hawkeye

hawkeye CEO Richard Beanland

Richard Beanland

Client Coordinator

Client Coordinator (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI feel like the pros of working at hawkeye were: the Work and Life Balance, Co-workers, Atmosphere in the office, Company values, Company events, Casual attire, and the Candy room.

ConsI feel that the opportunities for advancement are not really there. It seems as if there are little chances for upward growth, instead they move workers from position to position on the same level.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe office culture is great and you made my time there a great one. I'm looking forward to seeing what Publicis Hawkeye has in store for the future!

A company where people are treated as adults

ProsNo one looks over your shoulder to make sure you're getting your work done (unless you have a reputation for incorrect/late work). Flexible attitudes including dress code

ConsManagers can be too hands off.

Database Analyst

Database Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFriendly environment, everyone looks out for one another
    Monthly luncheons
    Stocked full with snacks for breakfast and lunch
    Management wants to see you succeed and help you meet your goals

ConsLittle room for growth
    Sometimes ran into slow project periods - which is somewhat normal for agency life
    Upper management always seemed to be on the go or often not around to answer questions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I only lasted a short time!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMy client which has nothing to do with my work environment.

ConsThis company hires recent college graduates and works them to death. Upper management is so unqualified and rips off the company by purchasing personal items and expensing them. Upper management has the liberty to do what they want and treat all employees lower than them and not as a team. Many client complaints from management responses and unethical behaviors. There is no open door policy since all upper management is pretty much college friends and things just get brushed off. My colleagues where very unhappy (but as interns most dont speak up) and the accounting is horrible at keeping track of money. I personally printed out items that where bought for personal use and expensed to an account and it was thousands of dollars. Lets just say the management is going no where and neither will the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep a closer look on your upper management expense reports its costing you a lot of $$$$.

Ok

ProsGood people to work with

ConsThe benefits are very costly to the employee

A company that cares more about their client than their "directors" who actually do the work.

Designer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits and insurance is available to full-time employees

Conshard to get raise. you feel expendable. Hard to get management involved with projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone can see right through you guys, but, everyone needs jobs. You should care more about the people doing all the work and be less douchey when an employee needs your help or needs to meet.

Great team and lots of opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Proshawkeye has done a great job over the last several years transitioning from a traditional agency into an integrated, digital-leaning agency. We attract great talent and clients who like hawkeye enough to invest in long term relationships. The agency's growth, especially in the digital space, has created opportunity for all career levels.

Conshawkeye can be slow to adapt to changing situations. Most of the leadership is client-focused and consequently has not invested sufficient time and resources on structured growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the talent in the agency to prepare hawkeye to grow more.

Overworked, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some smart and talented people working here. The Dallas office is located in a nice part of uptown, near plenty of nice shops and restaurants.

ConsManagement is dysfunctional and plays favorites. What initially seems like a playful atmosphere is really a mask for pervasive immaturity of upper management. While the company gives lip service to work-life balance, they do not practice it, with long hours expected to help with winning new business pitches or big projects that some salesperson sold with too little time to complete it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is hard to give advice to management because management is the problem. Best advice is to grow up and start acting like adults.

Good pay, good atmosphere and good people.

ProsCatered food for birthdays, parties, work from home as necessary, good pay.

ConsHawkeye is growing pretty rapidly, so they're still working out some kinks that come with constantly hiring new people

Seattle office (in Kent) is a poor workplace

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsSmall company
    Great opportunity to work on multiple projects
    Smart people
    OK Benefits
    Good Building facilities

ConsPoor culture
    Does not appreciate its employees
    No transparency with a culture of cliques
    No career prospects
    Very poor infrastructure

Worked for hawkeye? Contribute to the Community!