hibu Reviews

Reset
2.6
hibu CEO David Eckert
David Eckert

Pros
  • Ability to work from home with a virtual office (in 21 reviews)

• The work-life balance was definitely one of the few perks (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • HORRIBLE CLIENT SUPPORT- customer service is a nightmare (in 32 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed (in 27 reviews)

1. Great Opportunity Here!

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with a great team and great people. Now is the time to be here! We have turned the corner and now growing our digital revenues, while our competitors or losing digital revenue. Now a strong, healthy company!

Cons

No real cons. Just have to care and be willing to put in the effort. Once you do...rewarding! Good team support!

Great people to work with

Former Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I worked with a great team. My manager was always receptive and open.

Cons

Many layoffs while I was there. I left before I would have been cut.

Advice to Management

Try to turn the company around. You lost a ton of great people

Cold calling is not for everyone

Current Employee - Telephone Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Telephone Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

Relaxed environment if you are meeting goals. Lots of holidays. Solid base pay with a good bonus and commission structure. Lots of incentive time. Management is supportive.

Cons

Cold calling. Was hired to sell websites, so that is what training focused on. If a customer wants one of our print products, we are hardly trained at all in those products, which leads to all sorts of confusion.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Lots of people are successful here, though unfortunately not everyone.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Working from home-great training-competitive salary

Cons

Huge turnover due to continued pay and benefit cuts. Also mgt. is managing in panic mode and sales people work under constant threats of discipline or pay decrease. Bonus objectives are not attainable for over 90% of the company

Advice to Management

Take care of the few seasoned sales people you have left. Stop the management by fear method.. Simplify the CRS system so it is not as time consuming . .Update leads system.

Yellowbook Review

Pros

There was an overall good company culture and work place environment. They did a good job developing relationships with their employees.

Cons

They were big on micro management and not allowing us the freedom we deserved. The overall training by the company was pretty poor as well.

Advice to Management

I think this would be a much more efficient and overall better company with a better emphasis on training and the freedoms to manage as we were hired for.

Good Job to Learn Skills

Pros

Learn a lot Pay is OK Training on the job if you do not have much experience Benefits were decent when I was there

Cons

Always a threat of layoffs when I was there Bad Culture

Staying Afloat

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

The people, Work Life Balance

Cons

Unstable working environment; layoffs large and small having been occurring yearly, or more, for the last 4-5 years. Benefits get worse every year, the medical coverage stinks. Open office working environment; this may be fun for some but it's extremely difficult to concentrate or hear yourself think in the middle of a pit of people. The guise of collaboration is just a cover for the fact it's cheaper and allows you to shove more people into one space than traditional cubes. Inefficient Systems; the business has historically made countless poor system choices, resulting in the implementation of new ones every couple of years requiring re-training, migrations and some chaos. There seems to be no understanding (or perhaps consideration) of the big picture of who and how systems get used throughout the business - from sales to operational fulfillment, to customer support, etc. Unfortunately the result is everyones jobs become more difficult and our ability to provide great service to our customers is compromised. Frequently brings back failed projects only to have them fail all over again whenever management changes, instead of learning and tacking problems creatively.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your employees, put some extra focus on system improvement (ops could use a workflow system!). Learn from past mistakes.

Employer

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Opportunity for growth with company. Opportunity to set own salary.

Cons

Consistent change with employees. High turnover among employees. Company may not pay what is expected

10. Good Times and Bad Times

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Mount Vernon, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Mount Vernon, WA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay when economy was strong. As long as I made my quotas, they left me alone without micromanagement. Freedom to plan my day as I saw fit. My immediate supervisors and managers were great!

Cons

Industry in decline. When sales got thin, micromanagement set in. Company rolled out a new product extremely often just to see if something new would sell, realizing that the yellow pages sector was doomed.

Advice to Management

Choose a strategy and stay with it. Back your message up in the communities you want to sell in with area marketing and branding. During the 7 years I worked for yellowbook, there was zero local marketing to support sales.

Great place to start

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at hibu (More than a year)

Pros

-Top of the line digital products -Great place to get started and educated in digital advertising space -2 full weeks of intense digital advertising training

Cons

-Total revolving door -Reps can only make money selling sem and seo to local businesses, but management has turned everything to sell websites which makes zero money for the reps. -Quota to selling websites is 2 per week and impossible for any human to achieve.

Advice to Management

-Take care of your reps by allowing them to sell what makes them money. Give better service to clients by having less accounts per account manager.

RSS Feed </> Embed