hibu

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

16 years employed and plan to retire here

Sales (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsReward hard work and loyalty with excellent compensation.
    Management is expeienced and has mature leadership skills.
    Great sales people who have been with the company a long time.
    Company size allows for access to many resources.
    Company size also allows for transferability to other offices around the country.
    Job security for performers.

ConsSometimes a little slow out the gate with new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen things up for the reps. Especially allow the hunters to be creative and have access to many
    different sales channels in addition to protected territories.

I think the office you work out of will either help you like the job, or HATE it.

Account Executive/Media Consultant (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat sales training. Possibility to make good money. Loved the job when I worked for Yellowbook in NY. Not much room for growth. Promotion based on favoritism, not performance.

ConsIf at Yellowbook in Irvine, CA...RUN!!!! Favoritism. Management picks who they want to succeed or fail and assigns accounts accordingly. Managers would give the best accounts to their friends or the reps who suck up to them. Outdated products, that NO one wants. Even the digital advertising is not the best out there- poor implementation of the product. The back end employees don't care if they're doing their job to make it work well and the sales people suffer with their clients. At least in my office, performance was fear based. You could do great and hit it out of the park one week with no recognition but if you're one sale short the next week, you're going to hear about it. The work is 24/7. You WILL be doing work at home, after hours and they don't pay overtime. Even though you can make decent money, it's really not what you SHOULD be paid to do all that you have to do as a salesperson. This is not a sales job where you just sell; you have to do EVERYTHING for every client yourself or nothing will get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat reps with respect. Stop micromanaging, we're adults. If promotions were merit based there would probably be more respect for management.

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!

hibu Videos

hibu – Why Work for Us?

We employ more than 12,000 people across the UK, US, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Peru, India and the Philippines. Our global operating structure is organised around global business units, local geographies and shared… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hibu reviews and ratings in Irvine, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hibu CEO David Eckert. All reviews posted anonymously by hibu employees.