iContact Reviews

Peter Granat

1. Good company at the time

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Holly Springs, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Holly Springs, NC

I worked at iContact (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, solid leadership, good benefits

Cons

software was behind. Flat sales structure with little room to grow career

Advice to Management

none

2. Management, management, management

I worked at iContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people working here

Cons

Lazy and difficult people seem to be rewarded in an effort to motivate them.

Jul 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback - there really are some great people working here. We really hate to hear that it was perceived that "lazy and difficult people" were rewarded in effort to motivate them ... More

Ok on the surface...but a little weird underneath.....

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at iContact

Pros

Some really nice, intelligent people, some who actually speak to you in the morning. Nice relaxing atmosphere in break room. They also have a small onsite exercise room. Somewhat relaxed atmosphere depending on your position. Flexibility in hours depending on your position. Some departments/jobs are more desirable than others to work in (so choose wisely). Not really micromanaged, and didn't feel like I was taking my job home with me every day, even though I worked some days after hours. Work is varied every day, and enjoyed dealing with the customers. Proactive in the community with fundraisers, etc. Morrisville campus President is a genuinely nice guy who truly has a vision, is approachable, and takes time to listen to everyone, regardless of your title.

Cons

Multiple interviews and long interview process for a job that didn't live up to the hype. In midst of merger (who knows what will happen). VERY clique-ish, and if you don't fit in...well...you won't get invited out to lunch, you won't land other opportunities, and you won't survive, If one person who has any "clout" (and doesn't necessarily have to be your coworkers or your immediate supervisor) decides he or she doesn't like you, you're DONE, regardless of performance. Seen it occur many times over many months. Some people are required to work much harder than others, who obviously get by because of who they know. Not the best product training out there. Younger employees (typical age 25-30) tend to create a more juvenile work and social environment. If you actually have a family to go home to and can't attend any of the after-work drinking socials (or if you just don't happen to be into that), then you will slowly be on your way out because you don't "fit in" *and it DOES matter here!). Pay is a little below standard for being located in Morrisville and fighting all that horrible rush-hour traffic. Try to negotiate your hours. Don't have the best product out there. Obvious discord between departments/upper management that should never be = lacking in unity. Some people (esp management) just look you in the face and smile then talk behind your back FAKE.

Advice to Management

Provide better, more uniform product training because EVERYONE needs to thoroughly get to know the capabilities of the product regardless of role. This will also help with employee advancement. Hopefully the Morrisville President will see through some of his upper management because some of them seriously need to be fired, even though they may be professional when in his presence. Re-evaluate some of your employees too, and make sure they are adhering to your culture and mission, because sometimes people get too comfortable and then pretend to be working when in actuality, others are picking up the slack. This ain't no Kardashian party, people are trying to make a living and progress!

Jul 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We did experience some challenges during our merger in 2012 but if you work in our office today, you won't find a "clique-ish" environment - you'll find great people ... More

5. Interesting company

I worked at iContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, good benefits and pay was good for the industry. Excellent direct managers

Cons

Company has since changed hands so most of this is historical reference. Company seemed too concerned with how they looked and more about environmental concerns than the actual business.

Advice to Management

Hopefully as the company has changed hands, the direction has changed and the focus is more on product than the environment.

Jul 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. We have certainly changed quite a bit from being "too concerned about how we look" and have been more focused on the product and taking care of our employees.

6. awesome company awesome product

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership team. Solid focus and mission. Great industry and a market leader. Great culture and good pay.

Cons

I really don't have a lot to say here. They treated me well and took great care of me. Would recommend to anyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep deliverability high. don't be a boss be a leader. There is a difference . Servant leader.

Jul 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! We'll keep it up.

7. Great work environment dependent upon your department.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere in the sales department. Transparent and honest management. Great company culture.

Cons

There seems to be empty promises handed out in both departments. Company culture greatly differs depending on what department you are in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Only thing I would like to see change is for sales and services do more team building.

Jul 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback - we've taken note and have worked to improve the items mentioned. Hopefully, the progress has been seen.

8. It's an amazing place to work!

I have been working at iContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture, amazing co-workers, growth potential, great benefits, flexibility, excellent leadership

Cons

I have not stumbled across any yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to make iContact the best email marketing platform and the best place for a person to work and learn!

Mar 26, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! We love it and we'll carry on!

9. Great Job.

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact

Pros

Very laid back and you are not micro-managed.

Cons

There are honestly no cons.

Advice to Management

None

Mar 26, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback, we take pride that we're able to avoid micro-management but couldn't do that without our outstanding self-driven employees!

Positive work environment with great growth potential

I have been working at iContact

Pros

Everyone at iContact is friendly and supportive from the moment you walk in the door. The management strives to make sure their employees are well taken care of on every end of the spectrum. Their benefits are some of the best I've seen offered, the pay is on par with other companies in the area, and who doesn't like unlimited Starbucks or the occasional free bagel. I see truly great things coming from iContact in the future and look forward to being a part of them.

Cons

The office is a very lively place, but sometimes lively can cross the threshold into noisy. I find myself ducking into conference rooms sometimes to find a quiet place to work. There is still a little bit of confusion in the wake of the latest acquisition. Management is trying their hardest to normalize everything but there is still the occasional hiccup in communication between iContact and the Vocus/Cision end of business. That being said, once the smoke clears a little bit I think iContact will be running like a well oiled machine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Just don't forget where iContact has come from and don't lose sight of where we are going.

Feb 3, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! We'll keep plugging away.

Great Technology Company !

I have been working at iContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

iContact is far from a start-up now ! Teams are engaged and highly qualified to keep up with customer needs. Decent building located right off I-40 & 540 with a few nice touches. Unlimited Soda and Starbucks can really keep the day moving. Culture is unique, and you can add your own dash if you feel compelled.

Cons

Some light confusion about what the future brings for the company being held by GCTR. Like most tech companies there has to be a dash of uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Management teams are great, very transparent and keep open door policies

Feb 3, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to continue and increase transparency into 2015.

RSS Feed </> Embed