gloProfessional Reviews

Sean Butler

1. Great company

Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at gloProfessional full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Regional managers don't micro manage (unless they need to). They kept sales reps stocked with car stock and brochures.

Cons

So many skus and product lines, personal car was basically unusable for family/ groceries.

Advice to Management

Give company cars with a gas card.

2. Wouldn't Recommend

Pros

Great products, gratis program. Not much else to note.

Cons

Micro-management abounds, employees do not feel valued. No room for advancement. Compensation and benefits are not in line with other companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

Manage from a positive place, not from a fear base, and you will have happier, more productive employees.

This Company Is A Joke

I worked at gloProfessional full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There wasn't really any Pro's to working for this company, except the personal gratis of the products.

Cons

Were do I start? Everything... Benefits, compensations, older management needs to be removed, some of the regional managers need to be removed. If you don't look a certain way don't bother applying to this company, because they won't hire you! You need to be thin, blonde and pretty, otherwise forget it! There is no diversity in this company either.

Advice to Management

Start hiring qualified employees, and get rid of the weak links, otherwise this organization is going to be out of business.

5. Refreshing changes are taking place

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time

Pros

Fantastic products that really work and customers love. It's nice coming to work each day and hearing such great feedback. It's a fast-paced environment with new and different challenges every day, and there are some really talented people in this company. I'm always learning something new here.

Cons

I joined the company earlier this year and definitely have seen some positive changes since I got here, but there is more that can be done. Experienced new managers are making a difference with better pay and a more rewarding work atmosphere!

Advice to Management

Keep the positive change coming! It's getting better and better.

How about being beautiful on the inside too?

Pros

Makeup and skin care company! It's glamourous- or should be. Free product. Excellent product. Need better people managing the company.

Cons

People are negative toward each other, company goals. Not a lot of seeing eye to eye. Power hungry people make it hard for others to do their job. negative atmosphere. Not a team atmosphere. Who knows how one person fits into the company goals. Short sighted in each department- only caring about the JOB, not sharing a vision. No one even smiles anymore.

Advice to Management

Build a more positive environment so people are happy to be here. Appreciate your employees. We are helping you to meet goals. Treat us better so more people want to work here. I can't refer anyone I like right now.

Horrible

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely no good reason to work here. The products are not that great.

Cons

If you are looking for the worst possible work environment than this place is for you.

Advice to Management

Talk to your team and ask questions, most important, listen to what they say. If you do, you may learn that most hate their job, are in constant fear of being fired, and most are just waiting for a better opportunity but are to afraid to speak up.

Positive People Creating Positive Changes

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at glo for over 2 years so I've seen a lot of changes take place. Overall I think things are definitely changing for the better. As with the last review, I am not a part of the sales or customer service teams so it's hard to speak on past complaints, but my experience has been positive and I'm excited to see strategies and policies change for the better. The products are great, my co-workers are fantastic and it's been a valuable learning experience.

Cons

Not the best PTO I've seen but my managers have always been flexible and understanding. You are expected to contribute to several initiatives at the same time so if you need a lot of structure or like every day to look the same this might not be the best fit.

Advice to Management

Continue making positive changes and listen to your employees. Your employees are hard-working, talented and smart and want to make glo a place they stay for the long run.

Current employee that loves this industry; 2 years with glo and my experience has only gotten better

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the professional spa industry and enjoy all things skincare and cosmetics-related so that's just a really great fit to start with. As far as the products, I'm a fan as well and couldn't work for/represent something that I didn't believe in. As far as glo as a company, I feel there have been a lot of changes (especially over the past year) that have been really good. My direct team and manager are amazing. glo is a somewhat small company, especially compared to other skincare and cosmetics brands, meaning that there is cross-over of job functions (aka I feel like I wear a lot of different hats) and for me this is a good thing! I like variety, being busy and challenged. No two days are the same and overall I just have a lot of fun doing what I'm doing.

Cons

See my last few sentences above, this would be a con for some people. I think some things are pretty standard- who wouldn't want more time off or higher salary? Honestly though, it's a give and take- for me pros outweigh this section.

Advice to Management

It seems that management has recognized a need for change, evident over this year, specifically last few months. Reading some of the past reviews, I wonder if my experience would have been different a few years back or if I worked in a sales position- neither are the case for me though. I feel bad for those that had negative experiences.

Products are great, company is horrible!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set your own schedule Use medical skin care products

Cons

Micromanaged to the point of being bullied by management Pay is drastically less than I was told and not enough to support a family in the least. If you have children and bills this is not the job for you. No advertising or marketing support at the local level. Have not seen a corporate educator here in over three years. Company doesn't keep up with competitor perks Absolutely unrealistic sales demands VP of sales has no idea what's happening in a territory but will make unrealistic demands and decision that will waste your time and NOT lead to higher sales Customer service is sub-par at best. Orders always going out wrong that take weeks to fix and the sales consultant will take the heat from the customer and be blamed by the company. As of now, I've seen nothing to improve the situation. Only apply for this job if you have no children, you are fine making $30k a year and working 6 days a week, you are ok with being micro managed, you absolutely have to have an esthetics background, you are ok working for a company that doesn't support you and a company that has a poor reputation in your area.

Advice to Management

If the territory is failing and you can't keep consultants for longer than a year it might be time to reevaluate your approach. Instead of calling your current consultant 'toxic' and blaming them for the consistent downfall of the area, take a look at what successful lines are doing in the same territory. Other lines have national educators that come to the area numerous times a year. You haven't had a workshop in the area for more that three years.

glo is a great company but the top mgmt is unfit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at gloProfessional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The industry is great and the employees are awesome.

Cons

Low pay, little appreciation, high turnover.

Advice to Management

Show appriciation to your employees and they will want to work harder for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed