i SAFE Inc

1.9

Teri Schroeder

A very odd place

Former Employee - Professional Development Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at i SAFE Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Has some great ideas. Was very cutting edge at one point, but now just seems to provide a service schools have to have. Great place to learn in the moment.

Cons

A nonprofit totally revolving one person, the CEO and founder. A person of determination, but ruthless and has probably fired over 50 people since it's start. Unsure finances

I don't think they would hear. It is a paranoid place, with management scared to make one wrong move. Very hard people. A clique.

Look Somewhere Else!

Former Employee - Education and Training in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Education and Training in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at i SAFE Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ten years ago this company was a bright light of potential. Good compensation and benefits, and a fairly positive work environment among staff. Excellent, ground-breaking educational materials in the field of internet safety and digital literacy.

Cons

CEO is a micro-manager, especially in the areas she does not understand. She frequently yells at employees and displays paranoia. Her small administrative staff bows to her every whim. There is a weird undercurrent of religious fervor - This is a very toxic workplace - avoid at all cost.

Sell out and restructure.

Really Smart People

Former Employee - Regional Education Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Education Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at i SAFE Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic organization. I left i-SAFE because my wife relocated out of state. I still keep in touch with the team and I am very fond of my time there.

Cons

The territories are very big. While this provides a lot of opportunity it is also a challenge to keep up with the demand.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!! Only the Really Smart People Leave the Last review must be written by the Puppet Master!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at i SAFE Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros unless you enjoy being screwed out of your hard earned money!!!!

Cons

Just that this place is one BIG CON!!!!! I wouldn't let my dog work here!!!!!

Hey puppet you couldn't manage a toilet seat even if you were sitting on it!!!!!

Broken promises, bad management, low pay, company outlook=Dismal.

Former Employee - Regional Education Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Education Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at i SAFE Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The potential to help children exists, but you won't have the tools necessary to accomplish this and you certainly shouldn't expect to be well compensated.

Cons

You may help some children but don't count on making any money in the process. Upper management has no sales experience and lives in a bubble. Corporate culture is downright bizarre. Sales is burdened with reports, research, endless meetings of little or no importance, meager commissions, paltry base salary, etc. Yet, management's expectations are....HUGE (of course)!

Pay people at a level commensurate with your expectations.
    Give employees the tools they need in order to fulfill expectations, then get out of the way.
    Be up front with your employees. The smart ones figure out what's going on quickly and start looking for better opportunities almost immediately.

Owner uses company to draw money from DOJ for personal use for self and famility members

I worked at i SAFE Inc

Pros

Internet Safety program is leader in industry and well written thanks to the Curriculum Director and staff. Students benefit from going through program

Cons

Owner of i-SAFE has no real interest in Internet Safety, only the funding from the DOJ. Too many family members and close friends working at company.

Give more credit to employees for hard work achieved. Be fair to employees that are not family members. High employee turnover... about 80% due to management stlye

DO NOT WORK for i-SAFE

I worked at i SAFE Inc

Pros

Great Internet Safety program and education materials

Cons

Upper manangement does not communicate and Directors do not manage their departments... too much nepotism...about a 95% turn over in employees

Learn how to vaule your employees and then communicate with them