heatons

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good Job

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at heatons part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked up in Heatons a number of years ago and had a very positive experience. I worked with lovely people and very good bosses.

ConsI have very little bad to say about Heatons. I think they are a very good company to work for.

Do not work here. It will ruin your life!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at heatons full-time for more than a year

ProsNone. They hide behind good wages and will not tell you about the REAL working conditions here. It is a pitt, a mine, an abuse hole. Do not leave a job to go here, no matter how bad your current job is, trust me do not join Heatons.

ConsYou will be bullied
You will hate your job
Everyone hates the working conditions
You have to sign in and out with finger prints at every break.
You cannot leave the office
You cannot use your mobile phone
You cannot speak up
It is a dictatorship ran by an ignorant dictator.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating people with respect.

Living Nightmare

Sales Assistant (Current Employee)
Killarney (Ireland)

I have been working at heatons

Prosnone- there are no pros for working for this company

Consmanagement are rude. management think fear is the only way to run the shop.
if your personality doesn't click with all the managers, there is no hope for you so leave now.
a lot of the managers don't take responsibility for there actions, instead they blame the staff and take the credit for everything that goes right.

a lot of back stabbing from employees who click personally with mangers against the staff who don't click quite as well on a personal level with the managers, they especially do this if they see these people as a threat to them getting more hours then them.

if a manager see you as a threat to them they will make your life miserable as possible and do their best to make you mess up, without been obvious about it

once had a manager say to me I don't care if it made more money I don't like it
managers often go with the attitude its their way or no way, even if their way is not best

a lot of managers act as if they want you to be innovative, but in fact they don't want you to be totally innovative as they think you might show them up

managers would rather cover up for some employees who are not up to it and shift the blame to employees or other managers they see as a threat to them

if you have genuine talent, do not come here at the lower end as some managers will make sure you fail if they see you as a person who could be a much better manager then them

a few years ago we had to fill out a self assessment form and one of the questions was where do you see your self in 5 years time and i said as a manager, the store manager practically laughed at me saying i wouldn't be able to fill out the stuff they have to do on the computers or do the things they have to do on the hand held scanners(some of which we are made do, which they are suppose to, not ordinary staff), when in fact that manager knows that i know a bit abut computers and was quite good at it in collage(its all in my file)

Advice to Senior Managementrealise that making the staff being miserable and been in fear is not going to help the business, happy staff can be a lot more productivity, it shouldn't be if you like an idea, it should be is that going to work?.
Take responsibility for your actions

Living nightmare their own slogan says it all . Expect more pay less !

I have been working at heatons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros30 % discount. Survive another week. Paid weekly. Putting the shutter down at night

ConsWhere to start its hell. I am surprised no more people complain but their all scared. Did I mention it is hell . 4 managers sacked in 2weeks . 9 plus walked. Its not for gbe faint hearted . If you work more than a year its like dog years 7.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople staff are human not superhuman.

Nice friendly workplace with decent pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at heatons part-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay was above minimum wage and was time and a half on Sundays.

ConsThe management aren't very helpful.

Enjoyable for Part-Timers, hell for Full-Timers!

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at heatons part-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly atmosphere. I worked with a great team. Staff get 30% discount which is nice.

ConsThey don't hire family. Very bureaucratic, it's very hard to implement new ideas and methods at the local level. No product training.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive staff freedom. Give product training.

If you want to be constantly criticised and bullied, work in Heatons Headoffice

I have been working at heatons

ProsCompetitive salary but you must work extremely hard for it, have sleepless nights and be in constant fear.

ConsVery negative environment to work in, CEO gets his kicks out of criticising people in front of their colleagues, his senior management turn into shrinking violets in his presence and take their frustrations out on their subordinates.
Holidays must be taken in week long slots while you must take two weeks for summer holidays whether it suits or not..

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever bother to enter 'best place to work' as Heatons would only win worst place to work....

Heatons

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at heatons

ProsSalary is very competitive. Gives a wide area of expertise. Some great staff to work with. Very good opportunities for growth within the company.

ConsManagement have to put in a lot of hours...A LOT! A lot of pressure...soo much to be done all the time but not enough staff hours given. Some staff in head office are very rude, and as you have to communicate with them quite often this can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition for a job well done...Senior management need to be more supportive to enable things to be done. Stop with the unrealistic expectations.

Worked for heatons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at heatons reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by heatons employees.