. This isn't an old-school company where people work in silos and everything is monotonous, it's dynamic and team-work is valued.

Continue promoting within, as it is recognized and appreciated by the staff. Continue with events like the Geek and Meet, Christmas Give-aways, annual parties, Sporting Like 10K, etc. No real critique here, the digital ad-serving industry is always changing and Management has continually capitalized on it while engaging the staff.

A company that is growing fast and striving to improve

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been with eyeReturn for long, but during my short time here, there were plenty of positive things I have noticed. For example, the culture here is one of the best I've seen and I wanted to do this review to give people an honest opinion of the company that they can trust.

I guess I should start with the pros… The first thing as I’ve mentioned is the culture, people are highly intelligent, very friendly and helpful. This seems to be the most important thing in my search usually and I have found it here in abundance.

Since people here are quite intelligent the standards here are higher than most companies, which means if you aren't pulling your weight it will be obvious quickly. What I'm trying to say here, is that if you aren't doing your job. They aren't afraid to let you go. Which I believe is better than stretching things that aren't going to work out.

I also like the fact that the company also keeps on top of cutting edge technology and works with very complex architectures. As a result, they are very open to ideas and innovation. In addition, they are very open to change and improvement. Since I’ve been here, we have adopted many new processes, tools and technologies. Management is very willing to accept these changes and do what needs to be done to continue their rapid growth.

That being said, here are a few non work related things we have done since I started:

1) Dinner at The Keg (paid by the company)
    2) Beer and snacks in the kitchen for the hockey game
    3) Snacks during Valentine’s Day
    4) Pizza lunches
    5) Lunch and Learn
    6) eyeReturn Sports teams
    7) Awesome Holiday Party
    8) Paid entry into the Sporting Life 10K Run
    9) Arcade machines and foosball table

This gives you some insight into the culture and values of the company. They strongly believe in investing into their employees and maintaining a challenging and exciting workplace.

Cons

There are a few cons as well, but then again, no company is perfect.

1) Some of the processes here need to be matured. The growth here was so rapid that the processes are still catching up. Since I’ve been here, there have been many new processes implemented and more in the works
    2) The benefits here are good, but not great – no vision care :(
    3) People normally work late, but I have to say it is NOT something that is required/requested. Seems people just enjoy staying late (myself included)
    4) Maybe have free drinks/snacks? I’m nitpicking now :p

Keep up with the innovation, stay positive, remain passionate and continue to keep your employees happy!

Amazing team, technology and culture! (Copied from another review because it's spot-on)

Current Employee - A Member of the Technology Team in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - A Member of the Technology Team in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at eyeReturn Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The technology stack used at eyeReturn is "hot" and very relevant in the tech space.
    -You get a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to really change process in the company. You are definitely not a "cog in the wheel".
    -The company sets the bar high for employees, you get to work with bright people and learn a lot from them.
    -There is always work to be done, challenges and problems to be solved.
    -Plenty of career opportunities, both dedication and intelligence are recognized by the senior management
    -There are company wide perks such as product launch and milestone dinners, company sponsored events such as 10K runs, summer parties, "Amazing race" kind of event with generous prizing pool.
    -Top performers and dedicated employees also get other perks such as being sent to conferences, sometimes outside Canada.
    -Very relax work environment. There you will find things like arcade cabinets, a fabi foosball table, board games and a vending machine.

Cons

-Work-life balance can be a problem for some
    -Hours are not very flexible
    -Not much training is organized by the company, probably because no one has time.
    -Sometimes the work environment is too relax and some people will get too comfortable, it helps to have thick skin.

-Promote more training, even if it's just allowing employees to dedicate some time every few weeks to get training on their own (e.g.: Webinars)
    -Dedicate some time for employees to work on new ideas that are unrelated to their projects.
    -Dedicate resources to projects appropriately (make sure some teams are not understaffed or overstaffed)