focus pointe global

23 reviews filtered by
2.5
CEO

1. FT

I worked at focus pointe global (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are friendly, helpful and courteous to one another. Decent benefit package offered to FT employees.

Cons

Hours can be long and high stress levels can run high. Tough to maintain a work/life balance due to high expectations. Lack of training. Not much positive reinforcement from management.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to better suit the volume of work. Many employees handle enough work for 2 people but you should allow employees to focus on their strengths. Set realistic goals. Provide annual pay increases (even if a low percent for cost of living expenses) in order to show appreciation to dedicated employees.

2. Worst

Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at focus pointe global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. It's a job, as has been pointed out by other reviewers. It's easy to be 'promoted' but that usually comes without a raise and because the person in that position quit as soon as they got another job offer.

Cons

Management does not care about their workers. If you don't announce it, going to the bathroom will earn you a lecture. You also need to always be on the phone. If you're waiting for a group to be given to you, your only choice is to stare into space. And, even if you have nothing to do, don't even look at your cell phone.

Advice to Management

It might surprise you but a little attention and care will go a long way.

3. Comfortable and content despite it all

I worked at focus pointe global (More than 10 years)

Pros

Comfortable working there, casual work environment . Excellent benefits. Friendly project managers

Cons

Terrible communication skills / no training on new projects/disorganized and poor budget management. They can afford to buy another company , plane tickets for all the facility directors but no Christmas bonus, and they lay off people due to budget cuts. They can buy an entire company but cant pay their employees. Behind the plastic outgoing attitude that they try to convey, the truth is lower end employees get the shaft, and upper management makes poor decisions. How can the environment really be happy when everyone gets laid off

Advice to Management

Communicate better with staff, managers need to brief people on new projects and go over anything. Dont buy companies if you cant afford to pay your staff, i.e. recruiters which are the backbone of the business

High School Work Environment

Current Employee - Marketing Research Recruiter
    Current Employee - Marketing Research Recruiter

I have been working at focus pointe global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule.
    They're pretty flexible with attendance/schedule changes. Great job for college student. Low stress work environment. Every one is fairly friendly and easy to talk to.

Cons

I worked at the 13th and Market location in Philadelphia. The atmosphere was very high school-ish and lacks a sense of professionalism. It all starts with management. Management would discuss their grievances about certain employees loud enough for the entire Call Center to hear. Their conversations were very inappropriate and should've been discussed behind closed doors. And let's not leave out the potty mouths they have! Loud cursing can be heard throughout the day.

Secondly, every single move you make is monitored. You'll get written up for some of the following minute issues: taking a glance at your cellphone, clocking in 2 minutes late from your lunch break, forgetting to sign out for a 10 minute break, using the bathroom frequently (without being questioned about a medical issue), and a host of other things that high students experience. Management will also suspend you with out verbal warning. This job has no union and management can basically do as they please. For example, calling staff and telling them not to come in for their shift close to their time of arrival, sending employees home early for not getting any recruiting w/o taking the level of recruitment difficulty of job the person may have into consideration (quotas may be hard to fill), and also firing people without valid reason or a bogus excuse they make up to overshadow the fact that a supervisor simply "didn't like" an employee.

Lastly, their is also obvious discrimination. Although the Call Center is mostly minorities, they offer Caucasians better positions or shifts. In every class of new hires they will offer the 1 or 2 Caucasians in the class a QCA, J-Driving (data), split-shift (11-5p vs 5-9p) or any other position that is more desirable than a recruiter. We are also trained to be discriminative to the people in our database. People may not be able to participate in a study due to their race, financial status, or education level. Then we must lie and say that the quota is full instead of saying, "No, they don't want Asians or someone that makes less than 40k for this study."

Advice to Management

Create an environment that makes employees feel like they're at work. Set an example of professionalism that encourages staff to want to take the job seriously so you won't have to treat them like they're in detention. Most importantly stop favoring Caucasians employees and respondents by offering them better positions and the ability to not be excluded in studies. Be EQUAL to everyone of what class they fit into. Also offer your employees better benefits and opportunities for a raise. A monthly birthday cake in the break room for staff is NOT an employee benefit!

Hold time

I have been working at focus pointe global

Pros

probably none- I am a customer

Cons

EVERY time I call there to return their call, I sit on hold or 45- 50 minutes, and finally hang up!! Why call us if no one is every available to take our calls, or there is not enough help!!! I have better things to do

Advice to Management

GET MORE HELP- we all work !!

7. Great place to work, pay is just fair.

Current Employee - Host/Hostess in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Host/Hostess in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at focus pointe global part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun part time work where you get to meet lots of people.

Cons

work is sporadic, does not pay a lot

Advice to Management

Your hosts and hostesses are your front line to your clients on the days they are in your facility. The job should pay more than ten dollars an hour.

8. Resume Builder

Current Intern - Client Relations Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Client Relations Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at focus pointe global as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

This company is great as a resume builder, especially if you're trying to stay in the corporate world. You learn client relations, event management and presentation skills!

Cons

No growth opportunity and lack of hours.

Advice to Management

Consider a training program and other avenues of growth.

9. Fine Company

Current Employee - Marketing Research Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Research Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at focus pointe global part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work late shift, hours come and go. No real problems. Flexible schedule

Cons

High turnover rate, dress code is somewhat pointless, and getting more hours is difficult

Just the worst

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at focus pointe global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees are great, there is a sense of camaraderie here. What's unfortunate about that is it is because everyone is equally miserable. There are some amazing executive directors and some of them really do want to help you move up in the company. Unfortunately it is never their decision to give you a pay raise, even if they wanted to.

Cons

I have never worked for a company that under appreciates employees the way FPG does. Recruiters and customer service reps deal with some incredibly rude and awful respondents every day. I was berated on the phone by respondents for things 100% out of my control multiple times and was rarely able to get management on the phone to help their frustrations (95% of the time because they just didn't want to deal with the person). This place is understaffed where it needs the most help (customer service) but instead of hiring one or two new customer service reps they are hiring 15-20 new recruiters every couple of weeks. People have worked here for years without a review or a pay raise, are you kidding me? It's horrible! There are no bonuses or incentives (unless you're a recruiter). Some of the management is terrible, they want to be your friend more than a leader.

Advice to Management

This business needs so much internal help before it can be as successful as it wants to be. Lets start with hiring enough people to handle the influx of calls that are received daily. Get a phone system that works. Give people raises when they deserve it. Tell your employees good job when they are busting their butts for CRAP pay.

changed system

Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at focus pointe global part-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice people. good location. good furniture.

Cons

too many rules. ruled by computers.

Advice to Management

leave well enough alone.

focus pointe global Photos

Just another day in the Octagon

+ Add Photo