f.y.e. Reviews

Reset
2.2
f.y.e. CEO Michael Feurer
Michael Feurer

Pros
  • If you like music and movies this is the place to be (in 23 reviews)

• It is flexible and has a fun environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, not a lot of growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Upper Management does not realize that their Lower Management is destroying the company (in 11 reviews)

1. Amazing Time

I worked at f.y.e. part-time

Pros

I started working at FYE as a seasonal employee but was then offered regular season work. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to work there I loved my entire store and we always had fun. It was a great job!

Cons

Honestly don't really have any except watch for creeps! There are the fair share of weird people that come into the store but it's never scary just odd, but at least you go home with a funny story at the end of the day!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe raise your hourly pay. Other than that I love FYE and the company

2. Good People, Okay Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I worked at f.y.e. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with were great and the environment was great as well - shifts usually went by pretty fast.

Cons

While my co-workers were great, and the management was easy to get a long with, they were not incredibly flexible with requested time off.

Advice to Management

Continue the open relationship you have with your staff, but try to be more understanding with necessary time off and scheduling conflicts.

Great company, Sadly, Digital Age is killing them

Former Employee - Sales Associate in DuBois, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in DuBois, PA

I worked at f.y.e. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a really great part time gig if you are into music and movies and enjoy working around people. The atmosphere is pretty good, some things could be better, but it's a good part time job.

Cons

They can't afford to work people. Some places try and work part time people too much, F.Y.E. is not one of them.

Advice to Management

Need to find a way to stay alive in this digital age, unfortunately people just aren't buying CD's and physical movies anymore.

5. Company? Great. Corporate? Ehh...

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Vineland, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Vineland, NJ

I worked at f.y.e. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Music, movies, games, art, culture

Cons

Too corporate, outdated consumer platform

Advice to Management

Provide better training system, upgrade consumer interaction

6. Part-timer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at f.y.e. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

F.Y.E is a great company to work at. They offer good discounts and are at the least polite to all employees even if your not friends.

Cons

It's a smaller store so there is less workers even if it seems to be more work. And there's a movie theater near by so people go there instead.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing because this is a great company and was an interesting experience.

7. FYE

Former Employee - Sales Lead/Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead/Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at f.y.e. (More than a year)

Pros

very fun, music everywhere fast paced

Cons

company going out of business

8. Task World Entertainment

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at f.y.e. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love, music movies and pop culture this job can be fun for a limited time. Even better if your location carries vinyl and video games.

Hard workers and performers get promoted often. Even Regional managers started at store level a lot of times. Almost all the District managers did and going going from a part-time sales associate to a store manager can be accomplished in a few short years.

Cons

Your tasks never end ever. The most you can hope to do is get as much accomplished as possible. They pay you the bare minimum and being promoted within suffers the worse salaries. If part-time you will hardly get any hours, around 10 hrs - 15 hrs. You are pushed to sell attachments at the register such as magazines, prps, discount cards(two varities) and giftcards. Your store is graded more on that then anything else. Your store could be a complete unorganized mess but if you succeed at drivers upper management does not even care.

They have a heavy focus on good customer service which is good, but if you focused on customer service like they expect you would never get any task done because of the heavy work load.

Advice to Management

Put focus back on customers and less tasks. Pay your employees better. And remember you are in the entertainment business so act like it.

Low pay to many hours

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at f.y.e. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None,just to even say something nice would upset my stomach.

Cons

Was transferred from store to store to fix them, fixed inventory in every store given but others get the credit because they are friends with the district manager. I was very displeased with this company, this company will fail and sink to the bottom of the retail graveyard. They do not take care of they're people. TASK DRIVEN RETAIL COMPANY

Advice to Management

This is to the CEO, start looking for another job your company is going under.

Going out of business

Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at f.y.e. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Music, movies and great repeat customer .

Cons

It has stepped away from customer service and has added unrealistic task time frames that leave store managers tired and depressed. Recent "district realignment" and company pressure has forced upper management to care less about store managers and asm's quality of life. Pushing stuff to customers like the VIP and Backstage passes because the company is grasping at straws is shady at best. Won't be long till the ship shrinks.

Advice to Management

In the little time I've worked for the company you have lost 3 great managers to micromanaging tactics. In retail you get what you get. Chasing off good employees will not help your bottom line. And VIP, backstage passes and mags that you force us to sell is criminal. Your ship is sinking.

Horrible

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Middletown, NY

I worked at f.y.e. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NO PROS at all. Time to retire the whole company.

Cons

Work long hours with crap pay. No training. Outdated EVERYTHING. NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER BETWEEN STORES OR CORPORATE. The company expects you to put your all into the job with nothing on return. NO cameras things were always getting stolen constantly because everything was so outdated.

Advice to Management

Do not work here. Totally not worth it at all.

RSS Feed </> Embed