Be The First To
Not yet rated.
I have been working at gTeam FZ full-time
Pros – Working at gTeam gives me the freedom that I have never had with other traditional companies. It is work that comes to me through internet and not me that goes to work, avoiding the stress of traffic, saving time to spend with my family and having the flexibility of managing my own hours as I want.
The biggest advantage as manager is that while travelling around the world I can work from anywhere at any moment.
Being at home but at the same time in continuous contact with other team members worldwide enriches me culturally and humanly.
Cons – Which kind of people would not work for gTeam? Those that are not ready to face the challenges of a freelance job that offers flexibility.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-03-01 03:20 PST
1 person found this helpful
I worked at gTeam FZ as a contractor for less than a year
Pros – The illusion of the working from home
Cons – Where do I start?
1) The work is a serious time pass. They ask you to rework on the work done. More of a copy paste but following their prewritten steps over and over again. e.g. keep performing the same test cases over and over again and record your testing steps in video, screen capture, text describe etc
2) Ugliest is the constant influx of people in to the team. They keep bringing in new people to the team every week.
3) Then fire people in a same rate. Possibly 1 or 2 every week. You can be an engineer, manager, administrator or whatever your turn is coming soon. I didn't meet a single person working there for more than an year.
Someone else blogged: Its most likely to save $$$ in tax dollars. The equation is some what like this. They hire 20 new contractors. Ask them to work 30hrs/week for $15/hr. Charge their clients(all US based) $150/hr by making ~$100grand that week. By constantly moving people in and out they get to save on taxes.
4) The constant rude behaviors from the managers from some third-world countries like India.
5) Torment of constantly sitting in front of the webcam for every minute, so much so that if you've to run to bathroom you've to turn off the meter. I mean if all that the company values is the quantity and quality of work then why such slavery type attitude.
The list goes on but this should give you an idea.
Sincere advice. Do NOT waster your time and find some real work.
Advice to Senior Management – Please close the shop and get to something constructive
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2014-02-17 21:52 PST
I worked at gTeam FZ full-time
Pros – You can beat the time tracker
Cons – The turnover rate is high. People come and go even if they are contributing well to the team. Communication is POOR. The bosses can be big time douches from India and do not have people skills.
It felt like the work assigned to us was just to fill the gaps. i have no idea why they made us do what they did. I've been in software development for several years and have never heard of a team doing this sort of project. It was redundant work and a waste of time. There is not a single team out there that does this work, I can almost guarantee that.
Advice to Senior Management – Learn how to run a real company.
2014-02-17 21:37 PST
2 people found this helpful
I worked at gTeam FZ full-time for less than a year
Pros – The hours are somewhat flexible.
Cons – They fire people on a whim. They also continually fire the bottom 20-30% of workers. Managers encourage unpaid overtime. Your work is monitored via webcam. Some managers are verbally abusive. Crunch-time is non-stop.
Advice to Senior Management – Have some humanity.
2014-02-02 22:17 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
No thanks –