iGATE

iGATE Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated Jul 22, 2014

iGATE CEO Ashok Vemuri

Ashok Vemuri

Pros
  • Good work life balance but quality of work depends on the project you are assigned to (in 41 reviews)

• Igate's work culture is characterised by freedom in working (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • 3 months non negotiable notice period, lack of personal growth (in 38 reviews)

• Work-life balance could be a problem in some roles as you cant plan because there is no foresight (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights
141 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company to work for as a fresher

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsLot of learning, Good Onsite opportunities as less employee strength, Flexible timings if good project , transport system is best

ConsDon't get stuck into one project for 2-3 years, difficult to get out

Advice to Senior ManagementRotation in projects would help

Technical Designations in IGATE

Technical Architect (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsIf you dont have a job & ready to join at very low salary..this would be ideal organizaion

ConsMost people with technical designations have nothing to do with technical. They either do people management or quality audits. Being a IT Services organization also it is struggling with technology.
    Most Patni managers are not technical as a result cannot deliver projects successfully.

Good company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsCool and pleasant environment, and at same time it depends on your project also

Consno cons frm my side

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to begin career with

Senior Engineer - V&V (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsI began my career with Patni Computer Systems (campus-placed) and was there for 4+ years. The QA exposure in the Product Engineering Services department was extremely good and beneficial (I realised this benefit on switching companies).
    I was exposed to the processes and had direct interaction with the clients, both of which have helped me grow in this industry.

ConsSalary for fresh graduates is very depressing (especially when compared with other non-IT engineers), the salary increments is also very poor.
    Appreciation for good work is rare.

Too many resources

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsDomains which they work are very important one's like the Banking and Finance (BFS), Insurance, Capitals etc.
    Workload is much, but you get to learn a few things.
    Behavioral trainings happen every now and then.
    Onsite opportunities if you stay for atleast 2-3 yrs in the same company.

ConsCompany is investing in resources. Hence many people are on the bench for like months.
    Too much work pressure when you get tagged in projects.
    Managers are too much political in their own sense. They urge you(at times force) to work 12 hrs a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work culture, bring the values of an MNC
    Improve salary structure.

Less Salary then Market

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

Prosonly good thing is Flexible Timings.

ConsOffer Less salary then Market, No Work Life balance

“Good Company For Training”

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood place to start your career. On-site requirement is good.

ConsNo scope in Delhi Office.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Organization is good for work life balance if you are working in embedded system or hardware design Business Unit.

Embedded Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsCompany transportation, come on time leave on time, Infrastructure, canteen, employee care facilities at iGate Knowledge Park, Navi Mumbai.

ConsMost projects are maintenance based. In hardware design and embedded, technically challenging projects are very rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe so called "Company Policy" should not be one way. When organization needs, all policies can be bent or modified. When Employee needs, they become "The Policies". On every small deal you make employee sign a bond. Appraisal is done for past year performance. If the employee has been with organization for that financial year, it should be given regardless employee is in notice period or not. Trust people so that they can trust you too. Remember you reap what you sow.

No employee satisfaction

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsiGate offers Great learning opportunities

Consno employee benefits offered to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementImplment policies to improve employee satisfaction

Join only if you you have not better offer, or for a short period want a brand to help with your next career move.

Senior Executive - Human Resources (HR Business Partner) (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1. Comparatively lesser pressure (in general) on most projects vis a vis other similar organizations in the Industry, hence a better work life balance.
    2. Approachable managers specially in the middle management.
    3. HR has a good amount of say in the matters of policy and processes.

Cons1. Extremely less compensation as compared to the industry (not only in the support functions but also in the core business areas). Also internally nothing is done to bring about a parity for the existing ones.
    2. Will not hesitate to bring in inexperienced, inexpensive and incompetent candidates as compared to a decent one to save a few thousands, hence very much penny wise and pound foolish.
    3. Very rigid policies on promotions, increments, project allocations and a uniform non negotiable 3 month notice period. No exceptions what so ever is given, hence not at all an employee favoring environment.
    4. Power concentrated in the hands of very few in the top management & corporate and central teams who take unilateral decisions without even understanding the impact on the ground. At times even the SBU Head seems powerless in many scenarios.
    5. Almost no attempt made to retain any employee who resigns (at any level, even with a lot of experience and very good performance)

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly remember you too were earlier working for someone and struggled & fought before you rose to this level. Its no use if you want to really build an employer brand and a sustainable business by doubling the compensation of top management and giving your employees a single digit increment, they too need it and deserve this as much as you do. Please sometimes try to be humans, power lies not in holding back but in giving it at the right time to those who need it the most.

Worked for iGATE? Contribute to the Community!