hibu

Updated January 27, 2015
2.7

hibu CEO David Eckert
David Eckert

Pros
  • Office empty by 5 and had flexibility to work from home as often as I wanted (in 21 reviews)

• The work-life balance was definitely one of the few perks (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Production problems require reps to spend too much time resolving customer service issues (in 32 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Employees were great and Managers showed favoritism

Former Employee - Manufacturing Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Coworkers incentives and company events

Cons

Ineffective management. Managers lying about credentials

Thoroughly check the references of those hired for management

I have hibu to thank for a great 18 year career experience

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money and career advancement if you are willing to work hard. Excellent life work balance. Great mentors if you are serious about learning and growing. It is definitely a job if you are hitting your numbers no one will bother you. You write your own ticket. You work with great people. Some of my closet friends have come from hibu.

Cons

The people who are not doing well are the people who are not working and then complain that it is the company's fault. Unfortunately, these are the people who are most vocal. If you are prone to negativity it can wear on you.

Stay positive. Keep rewarding performance.

Business Development Representative

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Lots of freedom, Decent compensation, decent customer support, fun industry, good training

Cons

Unrealistic quotas and I was a 2 time President's Club winner. Company is having financial troubles and has cut back on customer support so the sales rep is not only responsible for selling but is now also responsible for customer support in most cases.

Hire more customer support personel. Make quarterly bonuses worth the effort like they used to be

Challenging work, great colleagues!

Current Employee - Collector I in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Collector I in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Reasonably flexible with time-off and special situations.

Cons

Shifting standards, not a lot of support when big systemic changes come down the pipe. Too much time spent learning things on the fly. Not enough time given off phone for the amount of things we're expected to check and double check on a daily basis,

There was a layoff where the department was quoted as having too many managers. While this may have been true from a cost perspective, we've suffered from the lack of attention.

Consistency is key - which is why this company wont survive

Former Employee - Web Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Web Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Good software training
    Resume experience
    Compensation for position was faily good

Cons

Everything you know about your job or the company's policies will change in a new york minute. That is no way to run a company. There should be many more managers or assistant managers to provide enough help as needed. One of the worst things is the disjointed way offices are run. Broken communication is the only communication here.

Implement consistent strategies and consistent methods of operation. I expect that I will see a published obituary for this company shortly.

Very poorly organized company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Make your own schedule. Good pay

Cons

Management is unable to help as they do not know all computer systems or field environment. Fulfillment is terrible. 90% of my customers are unhappy with services. The back office is useless. They can not fullfill services purchased and do not care about their customers.

Get.a completely management.team. Make customer service and fulfillment be handled by the back office not.reps. Be more customer and user friendly.

overall good experience working as an Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at hibu

Pros

I liked the autonomy and having each day different. You get to meet lots of people some are nice and open to hearing what you have to offer others are rude. Lots of rejection but that's sales and you just need to move on to the next door. If you are not motivated and are hurt by rejection this is not a job for you. You can make good money if you are a good at connecting with people and follow up.

Cons

You are constantly compared to others in your office. So if your co-workers are not doing as well then it makes you look good. Lots of turnover in this job as many people just want to get paid to sit at a desk and wait for the phone to ring. If you are not selling and closing new business on a regular basis then they will show you the door.

Some of the management was inspiring and others were not. Spend more time assisting new hires to get prepared and encourage more communal goals where everyone wins.

Account Manager

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Freedom to pursue your own business, Good Pay

Cons

Moving up in the company can be difficult given their current state. This however could change

I enjoyed my time with hibu very much!

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You were given the freedom to create your own schedule and work virtually from your home with Little to no micromanaging.

Cons

The only obstacle that continued to present itself was the lack of owning quarterly objectives for new products. Quota would be met by a rep however if the product was a fail and discontinued the rep wasn't able to count those sales toward the quarter.

Great Team, too many company/job changes

Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with was great! I loved the people I worked with and my Team Leader was a great manager.

Cons

The time I was there, the company went through multiple changes and my job changed dramatically. I went from having a set list of clients, and would only work on their websites; to a more customer service position, where I was just taking phone calls all day, and only having a little bit of time to make changes to a website that would take longer than a couple minutes. Many other things changed throughout my position and the company itself that I did not like.