iCore

4.1

iCore CEO, Chairman & Founder Stephen G. Canton
Stephen G. Canton

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenging and fast-paced with substantial career growth and learning potential

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a huge opportunity to learn the business and the company will pay/reimburse you for outside training. I already had my CCNA when I came to iCore, but many employees have gotten their certifications while here, paid for by the company. You can learn as much or as little as you want. One of our lead network architects started out a few years ago answering phones with absolutely no telecom experience and iCore has trained him, paid for his certifications, promoted him, and now trusts him to work on their infrastructure, the core of the business. The culture is young and hip. This is the first job, straight out of college for many folks. There is plenty of work to do so the day goes by quickly. I'm never sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so to speak. The CEO is *awesome*. He does have high expectations, but he will equip you with whatever you need to meet those expectations. The entire executive staff is very approachable and actively involved in the day to day business. I've worked in the telecommunications industry for nearly 20 years and this is definitely the best work experience and environment I've come across in that time.

Cons

You have to be on time every.single.day! I'm not much of a morning person so this is still hard for me. You meet with your team every morning at 8am so there is no room for tardiness. I thought the 8am meetings would be a waste of time, but I've come to realize they're actually very beneficial in identifying risks and potential issues throughout the month instead of issues popping up out of the blue at the end of the month. On Wednesdays at 8am the entire company meets, so you definitely have to be on time on Wednesdays! But, those meetings are usually informative (think equipment demos, marketing initiatives, process change ideas), awards are given out and people are recognized for their accomplishments so it's not that bad. And, the company provides free breakfast for everyone!! You are expected to get your work done, whether that means working late, working from home, whatever. This isn't an issue for me because I'm pretty efficient so I leave on time every day. A lot of people work late, but their efforts are recognized and appreciated. Managers actually say "thank you!" If you do ask for help they'll give/get you help. The biggest downfall is that you have to dress up. For 19+ years I wore jeans to work and, maybe, dressed business casual if a customer was scheduled to visit, but that only happened 2 or 3 times *ever*. Not at iCore. Everyone is dressed professional Monday - Thursday and,even on Friday/jeans day, everyone has on a nice shirt and nice shoes with their best pair of jeans.

Stay involved. Work towards having more middle management resources so upper management doesn't have to be as involved and can focus at a higher level. Continue to reward the employees through competitive salaries, bonus plans, comp time, etc. because it's great for morale. And, always remember that the extras...the end of month close out celebration, free breakfast, team outings, giveaways (footballs, notebooks, shirts)...all that stuff matters in keeping us little people happy and loyal!!

Continuing to learn and grow!

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

iCore is a great company to grow professionally, personally, and financially. The way the company is expanding means there's constantly new opportunities for both current and future employees. Everyone at iCore works very hard to get the job done and it does not go unnoticed by upper management! There's a very strong rewards & recognition's program including employee of the month awards, multiple company events throughout the year, and department team outings!

Cons

Sometimes the work load requires long work hours.

Keep it up!

Purpose, Passion and Potential

Current Employee - Change Management Specialist in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Change Management Specialist in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I believe that one of the greatest things about iCore is the sense of purpose you are given each day. Without a doubt, your days are filled with enough significant duties that make you feel like you have a large impact on the company. No employee feels forgotten because no employee has work on their plate that does not strongly affect the person sitting next to them. Everyone here loves their work. Each completed assignment is fulfilling and recognized. With a strong work ethic and positive attitude, the potential to move up in this company is unlike any other organization I have seen. I have been here for less than a year and have already been promoted. At iCore, what you give is what you get and you have the ability to shape your own future which is one of the strongest and most beneficial characteristics any company can provide.

Cons

Long 12 hour days
    The constant feeling of thinking you need to check your email even when you are not at work

Great leadership is about listening just as much as it is about communicating. It is important to listen and hear what the employees want versus just communicating what you know people want to hear. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Amazing Career Potential

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

iCore is a great place for people looking for a company to grow with. They're rapidly expanding and as a result promoting many hardworking employees who have helped the company grow along the way.

Vacation time is two weeks which is pretty good for someone starting off. Employees are energetic and very detail oriented. Management is transparent.

Cons

Very fast paced, high expectations

Continue to motivate staff, the extra push is definitely worth it

Not an environment for the weak

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For those who are aggressive and motivated, iCore offers an environment for you to make your own career path happen. Those who have become successful in the company (including those not in Sales), all have the same ingredients, a drive to succeed. No, at iCore you don't get to work "flex hours" or get 5 weeks of vacation. iCore is all about success, and to be successful it requires a lot of effort and drive. iCore rewards employees in promotions, company wide recognition and awards.- All of which are always well deserved to the recipients.
    You are given the opportunity to not just become a number at a large company. iCore offers everything all the reviews mention: Career growth, financial growth and personal growth. In the short time I have been employed here I have grown personally and professional because the environment works for me. I enjoy seeing my day fly by and not being bored. iCore offers challenges and growth. We are a work hard, play hard group!

Cons

-Strong personalities can often be challenging to work with, but everyone is still professional. It is what you make it.
    -Don't come here looking for everyone to become your next best friend, this is a business not a sorority.
    -Be prepared to work a lot- time management is everything here.
    -Every department can be under a lot of pressure at the end of the month

Listen to your team members and remember to coach, not just point out the things people may be doing wrong.
    Keep encouraging us!

Best place to work!

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is amazing. There is alot of pressure but the team environment is here to assist you and to make you succeed!

Cons

The only downside is the traffic coming here in the morning, but to be honest it's worth it if you want to come and start the career of your life time.

Upper Management is doing great. they have a clear and bright future ahead of them. This job is not a 9-5 but its a 9-SUCEED.

Very Fulfilling Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers. Opportunity for growth and promotion. Exceptional training and mentoring, Very fast-paced, challenging environment. Positive, contagious attitude in office. Phenomenal CEO.

Cons

Long hours, not the typical 9-5 workweek

adjust salaries to cost of living for the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.

Not your average job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-high earning potential
    -great resume builder - many managers are below 28, this is really a place where you can make your mark
    -you can forge your own path
    -you can receive pretty much any training or certification you ask for on their bill, they are willing to help you grow professionally

Cons

-long hours
    -very demanding management
    -extremely busy, sometimes just thrown into things with little direction

continue to encourage employees

HORRIBLE - STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience for resume. If you can take it long enough, you will move up quickly with the high turnover rate. Not a typical 9-5.

A core value is to never be late. Always must be on time NO LATER than 8am. This can be a PRO or CON - depending on the person.

Cons

-There was harassment in the workplace and HR did not do anything about it with multiple contacts to HR. iCore is a walking lawsuit.
    -Low pay. Sales base pay is lower than a coordinator's pay.
    -This is a place that has no deadlines or structure involved.
    -Very Hierarchy based. If you are not top management or an executive you are not treated the same. They treat their lower level employees horribly and prey on the recent college graduates!!!!! COLLEGE GRADS BEWARE!!!
    -They hire only females to be coordinators and they are really just assistants with a different name.
    -PM's and Engineers work until 2am during installs - most installs take place after business hours. (PRO or CON) however, no matter how late you are working until you are expected at the 8am meeting the next morning.
    -They also have their employees creating accounts and writing reviews to give themselves a better name on Glassdoor.
    -Everyone gossips: if you have an interview with them more than likely everyone in the department knows what you said.
    -No formal training. The training iCore makes every employee go to is pointless. It is an overview of the each department and a wasted workday.
    -Employees will look down on you if you leave before 7pm and if you take a lunch break. Certain departments such as finance always leaves earlier.
    -They can not seem to keep anyone in the finance department for more than a few months. About 5 months ago they even hired a new VP of finance.
    -Project Managers commission is VERY LOW! You take the total MRR/52= commission. You do not get commission unless you hit the goal your supervisor and you create for the month. Basically if you earn the commission you get a little under 2% of total MRR

People cry in their offices (I was one), in the bathroom and hallways because of the flat out hostility in this place. There is even a CRY BOARD for the PM Team.

Stop micro-managing employees.
    Hold yourself accountable for your own actions and actions of the staff.
    Stop lying to the CEO, just to make him happy.
    The CEO is delusional.

Working For iCore has been Great!

Current Employee - Cloud Support Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started working at iCore 3 years ago as a field tech and quickly moved my way up to becoming an I.T support engineer for the iCore cloud team. I am currently in charge of all internal I.T support. This company has given me the opportunity to gain hands on experience with equipment like the Cicso systems, Servers, and Nutanix, which are some of the latest technologies that have come out in the I.T market. Since being here I have seen the company grow aggressively and provide endless opportunities for its employees.

Cons

Like all companies we have deadlines that must be met, making the job at hand stressful at times. However, these deadlines are also motivating to get the work done quickly and efficiently. If you are good at managing your time you will be just fine!