iCIMS Reviews

Reset
4.0
iCIMS CEO & Founder Colin Day
Colin Day

Pros
  • Growing company - lots of room for advancement and recognition for hard-working employees (in 7 reviews)

• Great people - a lot of smart and talented people work here (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As the company is growing so rapidly sometimes the goals feel very challenging to meet (in 7 reviews)

• A few growing pains -to be expected (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Company-Great People

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at iCIMS for over 4 years now, and it is great to see how much the company has grown, but also how they have managed to keep the culture the same as it was when we were much smaller. The executives are still accessible and as invested in the month to month success as everyone else.

Cons

They do hold everyone to aggressive monthly metrics as other comments have stated below, but that is what makes crushing those goals worth celebrating. The monthly cadence is definitely not for people who are not self driven to achieve results, but for those who are it is well worth the monthly sprints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't lose sight of what made this such a great place to work!

Sales

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership vision by all the executives that gets all the employees to truly buy in and work hard for the same goal. Great Directors leading the departments Bagel Fridays and flexible hours (depending on department and manager)

Cons

Sometimes they are quick to fire someone under performing and then sometimes they are too slow to fire someone who needs to go. There should be a better review process and team to carry out these decisions and not left up to the individual managers.

Advice to Management

Stronger Compensation to closer align with NYC salaries. I understand most of us do not live in NYC, but we could commute there and make more money if need be.

3. Summer Intern

Pros

Great work environment, friendly co-workers, hired a large summer intern class

Cons

No cons working here as an intern

MANAGEMENT MANTRA: "IT'S ALWAYS RIGHT, UNTIL ITS WRONG, THEN ITS YOUR FAULT REGARDLESS OF WHAT I SAID BEFORE"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Allow you to grow as an individual, and nurture your career(in theory).

Cons

I have yet to see a manager "back you up" when an escalation or "something out of the norm" occurs with a vendor or client's needs. New management need to empathize with the technical side of the integration more than they do. Results aren't produced when one doesn't consider every piece of the integration.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your teams and start understanding and empathizing with the team members that are fortifying your bonuses. If you don't know how something works, try learning it....regardless if you ever have to utilize it as a manager....it'll make you a better manager in the long run.

Tremendous Organization and Leader in the SaaS Space

Current Employee - Sales in Matawan, NJ

Pros

Great comp, benefits, and plenty of opportunity to grow

Cons

Too much middle management which can make things burdensome

#ILoveiCIMS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradley Beach, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradley Beach, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. Amazing culture.

Cons

There is always something new coming in. Always busy busy!

Great people, ok management

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

great people to work with and the office environment is laid back

Cons

too many people working out of college and not familiar with real world. growing very fast and management cannot keep up.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing the employees and adding unnecessary performance goals

Great place to work outside of NY

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

-Excellent Co-Workers -Positive Culture -Great Health Benefits

Cons

-Becoming a little bit Top-Heavy -Alot of external management hires rather than promotions -Pay seems inconsistent from job to job vs national averages

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to advance for your internal people. Overall great company and great culture, backing an amazing product. Keep up the good work!

Consultant

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good culture, team and goal driven atmosphere

Cons

unilateral changes not communicated clearly or in timely fashion to employees. employees incentive are well below industry standards despite being told we are compensated to the contrary

Advice to Management

talk with your employees about what their actual needs are. there is a definite difference in what is expected with what the actual job description are.

Unethical

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Younger workforce though this can be extremely cliqueish, casual dress for the most part, health insurance, a few nice team members.

Cons

Playing favorites is everything. I'm female and a male employee was promoted over me in spite of the fact that I was in the role a year longer than him, TRAINED him, and often outperformed him. He was a favorite among a particular C-Level so he was handed the promotion over me even though I had inquired about the promotion I was never given a fair chance at it. Boarderline sexist and left a bad taste in my mouth. Team members are often not supportive of each other as we are constantly ranked against each other, if I go on a vacation I cannot count on my team to cover anything even though it is their job to do so. Team goals are impossible to meet at times so the focus is on individual goals. Pay is WELL BELOW national average Employees forced in to writing positive reviews for the company Cultish, if you don't drink the Koolade you're out One of the most depressing jobs I've ever had, I want to leave and am currently looking for a way out, if I were financially able I would leave right now with no backup plan.

Advice to Management

Promote from within but focus on ALL the data and performance and years of work put into the role, not just who your favorite person is that month.

RSS Feed </> Embed