hibu

Updated January 29, 2015
2.7

hibu CEO David Eckert
David Eckert

Pros
  • Office empty by 5 and had flexibility to work from home as often as I wanted (in 21 reviews)

• The work-life balance was definitely one of the few perks (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems require reps to spend too much time resolving customer service issues (in 32 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Employees were great and Managers showed favoritism

Former Employee - Manufacturing Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Coworkers incentives and company events

Cons

Ineffective management. Managers lying about credentials

Thoroughly check the references of those hired for management

Business Development Representative

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Lots of freedom, Decent compensation, decent customer support, fun industry, good training

Cons

Unrealistic quotas and I was a 2 time President's Club winner. Company is having financial troubles and has cut back on customer support so the sales rep is not only responsible for selling but is now also responsible for customer support in most cases.

Hire more customer support personel. Make quarterly bonuses worth the effort like they used to be

I have hibu to thank for a great 18 year career experience

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money and career advancement if you are willing to work hard. Excellent life work balance. Great mentors if you are serious about learning and growing. It is definitely a job if you are hitting your numbers no one will bother you. You write your own ticket. You work with great people. Some of my closet friends have come from hibu.

Cons

The people who are not doing well are the people who are not working and then complain that it is the company's fault. Unfortunately, these are the people who are most vocal. If you are prone to negativity it can wear on you.

Stay positive. Keep rewarding performance.

Challenging work, great colleagues!

Current Employee - Collector I in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Collector I in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Reasonably flexible with time-off and special situations.

Cons

Shifting standards, not a lot of support when big systemic changes come down the pipe. Too much time spent learning things on the fly. Not enough time given off phone for the amount of things we're expected to check and double check on a daily basis,

There was a layoff where the department was quoted as having too many managers. While this may have been true from a cost perspective, we've suffered from the lack of attention.

Used to be great

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with. My fellow reps and support people were great. The local management team worked hard at trying to make things better. I also liked that you could work from home and make your own schedule

Cons

The constant issues with websites. It's hard to sell one that gets completed without issues. Morale is very low due to layoffs and demotions. It was tough getting the energy each day to do my job.

Fix the support functions. It is very demoralizing on a rep to have customers mad at them for billing issues and website mistakes.

Very poorly organized company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Make your own schedule. Good pay

Cons

Management is unable to help as they do not know all computer systems or field environment. Fulfillment is terrible. 90% of my customers are unhappy with services. The back office is useless. They can not fullfill services purchased and do not care about their customers.

Get.a completely management.team. Make customer service and fulfillment be handled by the back office not.reps. Be more customer and user friendly.

Consistency is key - which is why this company wont survive

Former Employee - Web Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Web Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Good software training
    Resume experience
    Compensation for position was faily good

Cons

Everything you know about your job or the company's policies will change in a new york minute. That is no way to run a company. There should be many more managers or assistant managers to provide enough help as needed. One of the worst things is the disjointed way offices are run. Broken communication is the only communication here.

Implement consistent strategies and consistent methods of operation. I expect that I will see a published obituary for this company shortly.

overall good experience working as an Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at hibu

Pros

I liked the autonomy and having each day different. You get to meet lots of people some are nice and open to hearing what you have to offer others are rude. Lots of rejection but that's sales and you just need to move on to the next door. If you are not motivated and are hurt by rejection this is not a job for you. You can make good money if you are a good at connecting with people and follow up.

Cons

You are constantly compared to others in your office. So if your co-workers are not doing as well then it makes you look good. Lots of turnover in this job as many people just want to get paid to sit at a desk and wait for the phone to ring. If you are not selling and closing new business on a regular basis then they will show you the door.

Some of the management was inspiring and others were not. Spend more time assisting new hires to get prepared and encourage more communal goals where everyone wins.

Hardest Sales Job in America

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Friendly employees, happy hours

Cons

Unrealistic goals. No support for new products. Poor training. Stressful job! Managers are constantly on your back. Meetings are funny because everything they want from you is a joke. Your clients hate you because the products suck. Unless you want to go on medicine, stay away. They lure you with high commissions and you will work your life away to get them.

Trade places with the reps and you wouldnt last a week.

Used to be great, not anymore.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Flexibility, plenty of training, work from home.

Cons

Comp plans constantly changing to the company's benefit so sales reps make less money, nearly impossible sales goals, most everything is done in the Phillippines so communication is difficult and product produced for our customers is sub-par.

Take care of your reps and they will take care of you. If you lose all of your sales reps due to these ridiculously high sales goals, there will be no quality reps left.