iAcquire Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
3.2

Joe Griffin / Jay Swansson

I love my job

I have been working at iAcquire full-time

Pros

This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven and fun environment. There is ample opportunity to learn the ins and outs of content marketing and SEO, and hard work is rewarded. They're looking for stars, so if you're looking to coast, this isn't the company for you. I love it here -- great people, and my boss is super easy to work with and very reasonable in regard to work-life balance issues.

Cons

Things change fast here. Industry best practices change rapidly and therefore, so do processes and priorities at this job. if you like that pace, great -- but if you don't like change, then again, this is not the place for you.

Managers and co-CEOs: keep lines of communication open

Great people here

I have been working at iAcquire

Pros

The best thing about the company is the people. The incredible coworkers I have had the opportunity to work with has made my job. I have created many friendships and enjoy interacting with my coworkers each day. The Dev team is also extremely passionate and talented in what they do.

Cons

The industry is ever changing, so you have to be willing to constantly adapt-- which can be very exciting, but also frustrating if you like things to remain the same. It's also a job that is done at a desk/behind a computer, so you have to be intentional about interacting with those around you.

Continue to stress the exciting opportunities on the horizon while focusing on how to make the current process work well!

Starts off great, ends poorly.

Former Employee - Content Advocate Or IS IT Outreach Or Maybe A PRC?  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Content Advocate Or IS IT Outreach Or Maybe A PRC? in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at iAcquire full-time

Pros

It's the startup life: relaxed attire, occasional happy hours, music playing throughout the office, snacks (sometimes), ping pong, mostly cool/talented individuals.

Cons

It's the startup life: HIGH turnover (both layoffs and resignations), almost zero transparency from upper management on down, almost zero room to move up, process changes literally on a weekly or biweekly basis.

How on earth do you expect the company to continue success with the turnover rate you have? Empower your employees and give back what you expect them to put in. Maybe just a tad of transparency would keep everyone from fearing for their jobs. It's clear who the favorites are, which probably isn't a good thing for overall company morale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good and bad

I worked at iAcquire full-time

Pros

Talented people, positive, relaxed office culture. Plenty of work, but good balance. Managers invested in your progress.

Cons

No transparency. Like any other start up, moves quickly and you either make the cut or youre out

A Facade of Hope and Promise

I worked at iAcquire full-time

Pros

There was a bevy of talented people. From creative writers and editors to tenacious Account Managers and Content Advocates. Very laid back atmosphere with relaxed dress and a break room complete with a ping pong table. If you worked hard and were assertive you were rewarded.

Upper Management has a strong understanding of SEO and Digital Marketing and tries to react to any foreseeable changes within the industry. great experience for those interested in a career in digital marketing

Ping Pong

Cons

-Very disorganized to the point where you come in each day wondering what you are going to do each day or if the work you were doing the previous day even mattered.
    -Questionable hiring tactics which in turn undermined certain positions and ultimately led to a slow dissolution of culture.
    -Overall morale was low and it was contagious as eventually everyone was in a somber mood.
    -Poor Inter departmental communication
    -Turnover Rate- over the span of a year about 20-30% of people still remained there
    -People come and go so quickly that a company culture is never truly established

Hire an actual HR person

Great place to learn about SEO and startups

I worked at iAcquire full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can learn a lot about SEO here. You can learn about how startups fail. You can learn about people management and what works well, what doesn't work well. You'll probably meet some cool people. You can play ping-pong as many times a day as you want, as long as you hit your numbers.

Cons

The senior management is constantly changing production workflow, employees' job titles and procedures. They give very little training when new versions of the software roll out, and they don't seek users' input on platform development. The CEOs value hold little regard for individual growth, job satisfaction, professional conduct. This company is very good at creating a front-facing image that looks great on paper, but behind the scenes they fail to meet deadlines and are always scrambling to keep their clients. The morale was always low, and as a mid-level manager, I was caught between the senior managers who wanted me to target people to fire - and my team, who wanted to be recognized and fairly paid for their hard work. It was a horrible place to work, but a great place to learn and grow as a human being.

I don't think management would be open to any advice, but if they were, I would tell them that the best place to start creating a successful business is to start at the bottom with the people who work there. Happy employees produce more work, produce higher quality work, become ambassadors for your brand, see your successes as their successes.

Great employee atmosphere - very boring, repetitive, mundane position

Former Employee - Content Advocate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Content Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at iAcquire full-time for less than a year

Pros

The higher ups were big on creating a "teamy" atmosphere which was encouraging. Keeping employees educated on the current SEO tactics and resources available. Monthly awards - incredibly fun, and entertaining spectacle. Ping pong table and the chance to win cool prizes on your birthday. People, at all levels, were very helpful and open to all questions and ideas. This is a great position for someone fresh out of college.

Cons

Staying awake! Emailing and reaching out to strangers on the web became extremely boring and felt very scammy/spammy. There is no room for growth, at all! Very high turnover and random firings - no job security. Don't get pregnant while working at iAcquire or you can kiss your job goodbye.

Keep sharing and encouraging information about where the company is headed. Make Jiro a partner - that guy was the machine and money maker when I was there. Maybe change jobs/tasks up between groups regularly to stop people getting bored.

I've seen worse, I've seen better...

Current Employee - Content Advocate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Content Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at iAcquire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Salaries weren't great and there was no room to growth. High turnover.

Trust your employees, challenge them, listen to them and their ideas, it might be worth it.

Concept Was Promising, But It Fell Short

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at iAcquire full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEOs were great and the company culture is great as well - ping pong, potlucks, things like that. Good place to get some work experience in.

Cons

The pay was okay for an entry level gig, but the commission structure was laughable.
    I always felt like my opinion didn't matter to upper management, and felt like I was in an abusive relationship - treated well enough to stay but demeaned overall.
    Things constantly changed, and that's okay if there was ever a concrete plan in mind - there never was. So it just felt like a disorganized mess every time something changed. And it wouldn't just be a simple procedure and salary, but as soon as someone hit the top tier for bonus, they'd up it by an amount that hasn't been achieved before, and as I mentioned before, the commission wasn't that great anyway.

Take your employees seriously and see their concerns as valid concerns - if you treat your employees as disposable, you're going to lose out on tons of people that would have otherwise been loyal employees.

Great people and excellent environment for professional growth

Current Employee - Director  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at iAcquire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- true startup environment, speak and ye shall be heard
    - excellent exposure to digital marketing and cutting edge strategy
    - young, hip, relaxed and casual atmosphere
    - self starters and motivated workers will thrive here
    - great client brands to work for

Cons

- processes can be more clear and defined
    - corporate messaging and communication can be improved

Improve workflow process and clearly document / define operations and corporate structure.

Worked for iAcquire? Contribute to the Community!