hibu Reviews

Reset
4.2
hibu CEO David Eckert
David Eckert

Pros
  • Ability to work from home with a virtual office (in 21 reviews)

• The work-life balance was definitely one of the few perks (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • HORRIBLE CLIENT SUPPORT- customer service is a nightmare (in 32 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed (in 27 reviews)

Perfect Timing in Pittsburgh

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your reading this you probably just want a straight forward answer to 'what its like to work there?" Well here it is from a rep that has just under 2 years in with the Pittsburgh office. This has been an excellent career move for me, both financially and opportunity wise. I see no "glass ceiling" here. Hibu has done a great job at reinventing itself and has given us a product mix that the competition cant keep up with and our customers want to buy. Local management has done a great job at making sure we are ahead of the curve on training and implementation of new offerings, and we are often one of the highest preforming offices in the country. New opportunities are coming up all the time. I work hard, care about my clients, and hit my objectives. In return I am paid well, gratified, and able to determine my own path. If your a talented sales professional, selfmotivated, able to meet deadlines, and willing to work hard, hibu would be a great place for you to call home.

Cons

Nothings perfect and I dont think we pretend to be. Some systems are difficult for new users but are advancing quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep going the future is exciting for all of us. Keep investing in your sales force and systems.

Yellowbook/Hibu

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Co-Workers were the best! Flexibility with schedule.

Cons

Radical change in upper management had a trickle down effect.

Overall enjoyable but high sales pressure

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Decent product, good company name, good salary ($38,000+$9,000 expense = $47,000), freedom of schedule, Salesforce

Cons

High pressure on sales, some clients had bad experience with previous company, company needs to fix some products/delivery to satisfy clients

Advice to Management

Fix the problems with websites and products so sales reps can have more time selling rather than fixing issues that shouldn't be a problem

Fading business model

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues were professional and hard-working

Cons

Company failed to replace dying print advertising business with a sustainable diversity of other business.

Advice to Management

Have the courage to challenge those above you.

6. Constant scrambling and inappropriate Management ...both upper and lower.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

I believe it used to be a great place to work back in the day when yellowpages were respected and needed. Yellowbook had a great training program, IST, and reps. left energized and ready to make money. They used to offer a great base salary, $35,000 plus loads of commission and perks. Management worked side by side reps. and helped them all day long. The product line was simple but demanded. It was like stealing candy from a baby since our local competition was way over priced and hated. Local management was great and so supportive. They were trained properly and relayed that to the reps.

Cons

Yellowbook is scrambling to make its place in the new digital world. They offer bad simple websites and have virtually zero back end support from IT. They are adding so many products which, under a great company leadership, would be a good thing. However, they are adding things that are not up to par and the people making these decisions, have no clue on how to sell them and therefore, have no idea what they are doing. The company morale is at an all time low and all of management ignores it. Reps. are so pressured and threatened and as a result,only do what is needed to keep off of radar. This is what happens when a company changes it's strategy and atmosphere to one of fear of job loss. The current local base pay is a low $21,000/year. Almost half of what it was.

Advice to Management

Strap a bag, laptop,on and go out and sell with a full assignment in the new digital Yellowbook. That way maybe you will understand the hell you put reps. through. Do it for more that a pre-planned ride day though. Why don't you start listening to reps. like Yellowbook used to do. That way you hear what is really going on instead of listening to only what your upper management tells you. They are so far out of the loop, it is sad. Try giving up your high base and regular pay and working for the type of paychecks your reps. get.

RSS Feed </> Embed