hibu

hibu Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 14, 2014

hibu CEO David Eckert

David Eckert

Pros
  • They are always introducing new products to sell that customers need(in 11 reviews)

• Ability to work from home and flexible scheduling(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Equating process with quality; no focus on customer needs or customer service(in 29 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed(in 28 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

eh?

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosok benefits, base pay is livable, some experience

Conshigh pressure, company is in default with debt and grabbing on to any life raft that they can.

The worst

Digital Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSince my manager stopped doing any management after the first few months, I was left completely alone for months. Good 401k and medical benefits.

ConsThey don't tell you this is a door to door sales job on purpose until you have already signed up and taken a plane out of town for training. The sales culture is hideous, they told bold lies in our corporate training such as that hibu charges no commission to our clients for SEM campaigns, Google pays us. Turns out, hibu takes 50% of the money, just like Reachlocal.

Any behavior is tolerated to get a sale, and the online reviews of hibu are so bad, the only way to get sales is to lie. I watched my manager time and time again promise "free SEO" if someone bought a print product.

Unprofessional behavior is also tolerated. Any level of racist or sexist talk is ok.

Once you actually get past the hurdles of bad products and reviews and actually sell something, that is when things get even worse. Your clients will NOT be happy with the results. Hibu has zero organization on to deliver. They don't understand how to centralize and simplify their processes. They don't even have a CRM!

All they care about is selling basic, way overpriced websites at the moment. They will write up and get rid of successful salespeople just because they haven't sold a website. As far as I can tell, they are trying to layoff people without having to pay them a severance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should all be fired.

Business Development Representative

Business Development Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStarbucks gift cards, Restaurant gift cards

ConsToxic Environment- feeling like you can get fired at any time; Middle Management- talks in circles; Core Product is sub par at best; Excessive Training that hurts time that should be spent out in the field; Base Salary looks good on the surface, but the commission compensation plan is horrible. Have started to micro-manage the sales reps to death. At this juncture, I feel that I'm on the Titanic and we just hit the iceberg. Its only a matter of time before for the ship sinks completely.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that the middle management is just being the puppets for corporate and feeding the sales reps garbage of how great everything is, but in reality no one is selling enough of the core products to have positive impact for the company. I feel that their is no advice I could give to management. They dug hole way too deep to get out of.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hibu has great people and a company that values its employees.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe People you work with- some of the best in the industry, people who care about you and your growth

ConsThe company supports its employees

You must have a positive attitude

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMany products to sell daily

ConsYou need to fight through the no's

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it positive

Client services representative

Client Services Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat support system, coworkers fun to work with big training efforts
    Make your own schedule, every day is different. With the variety of products you can appeal to just about any business owner.

ConsWas let go due to cut backs and reorganization, very frustrating was just getting started had several very promising appointments lined up. Wish I would have kept looking when I saw that they were financially unstable. My mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementLetting me go your mistake!

Great learning experience

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosopportunity to make a lot of commission.

Consbad management strategy and bad leadership

Advice to Senior Managementbe more positive towards your employees. try not to manage by fear.

Lack of moral integrity in local leadership

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBack in 2000-2003 this was a great company to work for.
    Great pay and positive working environment.

ConsManagement style was high pressure and threatening.
    Lack of vision at executive level for change in business model.
    Pay cuts and commission rates started in 2005.

Started out great , then change of management came and working there became a nightmare.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIn the beginning the money was good and the people you worked with were talented and great to be around.

ConsOver worked and under paid. Customer service was horrible. Management that was there were no help. They always threatened your job if your numbers were not were they wanted them to be. Very stressful enviroment. There were so many good sales people that left or were fired due to the way they managed their employees, people hated working there. The turnover is like a revolving door they can't keep anyone .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop threatening peoples jobs to motivate them, it doesn't work. Joe Walsh should make all his management people take clasess on how to manage and motivate your employees without threatening their jobs all the time.

A job to look forward to (if you can tolerate the politics)

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellant pay for hard work! This company provides ample opportunity to positively impact your compensation. Additionally, they are attempting to stay on the cutting edge of technology and marketing trends. We offer a superior product at a fair price as well as provide a "back room" support system to insure that we keep our customer satisfied. Upper level management seems to care a great deal about the reps if at times a little removed from the current obstacle that we face...Opportunity for career advancement limited only to your aspirations.

ConsLow level management LAZY!!! Alot of favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to reassess goals for different levels of sales taking into consideration the abundance of products we now sell.

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!