iDirect Technologies

Add Photos

iDirect Technologies CEO Mary Palermo Cotton

Mary Palermo Cotton

Current Employee

ProsGood life work balance, compensation, and flexible hours in most departments

Cons2014 revenue is down due to government shut down back in 2013, slow to utilize solution platforms already purchased.

Good engineering work, but company has cash flow issues.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsGood technology. iDirect is working on the next generation of satellite IP network technology for a global satellite networking company. Opportunity to work on technically challenging product in a niche industry.

ConsFinancially unstable...having cash flow issues. A large chunk of the employee strength has been dedicated to the new product which is poorly planned, designed and executed. The one large costumer is getting close to release, but the product is not ready. Too many bugs.
    Not the best managed engineering group. Lack good engineering processes.
    Too many typical minded, bad attitude, Desi (south asian) managers...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times...engineering processes have evolved tremendously since the 90s.

iDirect Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsFavorable work environment. Ability to work remotely. Good location and work facilities. Direct contact with VP's and decision makers...

ConsWork culture environment tends to "click" within departments. Rapid growth and new processes not keeping up with systems training. High numbers of VP and Director level staff on site can make working difficult (at times impossible).

Advice to Senior ManagementTends to be guilty of having too many bosses and not enough workers to spread work around. Too many bosses subscribing to the grapevine management system versus personnel performance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expected to work long hours and weekends for no extra compensation

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBeing involved with lots of new technology. Friendly environment and nice coworkers. Management is well intentioned even when they make plenty of planning mistakes.

ConsExpected to work 60+ hours every week for several months without extra compensation. Projects are late and managers are in panic/firefighting mode with lot of inefficient decisions. I would not recommend the company to my friends eventhough I would get a $5K referral bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan projects better

wonderful

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

Prosgreat work with good compensation

Consbad middle management. should hire better managers

Advice to Senior Managementbecome competent

Beautiful experience at a bright company.

ProsBest Management, Potential Growth, Nice compensation and Benefits.

ConsSpeedy major changes within departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementA trial-n-error is not the only way to implement changes within the departments.

Pre Sales

Pre Sales (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThis is a good company to work in where the hours you need to put in do not cross 40 per week. The management is okay.

ConsThere is no growth that I can see in this company because it deals with satellite communication and such jobs are not easily available if you want to switch somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs I have said that the management is okay. The human resource people are rude.

a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

Prosa mid size company with a lot of start up spirits.
    Flexible hours
    friendly and encouraging environment
    good bonus in the past several years

Conswork can be stressful from time to time.

Good place to work generally

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsThe company is growing. Interesting technology. Nice people

ConsMay have to work late some time

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Satisfying but they could pay more for the job you're expected to do

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsYou will be responsible for everything - right from inception to delivery. You will own, design and deliver modules which includes unit testing and integration. You will be noticed and acknowledged if you take initiative.

ConsIf you don't take initiative, then chances are that you may be given work that you may not like or enjoy. You probably will not be involved in the decision making process.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could do with encouraging and / or helping engineers take initiative and play to their strengths

Worked for iDirect Technologies? Contribute to the Community!