iDiscovery Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Daniel L. Regard

A top-notch organization in an emerging, progressive and lucrative industry.

Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location - Georgetown Harbour waterfront - Washington; Progressive, challenging work content; Intelligent teammates/colleagues that push and motivate you; Healthy continuing education stipend Diverse work environment

Cons

There can be long days and late nights working with tedious data but it's a small price.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to lead.

2. Great company, great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working here are the people, the size of the company, and the location. We work some awesome people, which is not always the case at smaller companies. The work is very interesting and the company is growing with no signs of trouble, which is rare for a company only operation such a short time. One of my favorite things is the beautiful location in Georgetown's Washington Harbour. The view of the water and other amenities surrounding it make for a really nice lunch hour of cultural food or even a nice walk around the water.

Cons

The traffic underneath the Key Bridge coming down K Street to our building is pretty tough.

3. Leading the Industry of eDiscovery

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iDS has an amazing culture, powerful brand, and has exactly what it takes to drive this industry into the future of eDiscovery with its innovative spirit and adaptive nature. I love working for a company where my efforts are appreciated and I am urged to contribute my ideas and opinions even as a newcomer to the company and this industry.

Cons

iDS is growing and as it does, the company is thriving and becoming more competitive. This drives the staff to work harder and be more innovative. The company has changed a lot in the past year due to the growing pains of becoming a bigger company, but is proving to come out on top with all the improvements management has been implementing.

Advice to Management

I think that the executives and directors are doing everything to improve and grow this company into its potential. I would like for them to continue to have this special demeanor which fosters a team-like atmosphere and makes its employees feel like they are truly valued.

5. Best decision of my life

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel valued, respected, positively challenged and love coming to work. iDS puts focus on what I want professionally and works with me to make it happen.

Cons

None... taking a job here was the right decision

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

6. Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is never a dull day at iDS. The work is interesting, challenging and stimulating and every day brings something new. Everyone is happy to assist, offer advice or point you to someone who can help. Teamwork is a reality and I see it every day. Everyone is encouraged to grow to their potential and explore their interests. Coming to work is genuinely an exciting prospect.

Cons

As with any small company, resources are at a premium, but I have never seen a point where the teams have not pitched in across the board to get the job done. EDiscovery is a demanding field with demanding clients but with the right people, the job always gets done. The company is growing quickly but is making sure to hire the right people for the job.

Advice to Management

As a whole, management has been more transparent than most companies that I have worked with. With the current growth phase and shuffling of groups, it would be worthwhile to bring everyone together and discuss where iDS is going and how we plan on accomplishing that vision.

Horrible place to work and epitome of the dead end job.

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"NONE". If there were any pros to working here then I wouldn't have been giving this review.

Cons

Understaffed, Poor leadership. This company doesn't value its employees. Hiring and Firing is a joke here. It is impossible to succeed, there are no advancement opportunities. Directors in this company are arrogant. A very dysfunctional company. One good thing, they are profitable (but profit is shared only within directors). If you ever went for an interview with this company just ask them how many employees have they fired till date and how long those fired employees have worked there, you will get a sense of employee retention culture in this company. In bullet points I would just write: -Poor management, micromanagement -Lack of recognition -No opportunity for personal growth

Advice to Management

None. They don't care or want any advice. They will continue doing what they want to do.

The worst company I have ever experienced in any industry

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They give you a paycheck

Cons

Pretty much everything the first reviewer said is straight up truth "not great". Whoever wrote the positive review either was getting paid enough to have a good experience or is simply someone from the company adding a good review. Bad pay; bad communication; lies; failure to deliver on promises; they prey on people; So called directors treat people like they are piece of crap. This company and directors in the company are a joke in the industry and will remain so. The entire company structure is based on micromanaging.

Advice to Management

You are ruining your reputation with the future leaders of the industry and people working in this industry and we do not forget. Your employees deserve much better. You may get results because people are afraid to lose their jobs, but you'd get better results from people who are treated well.

9. I enjoy the people I work with and the company I work for.

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IDS is committed to its employees and provides real opportunity for growth. The variety of projects that I'm exposed to keep me challenged and give me the opportunity to make a difference.

Cons

The nature of work IDS provides sometimes requires after hours or weekend work. I will say that they are upfront with this information when I came on board.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Challenging work with smart people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

I am valued for what I can bring to the table. Am asked for my opinions and feedback. I feel like I am making a difference. I work with smart people who treat people fairly. The company is in a growth phase and I can help facilitate the direction and contribute to protocols.

Cons

There is a lot of work right now, which I guess is a good problem to have. This is a challenging industry with tight time demands. The client's needs come first, but that is the nature of the legal and e-discovery industry, not just this company.

Advice to Management

While the company is in a growth phase, focus on organic growth and provide the necessary resources for the employees to strike a balance between challenging work and quality of life.

not great

Pros

the office is in a good location

Cons

Directors are treated great - everyone else is treated poorly

RSS Feed </> Embed