i3 Research

Be The First To
Add Photos

Raymond Hill

just starting

Medical Writer (Current Employee)
Lexington, MA

I have been working at i3 Research

Prospeople are really cooperative and willing to share learnings and experience, non-competitive, collegial, especially when work remotely have to work this way

Consat this point in my career have not experienced any cons, perhaps one con is that work remotely and can sometimes have a hard time separately work from personal life but that could happen at any company where work remotely

Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk

I worked at i3 Research

ProsThe people are great to work with.

ConsThe management can't be trusted making morale low.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you are going to do. Keep morale high with your employees.

Struggling through merger activities. Employees are not feeling valued.

Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at i3 Research

ProsGreat and highly skilled employees.

ConsLack of strong leadership and communication from management

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was very satisfied until i3 was bought by inVentv

Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)
Cary, NC

I have been working at i3 Research

ProsAssigned towork with a only one sponsor
Get lots of positive feedback.
Treated as a professional.
Assigned sites are regional

As part of the PSP, I am assigned to a a only one sponsor and 4 sister protocols for the same therapeutic area. The managers on my team have worked hard to keep our assigned sites local or regional. I've had 3 really good managers, all of whom were supportive and gave a lot of positive feedback. We've been treated as professionals and our time is flexible. We are given lots of updates which can be good or bad.

ConsThings are in upheaval since bought by inVentiv.
Lots of turnover at present.
Too many managers.
Not enough worker bees.

Although we are given frequent updates about the merger, it is hard to know what to expect when all of the changes are finalized. It feels like it is taking forever to sort things out.

I'm not sure how much of my dissatisfaction is from the merger and how much is due to the sponsor I am currently assigned to. This particular sponsor has a lot of unwieldy applications and requires an excessive amount of training. There are a lot of tasks that are given higher priority than monitoring sites, which should be of utmost importance. We are overworked because of this and because we can't keep enough monitors to make up a complete team. It is impossible to do the job in a 40-50 hour work week. I was able to deal with this until the merger. The added stress of all of the resulting changes have been too much. I will probably be leaving soon..

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline management and hire more CRAs. Be more judicious when negotiating contracts with sponsors so CRAs are not overworked. Sponsor expectations should be more clear cut and consitent from beginning to end of each protocol. Allowing sponsors to add extra work with immediate deadlines leads to low morale and higher turnover in staff.

Senior management was completely in over their head and about 15 years behind the curve

Austin, TX

I worked at i3 Research

Prosmid-level folks were great and very smart and competent. People tended to get promoted far beyond their capabilities and with no emphasis on their interpersonal skills or actual industry expertise

Conssenior management never ever has your back, the more you do and the harder you work, the more will be expected of you. It is never enough and you never feel secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a reason they've slowly been made redundant and irrelevant.

Leadership and management skills were poor and inconsistent throughout the company.

Clinical Project Assistant II (Current Employee)
Cary, NC

I have been working at i3 Research

ProsProvided good health benefits through United Healthcare.

ConsPoor management and leadership skills, inconsistent promotions and bonuses.

Advice to Senior Managementi3research would have been a great company to work if they had not allowed many highly skilled and competent employees over a period of time to leave because of continued dissatisfaction and frustration due to decisions not to act on their issues and concerns. If the company had been willing to correct or replace bad upper management employees with managers who possessed good management and people skills, it could have been an enjoyable place to work.

The worst CRO in the business

Sales (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at i3 Research

ProsGreat healthcare benefit. Their owned by United Healthcare.

ConsPoor management across the board has led the company to the point they are now for sale.

A Fine Line

Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at i3 Research

ProsThe payscales are fair and mid-management is very supportive of their direct reports. Flexibility is givem freely as long as it is earned.

ConsWork present load is high and the cuts in staff have been significant. Employees are looking from direction from the top but have been in the dark.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees - they need to know what is going on in the corporation and how the changes are planned.

Good company to work for

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at i3 Research

ProsFlexibility, challenging work, opportunities for growth, opportunity to work from home

ConsHeavy workload requires working 50 plus hours per week

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so the workload can be better distributed

good

I have been working at i3 Research

Prosbenefits good pay office location

Consworkload workload workload workload workload workload

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for i3 Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at i3 Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for i3 Research CEO Raymond Hill. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by i3 Research employees.