iCreate Software

Be The First To
Add Photos

iCreate Software CEO Vivek Subramanyam

Vivek Subramanyam

Really Good Company for people who are good at their job and not politics!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsHaving worked in two multi nationals previously, I feel I made the right choice in joining iCreate. People here are willing to support you when needed and trust you with the responsibilities even if you are relatively less experienced. Fortunate to have met and learnt from some brilliant minds.

ConsLack of Maturity. In terms of being a product company, this is something which will happen over time. Was saddened by the firing that happened last October.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Should learn from the negativity that still hounds us after the October firing and be very careful lin hiring people.

If you are fed up of your good, happy life and if you want to suicide then...Welcome aboard!!!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLess number of employees and hence you get to know every one

ConsPoor management and poor allocation of resources. False promises
    Hire and Fire Policy
    Limited professional growth
    Promotions are slow
    You will never get a rupee spent for training or professional development
    Management is pompous, vindictive and petty. A company of many bads ideas.
    Management is eccentric and acts in a secretive manner.
    One day, your job is going well, and the next day, you're out the door without any explanation.
    Nobody is very happy all the employees crib the whole day.
    Terrible customer support
    No new projects coming up and all the existing projects have finished or will get finished in a month or two
    Worst HR team you will come across

Advice to Senior ManagementMutual trust and respect is better than fear and bullying. You need to change the company culture

Excellent place to nurture and enhance your expertise

Program Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1) Excellent work environment
    2) All time support from experts and higher management

Cons1) Work is challenging and you need to be in the right set of mind to take up the responsibilities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Place to learn with a nice culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was a part of the functional team. Had some really talented and nice folks in the team. Got an opportunity to take up complete ownership of certain modules. Learning was always there.
    Compensation is decent. If Banking/Finance is your career path then few products of this organization will definitely interest you.

ConsThere was an unstructured layoff which happened in October. It should have been planned and executed in a matured way. So instability is a concern.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequent shift in focus will hamper in the long run. Give the guys time to built the product.

Balanced review. Telling you like it is.

Product (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros• The company has actually carved out a nice little niche for itself and what it attempts to do (BI for Banking) is very relevant and certainly in demand
    • If iCreate gets its act right (which looks highly unlikely) it can still emerge as one of India's more successful product startups
    • It once had an open, productive and informal culture. Nerdy, whacky, fun and free. The way great product companies are. If the company can bring this culture back again - it could still go on to achieve great things.
    • The company once had excellent product engineering and a brilliant sales team. If the company can woo some of them back - it can really turn around things quickly.

Cons• Focus: The company's management unfortunately focused only on increasing its valuation to investors and scrambled to make a quick buck. They completely forgot customers, employees and even existing stakeholders in this mad rush for cash.
    • Management: There certainly is need for consistent, stable and good governance. This has been lacking for a while. But the management is certainly not the demons that some of the reviews make it out to be.
    • Gimmicks: Yes, a lot of 4 and 5 star reviews here are cheap gimmicks by the company to look good. But yes, some of the scathing reviews are too extreme and undeserved as well.
    • HR and employee policies: Yes, it really is as bad as most of the reviews make it out to be. If there is only once change that the company will make - it should most certainly be this! The HR department and its polices are definitely a big disaster.
    • Crisis: Yes, the company fired some 50+ people in a single day in October. The word "brutal" has been perhaps wrongly used in most reviews. All these firing were accomplished in a single day - and yes, could certainly have been managed better.
    • Product engineering and delivery: True that the companies product offerings are not as mature as they should be - but definitely unfair to call the company a "services company in the garb of product company". Very much a product company this. Product engineering once had brilliant people. There still are some very good folks who need to be managed well. There are too many changes in the product development leadership. Each leader brings his own perspective, and there is constant, chipping, changing of product roadmap.
    • Sales: The sales team started quitting even before the October firing thanks to bad sales leadership. The exit of a couple of old sales guys truly hurt the companies not just in terms of revenue but morale and direction. Get some of these sales guys back and that will be a shot in the arm for the company.

This company still has a lot of potential. If the management is determined to undo some of the damage it did and get back some of the good people that it lost, it can still salvage a lot of what it lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementDO:
     - Bring back the old open, creative, politics-free culture
     - Listen to employee feedback and perform fair appraisals
     - Bring back the brilliant people we once had in product and sales

DON'T
     - Continue with this disastrous HR we now have. This is where all our problems begin really.
     - Close your minds to employee feedback
     - Chip and chop product roadmap so often! You will get nothing meaningful out in time at this rate

Kick start to my career

Product Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsColleagues are very friendly and are vey helpful. Great compensation. Senior management is very friendly and very easy to approach any senior member. Great learning opportunity. Great opportunity to grow.

ConsNot much of an exposure to the corporate culture. Not a big name so it doesn't help when you move abroad but still you can learn a lot of things inside the company.

Dont join this Circus unless you are already unemployed

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTwo events of the past :- Getting funding from VCs because of past credentials of current CEO and the "accidental ADF wave”

ConsA back drop :- The current COO who was erstwhile CEO got in his friend as CEO ,as his credentials wasn’t attractive enough to attract VCs . Funding comes in and the ADF wave happens .

The current COO who’s majority career has been that of a contract labour doesn’t understand Institution building .Since he’s the guy who runs the show and the current CEO is a also treated as an individual contributor with expectations of first bringing in VCs and now some top line contribution & administration is the reality.

“CAPABILITY ISSUE “ of an individual is the sickness , iCreate has got stuck in and unfortunately he turns out to be the single largest shareholder .How could 65plus folks of 400 member organisation be a misfit overnight .What was hiring based on ,was there any view? (vision is too heavy a word here ) .Simple things right ,first get business and run a tight ship and if need be hire .That’s how cost conscious organisations run .

But then words do resonate “ Somebody has given us money ,let’s spend .If its works great ,it doesn’t I still make money “ .Oh Boy! ,not sure whether parameters like Governance ,ethics , good will do matter on a Sale scenario ,am sure VCs know it better .

Small things like Plush offices being rented for only 50percent utilisation in Bangalore and 10 percent utilisation in Mumbai, Annual parties with all the flair and booze , hiring is still happening ...Now that’s a joke! Finally whose money.

However the business model is decent , pre-built packaged product but probably in the current scheme and scale- it’s in wrong hands.

The beauty is that, currently COO is also acting Sales head (Since Sales head was also fired!!), and it’s pretty sure that desired numbers will not be met and there will be unfortunate few who are totally clueless will be misfit again .

Not sure about “Banking Decisions” but Management’s Decision making capability seems a weak and wrong one .

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Employees /prospects - Please read the title of the review

Advice to VCs/Investors – You know better !

Advice to future customers – Stay away guys! Especially the international ones, there are not good enough folks to execute.

Message to current Management :- "Group of Individuals form a team ,group of teams form a function ,Functions come together to create an institution . Body shoppers can’t go beyond the first phrase and hence should pass on the baton to more capable leaders."

negative, yes i am positive, stay miles away

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThey con clients and then employees, yes they manage to survive through this

ConsThey con and con and con, no end to this, you will find fake positive reviews on glassdoor too. be careful, stay away from this company

Advice to Senior Managementvote for AAP

"iCreate troubles"

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsCould have had a good product with some directions and good team in platform team. However they have been sacked / resigned. Guys left back are highly demotivated in spite of hikes and bonus payout.

ConsManagement are big cheaters. They cheat customers and employees. They fire as frequently as they hire. They try to hide this claiming "Wrong hires". They fire just before they have to pay you the annual Bonus (so that it saves them money).

DO NOT TRUST THE MANAGEMENT (BUNCH OF JOKERS) AND SCREW UP YOUR FUTURE.

If you feel this is one off -ve review, then check the number of orders they have managed in 2013, how they are executing orders in hand, how many successful implementations they have completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease shut the shop rather than screwing around with life of employees.

Great place to learn and enhance your knowledge

Lead Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1. Client focused company
    9. Best in industry employees

Cons1. Roles are not clearly defined
    2. Long hours especially during the holidays
    3. Very high expectations from employees which are difficult to achieve

Advice to Senior ManagementGoing on right track. I think we will soon achieve our mission 5:50:250

Worked for iCreate Software? Contribute to the Community!