iCIMS Reviews

91 reviews filtered by
4.2
iCIMS CEO & Founder Colin Day
Colin Day

Pros
  • Fast growing company with large base of clients across all industries (in 7 reviews)

• This is a great organization with great people, for the most part (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As the company is growing so rapidly sometimes the goals feel very challenging to meet (in 7 reviews)

• Growing Pains: We are growing at an incredible pace and, as a result, experience (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Company-Great People

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at iCIMS for over 4 years now, and it is great to see how much the company has grown, but also how they have managed to keep the culture the same as it was when we were much smaller. The executives are still accessible and as invested in the month to month success as everyone else.

Cons

They do hold everyone to aggressive monthly metrics as other comments have stated below, but that is what makes crushing those goals worth celebrating. The monthly cadence is definitely not for people who are not self driven to achieve results, but for those who are it is well worth the monthly sprints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't lose sight of what made this such a great place to work!

2. The best company I've ever stepped foot in

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS

Pros

Really great company culture, positive and well rounded. Training sessions for new hires are great and focused on understanding and building customer satisfaction through employee satisfaction. As an intern, being treated with the same recognition and responsibilities as other employees is really great.

Cons

I do not believe that there are any cons of working here. Everything and every one that I have met thus far have exceeded my expectation.

iCIMS Response

Mar 30, 2015Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your review!

You May Have a Better Work/Life Balance Commuting to NYC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

- Location, if you live in Central NJ
    - Casual Dress code
    - Good place to get experience to get early in your career to take somewhere else.
    - Working here is a craps shoot, find the right manager or have someone at the top fall in love with you and you are golden.
    - If you work really hard and buy into the cult mentality you usually will get rewarded for it. They do offer good incentives to compensate their best performers.
    - This can be a great place to work if you have the right manager/director and are willing to work really hard to get ahead.

Cons

- If you work in any non sales or marketing role here there are near zero growth opportunities. You are there to support the sales and marketing teams so don't expect to grow with the company. You are there to take orders, so leave your ethics at the door.
    - There is very little accountability of the C team and upper management. Inexperienced managers aren't developed and often manage their teams into the ground. That's 100% fine with ICIMS as long as they keep growing at all costs and protect incapable managers.
    - The company is near all out chaos on any given day, and employees are coached by marketing to post positive reviews on Glassdoor. If you ask an employee once, they will say they love ICIMS...ask them twice and you will find most people are looking to leave within the next 6-12 months.
    - The definition of culture fit here is "young, driven, willing, and able". Work life balance is terrible in most groups, so they purposely avoid hiring anyone who won't drink the juice or work 10-12 hour days. If you have a family and are looking for a 9-5 steer clear.
    - If you miss your numbers one month or someone important gets the impression you don't enjoy killing yourself at work they are VERY quick to manage people out. Some people who were average performers have been literally handed a box and walked out of the building.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and care about your employees. There are some great people working here that have burnt out and left. With such a healthy business model, would growing just a little slower be so bad so you could slow down and treat your employees with respect? There could be so much to love if the culture was moving in the right direction. If you really want employees to invest in the company long term, you need to have more reasonable expectations of your staff and upward mobility for your best people in ALL groups.

Great People, Great Culture

Current Employee - Opportunity Consultant in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Opportunity Consultant in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS

Pros

I've been at iCIMS for almost 2 years and I couldn't be happier with the decision to come over and join this group! Everyone is truly focused on providing a great customer experience and achieving what sometimes feel like impossible goals..until they're met!

Cons

Sometimes the pressure can get to you when you're chasing down goal every month

Advice to Management

Please keep the culture loose like you have. I would hate to see the company become more conservative and uptight as we continue to grow out. As great as the company is at finding talent, I hope they're also willing to do what is necessary to keep great talent as well in the coming years.

6. I wish they walked the walked

I worked at iCIMS

Pros

Great food across the street, bagel Fridays and smart exec team.

Cons

Fear and deflection rule.

Advice to Management

Don't promote I'll prepared junior staff.

7. Best Place to Work In NJ For Sure.

Current Employee - Marketing in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are someone with a passion for technology and want to work with people who are smart, metrics-driven, and fun, iCIMS is the company for you. The organization has grown rapidly within the past few years and it's great to see iCIMS maintain the "work hard, play hard" culture. There are areas of growth throughout the company too and we recently established in-house training workshops for all levels of the organization. A lot of the people here are very friendly and team-oriented so you never feel like you are alone, even in stressful situations. Upper management really cares about its people, and I don't think you can really say that about a lot of buinesses.

Cons

Monthly metric-cycles that can sometimes wear people out or cause them to feel like their responsibilities are getting stale. This causes high-turnover rates or movement into another teams/departments in the organization.

Advice to Management

Consider more national holidays, summer hours, and continue to hire people that can preserve the company's culture with outside experience.

You want to work here!

Current Employee - Communications in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Communications in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A young, but established company in the growing market of talent acquisition software with a ton of well-known customers. It still, however, features the fun and innovative atmosphere of a startup, which seems typical of technology companies. It also stands out as a rapidly growing company that is constantly hiring despite the slowly healing overall economy. It also treats its employees very well through generous salaries, amazing benefits, opportunities to ascend to higher roles, a smart business casual dress code, and a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The company puts new hires through an extensive orientation process during the first week that fully immerses them in all aspects of the company. Then again, maybe that's not so much of a con considering most companies just throw their new hires into the fire.

Advice to Management

For the most part, stay the course, but always look to build upon the already great environment provided for employees.

iCIMS Response

Mar 25, 2015Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your review!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Matawan, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Matawan, NJ

I worked at iCIMS

Pros

If you are in the field of computer science and want to learn and gain some experience this is great place to do it.

Cons

Travelling to the place was a challenge for me but it might not be for someone else

Advice to Management

Nothing

Best Kept Secret in NJ - Great Culture with Amazing Employment Opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is really hip and cool and the people have been outstanding so far. The monthly socials, bagel Fridays and casual dress go along way to making it a great place to work but it really comes down to the collaborative work environment for me. Great team environment. The work is challenging and I feel like there is room to grow which feels awesome.

Cons

Fast pace that keeps you guessing as they are rapidly growing which isn't a con for me as I am used to but might not be right for all. Must be willing to be agile and flexible and willing to adapt. Growing quickly so not all processes are in place yet but good thing is they are willing to put them in place and stand behind Kaizen as a leading principle so that they are also looking things to do away with as well which is pretty cool.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on hiring exceptional people and keep Talent Acquisition a top focus not just for your consumer brand i.e. your software but for your employment brand as well. Continue to invest in the Employment Brand as iCIMS has an amazing story to tell and we just need to get it out there.

The culture is awesome

I have been working at iCIMS

Pros

The managers are always willing to help and show that they care about your work and assisting you when needed. Bagel Fridays, company holiday party, monthly socials

Cons

haven't really seen any just