freightquote.com

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
2.9

Tyler Ellison

Pros
  • Work Life Balance- Managers care and will work with you on life events, etc (in 8 reviews)

• They have a decent health plan, 401k and generally good benefits overall (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance has become less of a company focus than it used to be (in 6 reviews)

• This is not a place where money is just going to fall into your lap, you have to put forth the time and energy to build your book of business (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Account Exec

I have been working at freightquote.com

Pros

Flexible hora and time off when hitting goals.

Cons

Must suck up to management to get anywhere. Hitting sales goals isn't enough.

Grind

I have been working at freightquote.com

Pros

People, benefits, technology, facility, flexibility

Cons

Lots of moving parts, need more/better support to continuously grow. Very hard to make money.

Give employees consistent support

High stress atmosphere

Former Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at freightquote.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary good job for new college grad.

Cons

Popularity contest some people get handed a whole book of business and then management acts like they built it themselves.

Be fair to everyone and distribute the wealth evenly.

Numbers Game

Former Employee - Account Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at freightquote.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great entry level sales experience.
    Benefits.
    Got comfortable cold calling.
    Friendly culture.
    PTO
    Work-life balance

Cons

Training consisted of learning about the industry, and had minimal sales training.
    With no sales background I had to learn from those around me.
    Better accounts were given to higher up reps.
    Industry is so competitive that it got to the point where I wasn't making much margin on sales.
    Minimal opportunity to advance

none.

Need Some Work

Current Employee - Freight Broker in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Freight Broker in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Home to Work life is great, 8am to 5pm no weekends, great PTO beneifits, great co-workers, easy going management.

Cons

Commission structure needs to be reformatted, needs a better company focus, better trained managers.

Please try to get back to being a employee focused company, trying to grow to big to fast will be the down fall if not corrected.

phone interview

I have been working at freightquote.com

Pros

great i would recommend. the interview was short , basic questions on the phone

Cons

non- i haven't had my onsite interview

So far, so good, but needs improvement.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good opportunities for those who work hard. Great that the top 100 reps were allowed to have laptops and can work from home now and then.

Cons

Serious favoritism and good ol' boy club mentality, with perks and special accounts given to those who've already gotten ahead with favoritism. Certain reps given big accounts and then allowed to just charge a handful of customers utterly ridiculous amounts of money, then treated like big shots for all the money they're making and never made to really work, and that's IF they even show up! Makes honest salespeople feel like there's no point when things are so unfair, and we've lost way too many good ones.

And what's with never hiring even one person in a wheelchair!?!

Reward and recognize the people who are loyal, reliable, honest, and hard-working, not just those who already make obscene money by hook or by crook.

Get with modern business times and allow senior reps to prove they can be trusted to work from home and still be as or more productive.

Train support staff and reps in other departments to treat customers' issues like they are *their* customers too, and to fight for them, and not to fight against Sales reps.

Stop making everything about sports analogies, and saying things like "big boy brokerage", as it isolates and separates those who don't fit in with those terms. And not everyone can or should give a crap about Corporate Challenge, either. It's just a huge marketing gimmick anyway.

Survey Results are in!!! 73% engaged workforce!

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top 5 rated areas(where our current employees told us we excel): 1. Trust with Coworkers; 2. Individual contribution; 3. Manager effectiveness; 4. Job Satisfaction; 5. Teamwork.
    Although we are pleased with the current rating, we want to improve. Senior leadership is already reviewing the comments and suggestions that were provided and identifying ways to improve in those areas!

Cons

I don't see it as a con but others may....it is a rapidly changing environment. Each day is different!

Thank you for caring about your staff and truly wanting to make FQ a great place to work!!

WHAT A JOKE!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you just graduated college or want an entry level sales job with a base salary you can get hired if you have a pulse.

Cons

4 weeks of classroom training with snotty, immature trainers that waste 8 hours of the day goofing off with each other and assigning you homework and a ton of studying so you can cram for daily tests. Once you start selling you realize it's just a high pressure boiler room. There is no focus on getting and retaining profitable customers. Just hit unattainable quotas with no focus on quality. Once you land some customers you will have a difficult time selling or retaining them because Freightquote's prices are high and not competitive in a hyper competitive industry. Back office support is a joke since the company understaffs and underpays those positions. Their strategy is to get tons of hopeful chumps in the door and use them till they get fired or quit. There are some very successful sales reps at the company but they are hand fed everyone else's accounts. The positive reviews on here are from the recruiters and trainers. The negative reviews are honest and from actual sales reps. If you want to work in logistics don't think you can get experience at Freightquote and move on because there is a non-compete agreement. Don't settle for this scam. Keep looking and hold out for a real sales job.

Sell your company to CH Robinson. They are #1 for a reason. You obviously have no idea what you are doing and it shows in the way you scramble to embrace every amature hour business strategy that pops into your heads.

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The new training program is very effective. Account Executives who have gone through the new training are set up for success right out of the gate and have a strategic advantage. There are always opportunities to learn and grow within the sales role through brown bag luncheons, etc. They have an employee whose job it is to shape FQ's culture, so they've had a lot of big and small events to motivate and reward employees. Definitely a fun place to work with a lot of fun people. I have learned a lot from my coworkers and love the fast paced, work hard, go-getter environment.

Cons

The company is growing quickly so they are going through a lot of changes as they develop and grow in size

I like that upper leadership is involved in the day-to-day and that they listen to employees.