heatons

Profile Unclaimed

heatons Reviews

2.3

CEO

Positive - it is what it says a value for money retailer.

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at heatons (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great progression opportunities.
    Very competitive rates of pay.
    Positive outlook for the future with new stores.
    Won a best managed company award recently.

Cons

Now these can be a con or a pro depending on how you like to work
    Very structured - the company policy and procedure is there to be followed to the letter.
    Hours are long but it is retail - you chose that as your career there to serve your customer .

Accept feedback from the team and listen more.
    Plenty of really good people working there they all need recognition.

Living Nightmare- wrote new review after leaving, delighted

I worked at heatons

Pros

none- there are no pros for working for this compan

Cons

management are rude. management think fear is the only way to run the shop.
    if your personality doesn't click with all the managers, there is no hope for you so leave now.
    a lot of the managers don't take responsibility for there actions, instead they blame the staff and take the credit for everything that goes right.

a lot of back stabbing from employees who click personally with mangers against the staff who don't click quite as well on a personal level with the managers, they especially do this if they see these people as a threat to them getting more hours then them.

if a manager see you as a threat to them they will make your life miserable as possible and do their best to make you mess up, without been obvious about it

once had a manager say to me I don't care if it made more money I don't like it
    managers often go with the attitude its their way or no way, even if their way is not best

a lot of managers act as if they want you to be innovative, but in fact they don't want you to be totally innovative as they think you might show them up

managers would rather cover up for some employees who are not up to it and shift the blame to employees or other managers they see as a threat to them

if you have genuine talent, do not come here at the lower end as some managers will make sure you fail if they see you as a person who could be a much better manager then them

a few years ago we had to fill out a self assessment form and one of the questions was where do you see your self in 5 years time and i said as a manager, the store manager practically laughed at me saying i wouldn't be able to fill out the stuff they have to do on the computers or do the things they have to do on the hand held scanners(some of which we are made do, which they are suppose to, not ordinary staff), when in fact that manager knows that i know a bit abut computers and was quite good at it in collage(its all in my file)

realise that making the staff being miserable and been in fear is not going to help the business, happy staff can be a lot more productivity, it shouldn't be if you like an idea, it should be is that going to work?.
    Take responsibility for your actions

Horrendous place to work - avoid at all costs

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at heatons full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros whatsoever to working for Heatons. Nothing positive to say for the company during my 12 months with them

Cons

Managed by threats and fear, managed by people who prefer to belittle and bully rather than support and mentor. Not given enough staffing to adequately run a store, working hours in excess of 50 hrs a week but still the senior management are not happy. Watched on cameras and questioned by head office senior managers. More interested in how many cages of stock you've cleared rather than how many customers you've dealt with. Regional managers with terrible attitudes and very poor management skills. Do not work here, no matter how bad a situation you are in, you will regret it after a few months.

Spend a week running a store and putting in the hours and effort the teams do and realise that you simply expect too much from people, not just walking in criticising bullying belittling and walking out again.

Good Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at heatons part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked up in Heatons a number of years ago and had a very positive experience. I worked with lovely people and very good bosses.

Cons

I have very little bad to say about Heatons. I think they are a very good company to work for.

Do not work here. It will ruin your life!

I worked at heatons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. They hide behind good wages and will not tell you about the REAL working conditions here. It is a pitt, a mine, an abuse hole. Do not leave a job to go here, no matter how bad your current job is, trust me do not join Heatons.

Cons

You will be bullied
    You will hate your job
    Everyone hates the working conditions
    You have to sign in and out with finger prints at every break.
    You cannot leave the office
    You cannot use your mobile phone
    You cannot speak up
    It is a dictatorship ran by an ignorant dictator.

Start treating people with respect.

Living Nightmare

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Killarney (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Killarney (Ireland)

I have been working at heatons

Pros

none- there are no pros for working for this company

Cons

management are rude. management think fear is the only way to run the shop.

once had a manager say to me I don't care if it made more money I don't like it

Take responsibility for your actions

Living nightmare their own slogan says it all . Expect more pay less !

I have been working at heatons full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

30 % discount. Survive another week. Paid weekly. Putting the shutter down at night

Cons

Where to start its hell. I am surprised no more people complain but their all scared. Did I mention it is hell . 4 managers sacked in 2weeks . 9 plus walked. Its not for gbe faint hearted . If you work more than a year its like dog years 7.

People staff are human not superhuman.

Nice friendly workplace with decent pay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at heatons part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was above minimum wage and was time and a half on Sundays.

Cons

The management aren't very helpful.

Enjoyable for Part-Timers, hell for Full-Timers!

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at heatons part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. I worked with a great team. Staff get 30% discount which is nice.

Cons

They don't hire family. Very bureaucratic, it's very hard to implement new ideas and methods at the local level. No product training.

Give staff freedom. Give product training.

If you want to be constantly criticised and bullied, work in Heatons Headoffice

I have been working at heatons

Pros

Competitive salary but you must work extremely hard for it, have sleepless nights and be in constant fear.

Cons

Very negative environment to work in, CEO gets his kicks out of criticising people in front of their colleagues, his senior management turn into shrinking violets in his presence and take their frustrations out on their subordinates.
    Holidays must be taken in week long slots while you must take two weeks for summer holidays whether it suits or not..

Don't ever bother to enter 'best place to work' as Heatons would only win worst place to work....