hhgregg Reviews

Reset

Don't trust management

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Davenport, FL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Davenport, FL

I worked at hhgregg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monday through Friday. 7am to 3:30pm. Most everyone is friendly.

Cons

Warehouse got slow and they forced me to leave. Not cool.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees about status, especially dependable, hard working ones.

2. Not The Best But Not The Worst...

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Good People, Some Individual Freedom

Cons

Hours (Normal Retail), Far To Much Change,

an OK place to work

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at hhgregg (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount, family type workplace. Overall not a bad place to work for you can definitely make money.

Cons

Probably the biggest con is the commission change that took place, for a new person money would be good, but for someone that has been there not so much.

Advice to Management

Change the commission structure back to what it was before you lose all your great employees.

hhgregg Back to basics

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anderson, SC

I have been working at hhgregg full-time

Pros

Great people to work with Great Customers to business with Great product offerings Training available, on your own, from vendos, and from instore personnel.

Cons

As with all major retailers the hours can be long and week end work is required. In store back-up stock on some sales merchandise would be helpfull

Advice to Management

Change pay structure so employee's can have the rewards of their hard work. Talk to the employees before major changes are implemented to get their feedback and to let them know what is being considered.

6. Place is going to hell

Former Employee - Sales Manager in York, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in York, PA

I worked at hhgregg (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product selection is one of the best in industry

Cons

Company doesn't care anymore about it's people or customers. There training went south years ago. And now they hire any joke to manage there stores. And the regional managers are a bigger joke

Advice to Management

Get better trained and stop hiring part time if i wanted to talk to people who dont care ill vo to home depot or lowes or best buy. Hhgregg is suppose to be where you come to get knowledgeable help not a clerk

7. Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL

Pros

the discount, thats it and sometimes they allow to switch schedule for emergency.

Cons

they cut about 30% of our commission, the compensation in place is horrible. they pay you draw for not making money but the minute you make a lil bit of money, they take it all back at once.

Advice to Management

need a lot work, sometime we do more physical labor than our main job description which is sales.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

I worked at hhgregg full-time

Pros

My co-workers were amazing

Cons

Everything. just shut down your stores

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the backbone they are. Stop cutting commission and stop advertising products below cost on the front page of all ads. Management needs an over haul, stop giving them bonuses for every little thing. I watched that alone turn the best employees into absolute crap. My experience with this company was the worst I've ever had. I spent many lunch breaks convincing myself just to walk back in the door to finish my shift. I watched management abuse power, and employees cheat just to make bonuses because the pay was so low due to lack of business. Don't forget that your employees spend almost every waking hour at the store. This was an issue mainly during the holidays when you work 60+ hours with only 1 day off. Closing the store at 11 just at to turn around to be back at 8. Horrible place. My advice to anyone looking to work here is to look for employment elsewhere. Save yourself the trouble.

9. Easy job for extra cash

Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Wilmington, NC

I worked at hhgregg part-time (More than a year)

Pros

not too difficult though we do the work of a few people Management is willing to help when needed Power to handle situations at your discretion for the most part

Cons

low pay for what we do didnt feel like much room for advancement raises were once a year and VERY small

Advice to Management

Pay CSM's more! They keep the front end running smoothly and should easily make $10/hr+

10. It is what it is, you get what you give

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at hhgregg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make lots of money, if willing to work hard enough for it.

Cons

No customers to make money off of. company taking incentives away from customers. creating less traffic in stores.

Hard to make a living wage

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales
    Current Employee - Home Theater Sales

I have been working at hhgregg full-time

Pros

My co workers that's about it.

Cons

Used to be a great company where you can make an honest livable wage to support a family but not anymore. Sales people is what made hhgregg. Without that you wouldn't make any money and wouldn't have been able to expand like they have. Cutting pay on your front line workers is going to be the end of the company. Selling PSP isn't easy and good customer service is something that should be rewarded but it's not.

Advice to Management

If you want your company to survive you have to pay a living wage to your workers. I've sold millions of dollars for your company and thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of PSP and the thanks I get is we're cutting your pay 40%. No one will stay there under those circumstances and they will go elsewhere where they'll feel wanted, appreciated and paid!

RSS Feed </> Embed