hibu Reviews

Reset

A Great Place to Start

Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and relatively casual work environment. Managers will go out of their way to make sure you have the tools and knowledge to perform your job adequately. Provides perfect opportunity to get foot in the door with online marketing industry.

Cons

Job can be very demanding with the amount of incoming accounts. There is a lot of disconnect between information provided to clients between sales and the search department. Overall work processes could be improved.

Advice to Management

Please continue and look for further ways to remain transparent regarding the financial state of the company and overall job security.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Website Consultation Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Website Consultation Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at hibu (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere makes Hibu a sincerely great place to work. Best experience i've had in my field thus far.

Cons

Sales team likes to over sell the product and doesn't really know what we are capable of doing for the customers.

Advice to Management

You're doing great, anything you can do to make people feel more secure is appreciated.

Sales

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a place to work. competitive compensation for what is available in the local area. college degree is not required.

Cons

Cultivating a hostile sales floor that rewards those putting sales on the board, many times at the cost of long term business relations with the clients.

Advice to Management

Burning and turning sales will pay off in the short term but the longevity of hibu is going to require maintaining the clients.

Hit and miss

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

A lot of the people are great to work with, and there are aspects that are pretty standard and only to be expected in a large organization.

Cons

We make the same mistakes over and over again.... decision making seems to be centered around a small set of individuals and changing approach for processes and approaches to make improvements is nigh-on impossible unless it fits with their view of how things should be done.

Advice to Management

Say you're going to make process changes and then follow through.... to the end.

Client Services Consultant

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

There are none except for the free Turkey or Ham at Thanksgiving.

Cons

Always changing how you are paid, it is literally a moving target. Poor customer service. Emphasis is on making money not making a better product. No commitment to employee success.

Advice to Management

All management should be fired and they should start over.

I wouldn't

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Flexible hours. Able to work from home. Pay was OK. Coworkers were nice.

Cons

To late getting into the digital age. Much confusion. Can’t decide on an application platform. No clear management direction.

Advice to Management

Get everyone on the same page. Directors must follow policies and procedures that VP’s establish. Get it together !!!

Digital Specialist for New Development

Current Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My boss, Gidgett, is the ONLY reason I am stil there. If she didn't understand what I was going through and HELPING me with all my production issues, I'd been gone SO LONG AGO! Being Top in sales, the more sales I write, the more "issues? The website look like a 3rd grade level skill created them and my customers have increasingly more difficulty reaching a voice to become being heard!

Cons

Poor customer service. Poor ability to communicate both internal and externs is very difficult, if not almost, virtually impossible. No focus on product resuts to end users to whether it works or not, looks good ot not, etc. Horrible billing problems. These are JUST TO NAME A FEW ISSUES! There is "far to many to list!"

Advice to Management

Put yourself in our shoes and try to perform positively under these circumstances. Get out of board meetings and quit "talking" about what we should do and "show us!"

Digital Marketing Consulting

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who really care about you, casual work environment, ok benefits, you always get weekends off to recharge, cafeteria.

Cons

Terrible management, unrealistic expectations, stressful work selling a product that I don't trust or believe in, customer service is awful, management might as well be hired off of the street, pressure to sell a terrible product.

Advice to Management

To upper management: clean house. Start hiring people who care about what they do, or this company is likely to be broke soon. Support your product, don't lie to customers. Stop being greasy with sales tactics.

This company has no idea how to fix it's problems.

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Decent base salary.

Cons

Terrible commission. No back office support. Unrealistic sales goals. Crappy websites and micro-managed big time. No opportunity for advancement. Working here is the equilvant of working on a line at a factory. Same thing every day.

Advice to Management

Trim the "Suits" and add more support positions so your sales people can sell instead of putting out fires. Bring jobs back to US!!!

Overall enjoyable but high sales pressure

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Decent product, good company name, good salary ($38,000+$9,000 expense = $47,000), freedom of schedule, Salesforce

Cons

High pressure on sales, some clients had bad experience with previous company, company needs to fix some products/delivery to satisfy clients

Advice to Management

Fix the problems with websites and products so sales reps can have more time selling rather than fixing issues that shouldn't be a problem

RSS Feed </> Embed