hibu Reviews

700 reviews filtered by

Business Development

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training and ability to work from home.

Cons

There are unrealistic sales expectations, massive micromanagement that gets in the way of selling, and constant work and emails being sent by company strongly encouraging us to work 24/7. Lack of quality control on many levels.All of these things and more have caused more than half of their sales people. Avoid this company like the plague. There is a reason why a majority of people quit and customers cancel.

Do not bombard sales people with ongoing long meetings, never ending emails and micromanaging that takes us off the sales floor. Get rid of your many layers of management and provide your sales people with assistants they need to produce revenue.

I enjoyed my time with hibu very much!

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You were given the freedom to create your own schedule and work virtually from your home with Little to no micromanaging.

Cons

The only obstacle that continued to present itself was the lack of owning quarterly objectives for new products. Quota would be met by a rep however if the product was a fail and discontinued the rep wasn't able to count those sales toward the quarter.

Can this company survive?

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, computer, Ipad, partnership with Google, great benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations to sell websites. The websites are one size fits. No one cares about the end user anymore, feels like a number and not a person. Half of the company has suffered lay offs. Even the sales force has been cut more than half. Customer service has been moved over seas. I have had the most customer complaints in the last year than I have ever had at any job. Billing is confusing to the customer and the sales rep. I had a customer tell me that "the IRS is easier to work with." Some customers were double billed. Too many products the last few years and pushed what was best for the company and not for the customer. Although, now they are focusing on 4 core products. Comp plans change at least twice a year. No clear communication about objectives. Change bonus plans so they don't have to pay them. Multiple Reporting systems that do not communicate with each other. Reporting systems cannot define exact sales numbers. Order processing and fixing issues is very difficult.

Go back to when it was a great company to work for. Go back to focusing on your employes. One reporting system. Easier and transparent billing. Realistic goals. Better products not one size fits all.

Account Manager

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Freedom to pursue your own business, Good Pay

Cons

Moving up in the company can be difficult given their current state. This however could change

Don't consider this place for employment. If you take yourself seriously, keep looking.

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu

Pros

Benefits were great before they changed recently to save money.

Cons

There is no communication or organization between sales and production. Lie, cheat, and steal from the customers and sales reps. Claim to be in reorganization but feels like they are getting ready to sell. Harass you about numbers. Goals are extremely difficult to hit when you spend so much time cleaning up sales messes from weeks before. Worst place I have ever worked.

Put people in charge that can make the changes. Promoting from within is awesome but not when you promote your best friend who doesn't know anything.

Sales Representative

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

I took the position because I was told I would be selling a new product and working for Hibu. Sounded like a great opportunity with income potential. Went to training and found out I was selling the Yellowbook!! That product hasn't been used since 1990.

Cons

Management sucked and there was no leadership. O and I got harassed by the DSM - I'm still deciding whether or not I should press charges

Train your managers before you try to train your reps

Good old boy network!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu

Pros

Great paying job! And benefits!

Cons

Poor sales office management! Lazy as hell!

Get out of the office and learn to sell you lazy Regional anagers!

Too much change.....everyone just trying to survive, very sad.

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Five years ago I would have had hundreds of pros to say....not anymore. change of leadership changed
    Everything....don't care about people, products or customers

Cons

Bad products, bad senior management, unrealistic goals. Cutting the meat off...to the bone to survive will still result in death.

Get back to the most important things...customers,product and their employes.

Great Team, too many company/job changes

Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Website Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with was great! I loved the people I worked with and my Team Leader was a great manager.

Cons

The time I was there, the company went through multiple changes and my job changed dramatically. I went from having a set list of clients, and would only work on their websites; to a more customer service position, where I was just taking phone calls all day, and only having a little bit of time to make changes to a website that would take longer than a couple minutes. Many other things changed throughout my position and the company itself that I did not like.

Outside Sales Rep Review

I worked at hibu

Pros

Base salary, Commission, Benefits, Bonus Opportunities. Hours are flexible.

Cons

Sales organization disguised as a digital marketing company. Over priced and sub par products make for a less than pleasant sales-rep/customer relationship after the sale. The website developers don't take pride in the work.