iCrossing Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Brian Powley

Pros
  • There is also a good work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Smart people who want to do well by the clients (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Bloated senior management with little vision (in 4 reviews)

• Extremely top-heavy organization (in 4 reviews)

1. Good Company and Co Worker

Former Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at iCrossing and met a number of really good people.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about iCrossing.

Shadow of its Former Self

I have been working at iCrossing full-time

Pros

It's full of intelligent individuals who are always willing to give a helping hand. The accounts were great and though the hours sometimes long, the perks and overall culture made it worth it. Plus, it's located inside the Hearst building with access to a great cafeteria and other health center/gym benefits. Luckily, they still are really flexible with WFH and tries to instill a proper work/life balance. Also, they do pay slightly higher than most digital agencies but only if you don't mind staying in the same position for a long time and getting zero to minimal pay increases.

Cons

We recently got a new CEO and within weeks, we lost 3-4 departments in 2 waves of layoffs to offset the financial challenges. Many top executives were laid off or resigned and now we have a new set of VPs to help shepherd the new direction we're going in. Except, no one seems to know what the new direction is. New management has alienated themselves from the current staff and unlike previous VPs, hasn't proactively reached out to get to know "us." Teams are shrinking each day as many are openly looking for another job and either new management is oblivious or simply do not care. The great culture we used to have is fading fast and we're running out of reasons to stay.

Even before our new CEO's arrival, there were still issues. Promotions seemed to happen only if you ran in the right political circle or threatened to leave. Hours are long, same as any agency, but somehow still manage to squeeze whatever hours left you have in a day to join an account that's very demanding.

Advice to Management

Figure it out fast!

3. ICrossing a solid Agency

Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work life balance at ICrossing is great. You will never get this at any other agency. We have a great group of talented people, but are going through some growing pains now. We have a new CEO that is bringing in some super talented executives at the moment and we are all just waiting to see whats next. The changes they making are good, they have been needed for a long time.

Cons

The recent changes, its rough, but we are all excited to see what the new executive team does. Their LinkedIN profiles look amazing so we all expect great things.

Advice to Management

Let's get going and take IC to the next level.

5. Dysfunctional with no Direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at iCrossing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good location in Santa Monica - food, parking and freeway access is excellent
    * Strong technical team and good processes around technical integration
    * Project management is consistent and communicates well
    * Reasonably flexible and casual work environment

Cons

* Extremely toxic and cliquey atmosphere - I watched two senior people get driven out through office politics, slandering backstabbing and outright disrespect. (There's another review about the office in NYC which almost mirrored my experience)

* Zero leadership - it's a small team so you'd think there would be some cohesion and a solid vision. There isn't. Coordination with other offices is scattershot and the relationship with S&S is simply crisis management rather than a true partnership.

* Mediocre creative and strategic output - iCrossing is NOT a creative agency. Their strengths are in SEO/SEM

* Very dodgy behavior on the corporate side in regards to promotions, bonuses and salaries. They will promise the moon and then simply not deliver with no communication whatsoever. Only after employees hounded management did they manage some excuse on the bonus situation - 6 months after they were due.

* Poor organizational structure - PM's do a lot of technical management along with QA.

Advice to Management

It's time to clean house. Several very senior quality employees were driven away because of the toxic atmosphere. Get rid of your management and account teams and start over. Optimize your org chart, refine your goals and communicate what the LA office is for. Right now, the inmates are running the asylum and it's not good.

6. Media Analyst

I have been working at iCrossing full-time

Pros

It is a very relaxed environment
    company has good direction from the top down
    on the fringe of digital marketing

Cons

The onboarding process is unstructured, new hires are either thrown right into the mix or left afloat for a while

Advice to Management

Come up with a better structure of onboarding new hires and implement it right away to make feel people more welcome from day 1

7. A good opportunity for growth.

Former Employee - Senior UI Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior UI Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iCrossing

Pros

The best thing about working for iCrossing is that you will get to work on high-visibility projects for high-profile clients.

Cons

Much of the work is on legacy systems maintaining other people's code.

8. Lead Engineer

Former Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at iCrossing

Pros

Small and well knit teams.
    Opportunities to work on challenging projects.
    Mix bag of talent.

Cons

Leadership not technology focused.
    Departmental interaction minimal.
    Lack of motivation in employees.

Advice to Management

Run the organization like a coherent team.
    Focus on technology and its implementation, This used to be good but is going down each year.

9. Great people...no process

Former Employee - Senior Social Media Strategist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Social Media Strategist in New York, NY

I worked at iCrossing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some smart, talented, great people in the NYC office, I met many people I will surely stay in touch with throughout my career.

Competitive pay and benefits

Working in Hearst Tower has cool perks like beauty sample sales and Seminars with great guests

Cons

The Social media practice is not a high priority to the agency, there are many internal and external processes that need to be put in place, and more social media business needs to be sought after and won

There are not enough social media experts within the agency and the departments do not work together to come up with holistic digital strategies

Advice to Management

The management system is very confusing with poor communication and therefore unable to really grow and cultivate great talent --something needs to be done to address this

10. Great place to work

I have been working at iCrossing

Pros

Smart people and a focus on the clients. Teams working together to do great work and some work life balance.

Cons

Still trying to settle in to new management

11. Pretty Car, but Poor performance Under the Hood

I worked at iCrossing

Pros

Hidden gems among team members
    Majority of the team is genuine
    Flexible work schedule
    Casual dress

Cons

Poor executive leadership
    Lack of true team work
    Low morale
    Do not pay out bonuses due to poor financial performance
    Accountability is low
    Overwhelming work load

Advice to Management

Improve employee morale and cohesiveness. Employees would appreciate small bonus payouts than the occasional paid happy hour or excessively entertaining clients. Teams don't feel appreciated.

RSS Feed </> Embed