hibu Reviews

Reset
2.6
hibu CEO David Eckert
David Eckert

Pros
  • Ability to work from home with a virtual office (in 21 reviews)

• The work-life balance was definitely one of the few perks (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • HORRIBLE CLIENT SUPPORT- customer service is a nightmare (in 32 reviews)

• Managers under pressure to make sure new products succeed (in 27 reviews)

The last place I will ever work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Yellow Book is a career "Rocket Ship". I have seen over 300 promotions over the last 2 years. They treat employees with respect and are open with them. I love the way the company focuses on its customers. The CEO is a focused leader with a strong history of winning. The benefits are top notch and there is plenty of individual growth.

Cons

Growth creates issues constriction of flexibility. There is a downside to being part of an international company. The parent company is in the UK and the stock is traded on the London Stock Exchange. I feel the the business in the US has more growth in its future than the UK investors see.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees better than the competion does.

With the right work ethic THIS could be your last job

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Disclose in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Disclose in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Hard work is rewarded with excellent pay. I have been an employee for better than 10 years and probably have the most well rounded view of all the reviews on here. I can assure you that productive Reps enjoy fantastic pay, a flexible work schedule, and many advancement opportunities. As I read some of the other reviews it is I obvious that most of the negative omments were made by employees who weren't successful. Rest assured, a good work ethic will insure success!

Cons

As with EVERY job there are things that cause frustration. Yes, there are office politics and yes there is some favoritism... Show me am office where this doesn't exist! The fact is that my job has Afforded me a very comfortable lifestyle where I have the freedom to raise a family be be an involved parent.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of recognizing that all sales are not created equal. I'm sure the investors would rather see 30 sales for $180,000 than 60 sales for $60,000

3. Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

atmosphere, management is very flexible and understanding. Opportunites to advance are within your own potential. Very caring understanding place to work.

Cons

unstable on employement. With the economy in a down turn the stability of your job is questionable, however HR will try to find a place for you in another department.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a wonderful job, they are motivating, encouraging, and caring to employees at Yellowbook. Keep up the good work.

5. A great place to work, decent money

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at hibu

Pros

It really is a great place to work, just like any other advertising job there is stress to get new business. Good time off, 401k, paid training period.

Cons

A lot of new products coming out with little time to get to know them.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing, Yellowbook will be a industry leader if you do.

6. Amazing

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Culture is great and the management staff works well together

Cons

Large company, so if you don't like a large company this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It's a great place to work.

7. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Company Morale is great, there are many opportunities for bonuses and extra time off.

Cons

Sometimes Sales is a bit misleading to customers. Then we at corporate had to deal with that.

8. I love working at yellowbook. Great opportunties and you are paid what you are worth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at hibu

Pros

yellowbook is a very forward looking company and has been receptive to the transitions in the market. They have also been very responsive to employee needs. On eof the only companies to raise salary and lower objectives to ensure sales people can achieve desired income. A v ery supportive company. Like any successful company they have objectives and standards. People that put forth the effort will be very successful. Those that don't have the drive and desire to be successful won't!

Cons

The sales climate has become a little more challenging with economic issues and industry transitions as is with most companies. Obviously it takes a little more effort and skills to maintain your level of success.

Advice to Management

Keep driving towards the future. you have a lot of support from the vast majority of the employees

9. A great place to work, and grow your career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Yellowbook offers uncapped earning potential, and you can advance your career very quickly. What you put IN to your career is what you get out of it - You can be as successful as you want! The diverse product offerings have opened many new doors, and have made YB a leader in the multi-media industry.

Cons

What you put IN to your career is what you get out of it - If you do not have a good work ethic, and priortize your time, you will have a difficult time truly succeeding.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example, and care about your people. This is what built this great company, and will continue to successfully take us in to the future.

10. Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Regional Market Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Regional Market Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at hibu

Pros

opportunity to move up, what you put into it is what you get out of it, you are in charge of your earnings

Cons

it's a big corporation which has a lot of pros, however like in any big company you do not necesarily have control of each department, such as credit.

Advice to Management

we need more leaders!

11. An amazing place of opportunity - Yellowbook has commitment to growth in products and employee advancement.

Current Employee - Trainer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

The atmosphere is incredible. We are constantly improving and adding to our product portfolio, the benefits and income potential are outstanding, and each employee's career is fostered.

Cons

Sometimes with all of the new products and "changing times" we need to do a little research and work outside of our normal hours... but it's fun to do this as well.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great communication with your employees. Continue to push for us to be a leader in the marketplace, and thank you for letting me a part of this wonderful organization!

RSS Feed </> Embed