i3logix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Kevin Vollmer

A place you want to work for again

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSome of the greatest minds in the Colorado web software development community hang their hat at this organization. I have seldom had the privilege to work with better people under better leadership. The interplay between co-workers sometimes borders on being a harassment lawsuit waiting to happen, but in many respects that's part of the team's charm, and one of the reasons I loved coming to work every day. I'd say my former associates were almost a bit like family, although some of them I kind of hope never show up at reunions. A lot will be demanded of you by the best of the company, and if you so desire to work for it, you better be ready to be proven wrong, and act like an adult when your ideas are on the line.

ConsSometimes the teams can be a bit immature and grossly unprofessional (as stated in pros, this is also part of the charm). The benefits here, however, are just terrible. There is somewhat of a looming fear of the sustainability of the business with frequent hiring freezes and a general lack of consideration to the quality of work spaces (e.g. they don't supply chairs, and many desks are broken).

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, there is a massive amount of terrible leadership and horrid ethical accountability that exists in western society today. If you change nothing in the way you lead and do your jobs, you will have a great company that a supplicant such as myself would be honored to work for or recommend to colleagues in the future.

Occasionally you shed dead weight from your roster, and occasionally you let it linger for a few years while it contributes nothing to your bottom line, team efficacy, or morale. Don't be afraid to fire these non-contributors, as there are hundreds of more worthy in Denver that would gladly take their place and do a much better job.

You are very good at what you do well, and you should be very proud of that fact.

Good work environment but that is about it

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNice knowledgeable people to work with. Flexible hours. Nice newly built building. Open work environment. If you like to play with nerf guns there is usually a nerf gun fight or two. Personally I just found it to be a distraction.

ConsLower than average pay and benefits.

Health Insurance not great
    Dental was ok
    Life Insurance was ok

Large portion was not covered by employer

Was not available till 6 month in.

No 401k or stock unless you are one of the few old timers still working there that has been grandfathered in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better in salary and benefits and I believe your employee retention will go up. Stop focusing on customer specific product features. Look at overall features and develop product that satisfy the needs of the industry and not just one client. Develop a product that make many clients happy instead of one.

Do your homework about the benefits before you sign up

Prosi3logix is a very diversified business
    Work environment is pleasant, including convenient Northfield location

ConsBenefits and vacation are well below the industry average
    High attrition rate

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on investing in your people and keep the communications line open

Worked for i3logix? Contribute to the Community!