iCore

iCore CEO, Chairman & Founder Stephen G. Canton
Stephen G. Canton

Best place to work!

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is amazing. There is alot of pressure but the team environment is here to assist you and to make you succeed!

Cons

The only downside is the traffic coming here in the morning, but to be honest it's worth it if you want to come and start the career of your life time.

Upper Management is doing great. they have a clear and bright future ahead of them. This job is not a 9-5 but its a 9-SUCEED.

Very Fulfilling Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers. Opportunity for growth and promotion. Exceptional training and mentoring, Very fast-paced, challenging environment. Positive, contagious attitude in office. Phenomenal CEO.

Cons

Long hours, not the typical 9-5 workweek

adjust salaries to cost of living for the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.

Pedal to the Metal

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Huge career acceleration opportunities.
    Company invests in training programs for employees.
    Top Management is world class and they care about their employees while inspiring their employees to go above and beyond.
    Amazing company culture at HQ.
    Fast growth company
    High rewards for top performers.

Cons

Long hours make work life balance difficult.
    Only 2 weeks off a year.
    Tremendous growth leads to growing pains.
    Finance can be difficult to work with.
    Some folks dont respond to your calls/emails.

Poor leadership, lack of vision and care for employees well-being

I worked at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can learn a lot if you are willing to put in the hours. The employees are great and mean well, however, it is clear that leadership needs to implement solutions to change the culture and atmosphere.

Cons

There is no work-life balance. NOT A 9-5 JOB. CEO is a mad-man that enslaves workers and forces them to do immoral things. The culture here is unbearable, I am surprised this company is still (semi) functioning. People are miserable. Change is definitely necessary and it starts at the top. Realizing the company won't be successful without it's employees and ensure those employees feel appreciated and valued, because it's definitely not happening now or anytime soon.

Look at turnover. There is a reason for it and it's NOT healthy. People leave for a reason. It's a terrible place to work, the worst place, by far, that I've ever worked. You won't grow without retaining employees and you can't keep treating them the way you have been. They are people with feelings, values, goals, and great ideas who are greatly under estimated and unappreciated.

HORRIBLE - STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience for resume. If you can take it long enough, you will move up quickly with the high turnover rate. Not a typical 9-5.

A core value is to never be late. Always must be on time NO LATER than 8am. This can be a PRO or CON - depending on the person.

Cons

-There was harassment in the workplace and HR did not do anything about it with multiple contacts to HR. iCore is a walking lawsuit.
    -Low pay. Sales base pay is lower than a coordinator's pay.
    -This is a place that has no deadlines or structure involved.
    -Very Hierarchy based. If you are not top management or an executive you are not treated the same. They treat their lower level employees horribly and prey on the recent college graduates!!!!! COLLEGE GRADS BEWARE!!!
    -They hire only females to be coordinators and they are really just assistants with a different name.
    -PM's and Engineers work until 2am during installs - most installs take place after business hours. (PRO or CON) however, no matter how late you are working until you are expected at the 8am meeting the next morning.
    -They also have their employees creating accounts and writing reviews to give themselves a better name on Glassdoor.
    -Everyone gossips: if you have an interview with them more than likely everyone in the department knows what you said.
    -No formal training. The training iCore makes every employee go to is pointless. It is an overview of the each department and a wasted workday.
    -Employees will look down on you if you leave before 7pm and if you take a lunch break. Certain departments such as finance always leaves earlier.
    -They can not seem to keep anyone in the finance department for more than a few months. About 5 months ago they even hired a new VP of finance.
    -Project Managers commission is VERY LOW! You take the total MRR/52= commission. You do not get commission unless you hit the goal your supervisor and you create for the month. Basically if you earn the commission you get a little under 2% of total MRR

People cry in their offices (I was one), in the bathroom and hallways because of the flat out hostility in this place. There is even a CRY BOARD for the PM Team.

Stop micro-managing employees.
    Hold yourself accountable for your own actions and actions of the staff.
    Stop lying to the CEO, just to make him happy.
    The CEO is delusional.

Run as fast as you can

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young people, young environment, friendly people,

Cons

this is not a 8-5 place, you have to work your life off for nothing, if you don't stay late they think you are not getting your job done, and if you do they think you are way behind, i received poor training in what my position was about, and they pretended me to know an industry i was a first timer to. The CEO thinks he is God and has no respect for people life's. sales are in heaven at this company, they can do whatever they want to and no one can say anything about it. If you are not in sales they you mean nothing to the company, they have unrealistic goals and pretend people to reach them. I have to agree that the good reviews are done by HR or recruiting as their is nothing nice to say about this place. i've heard people cry all over the office and complain about how they dont have a life because of iCore. They take advantage of the young and make them believe that working 12-15 hours a day is a healthy thing.

Read your reviews and stop making up good reviews.

Great learning experience

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive culture, everyone works hard. Great technical solution.

Cons

Micro-management, company culture is not very sound.

Working For iCore has been Great!

Current Employee - Cloud Support Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started working at iCore 3 years ago as a field tech and quickly moved my way up to becoming an I.T support engineer for the iCore cloud team. I am currently in charge of all internal I.T support. This company has given me the opportunity to gain hands on experience with equipment like the Cicso systems, Servers, and Nutanix, which are some of the latest technologies that have come out in the I.T market. Since being here I have seen the company grow aggressively and provide endless opportunities for its employees.

Cons

Like all companies we have deadlines that must be met, making the job at hand stressful at times. However, these deadlines are also motivating to get the work done quickly and efficiently. If you are good at managing your time you will be just fine!

Great work environment, huge upside!

Current Employee - Sales Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for iCore has opened many doors for me. I have grown personally and professionally in a short period of time. iCore is a fast paced working environment that requires hard working individuals to succeed. I will be completely honest it will not be easy breezy at first but if you stick it out the benefits and learning experience are well worth it.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 work environment.

Keep doing what your doing and lead by example.

Fast-Paced and Young Company, Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in McLean, VA

I have been working at iCore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is a great place for those who are hungry to work hard, see the rewards of that work, and be part of an exciting and growing technology. VoIP is a hot market and the technology and products we provide are really worthwhile investments for businesses, both small and large. The company is still small enough to have a good, supportive culture and to allow for everyone to learn about how the other departments work.

Cons

Not for those looking for an easy desk, job. You have to be a self-motivated worker. People are always so busy that even when they are willing to help, they might not have the time.

Internal marketing needs development.