i SAFE Inc

Add Photos

Teri Schroeder

A very odd place

Carlsbad, CA

ProsHas some great ideas. Was very cutting edge at one point, but now just seems to provide a service schools have to have. Great place to learn in the moment.

ConsA nonprofit totally revolving one person, the CEO and founder. A person of determination, but ruthless and has probably fired over 50 people since it's start. Unsure finances

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think they would hear. It is a paranoid place, with management scared to make one wrong move. Very hard people. A clique.

Really Smart People

Regional Education Manager (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsFantastic organization. I left i-SAFE because my wife relocated out of state. I still keep in touch with the team and I am very fond of my time there.

ConsThe territories are very big. While this provides a lot of opportunity it is also a challenge to keep up with the demand.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!! Only the Really Smart People Leave the Last review must be written by the Puppet Master!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsThere are no Pros unless you enjoy being screwed out of your hard earned money!!!!

ConsJust that this place is one BIG CON!!!!! I wouldn't let my dog work here!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHey puppet you couldn't manage a toilet seat even if you were sitting on it!!!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Broken promises, bad management, low pay, company outlook=Dismal.

Regional Education Director (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThe potential to help children exists, but you won't have the tools necessary to accomplish this and you certainly shouldn't expect to be well compensated.

ConsYou may help some children but don't count on making any money in the process. Upper management has no sales experience and lives in a bubble. Corporate culture is downright bizarre. Sales is burdened with reports, research, endless meetings of little or no importance, meager commissions, paltry base salary, etc. Yet, management's expectations are....HUGE (of course)!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people at a level commensurate with your expectations.
    Give employees the tools they need in order to fulfill expectations, then get out of the way.
    Be up front with your employees. The smart ones figure out what's going on quickly and start looking for better opportunities almost immediately.

Owner uses company to draw money from DOJ for personal use for self and famility members

Carlsbad, CA

ProsInternet Safety program is leader in industry and well written thanks to the Curriculum Director and staff. Students benefit from going through program

ConsOwner of i-SAFE has no real interest in Internet Safety, only the funding from the DOJ. Too many family members and close friends working at company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more credit to employees for hard work achieved. Be fair to employees that are not family members. High employee turnover... about 80% due to management stlye

DO NOT WORK for i-SAFE

ProsGreat Internet Safety program and education materials

ConsUpper manangement does not communicate and Directors do not manage their departments... too much nepotism...about a 95% turn over in employees

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to vaule your employees and then communicate with them

Worked for i SAFE Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at i SAFE Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for i SAFE Inc CEO Teri Schroeder. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by i SAFE Inc employees.