iLink-Systems

Updated October 16, 2014
3.4

iLink-Systems CEO Sree Balaji
Sree Balaji

Pros
  • Lots of opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies that you get only in few other places (in 5 reviews)

• Good opportunities to work on new technologies (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are awful and work life balance is non-existent (in 3 reviews)

• there is no project managers in the company and no proper processes is followed (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

“The expectations are high, but every one makes an effort to see us succeed. ”

Current Employee - SQL BI Developer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - SQL BI Developer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. The account I work on is very stable and it is hard to see us losing it anytime soon or ever. Great learning experience, good office culture, great paid time off, and flexible schedules. I had the opportunity to work with some really smart people that really cared about me and the work I did.

Cons

Could be more opportunities outside Microsoft Technologies.

Smart people but HR and pay sucks

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at iLink-Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of smart people. Plenty of stuff to learn from people around you. If you are fresh out of college and looking for some experience, you can give it a try.

Cons

very low pay (at least 20-25% lower) compared to other companies in the redmond/ bellevue area. HR pretty much non existent. There is no sense of professionalism with HR. Days and weeks go by before you hear back, even after multiple repeated reminders. Client deadlines can be overwhelming. The healthcare is literally at the bottom of the barrel.

Pay well and bring some professionalism into HR practices.

Good opportunity to excel yourself

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very helpful people from HR and project teams both onshore and offshore. Transparency in the process.
    They have handful of .NET projects. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Need to have better Intranet for accessing employee benefits. Need to find wide range of projects in market.

stay away

I worked at iLink-Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No real projects to work on. the management is very indian based and there is no diversity at the management level. I ran into a lot of struggles to adjust and understand what they were trying to communicate.

Cons

There are no real project managers and everything is poorly planned. Very cheap company. Benefits are awful and work life balance is non-existent. Company runs on cheap labor.

thanks but no thanks for hiring me.

Great Company IF you are eager to learn

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Been part of iLink for about 8 years now, and wouldn't be here if I did not think it was worth investing my time into iLink. This has grown from a small to mid size business within a short span, and has been featured in Inc 5000 list consecutively in 4 years. Competence is primarily focused on Microsoft technologies and continues to have a great run with Microsoft as a partner. Won the Microsoft partner of the year award for excellence in technology and solutions on multiple occasions. I've had a lot of learning experiences with iLink - joined here as a Technical Program Manager and had the opportunity to expand my career both technically and managerially. Lots of opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies that you get only in few other places. Customers are of paramount importance, as they should be. I've learnt some good things in all aspects during my tenure so far here.
    This is a really good place to work if you are willing to learn and work on cutting edge stuff. Anyone who has the initiative and is ready to grab an opportunity HAS that opportunity. If you are willing to go that extra mile in what you do, you will see plenty of growth here.

Cons

iLink has grown out of being a small business into a mid size firm, and with that also comes some growing pains. Management has worked hard to place appropriate processes and practices in place - they are CMMi certified, and continue to refine them to account for these growing pains. Having said that, there is a lot to learn on a daily basis purely because of the the opportunities this presents.

Keep it going!

Great Company, Flat Culture, Amazing Opportunities to learn and grow

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had really good experience working with iLink. The company provides excellent opportunities to learn and grow both in technology and management areas. Though it is now a mid-size company, the culture is very entrepreneurial and flat. The management is very keen on grooming leaders and supportive in providing growth opportunities to employees based on employees interests and professional goals. All in all it is an awesome company to be part of

Cons

Sometimes the employees get stretched in multiple projects/directions which could impact productivity/create stress, but I realize the management is trying to minimize such situations

Keep up the good work, maintain the entrepreneurial environment and flat culture

One of the best companies to work for if you are looking for growth

Current Employee - Technical Pre-Sales in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Pre-Sales in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at iLink-Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Tremendous growth for talented people, Got opportunity to work with some of the best and smartest people in IT industry, The best place for work-life balance, HR goes extra mile to help employees in difficulty, You can directly talk to CEO to discuss any issues, Works on cutting edge technologies in the industry,

Cons

If someone is lazy and wants to just time pass without working, this is the not the company to work for

Keep pushing the barriers

Excellent place for growth!

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you want to try yourself in a variety of latest & hot technologies, undoubtedly this is the best place for you. Work from home and flexible timing options are available for the employees which makes work-life balance extremely good. Training on latest technologies are conducted on a weekly basis and learning will be motivated and recognized. So to say, you will be followed-up on your learning goals regularly :-) Learning materials are provided/facilitated for the learning goals set by you. People are really very warm, friendly and more importantly, accessible. Personally, this is very important for me. Well being of employees is considered as priority which makes you feel important. Concerns will be addressed earnestly by the HR team and manager. Special thanks to the HR Team who handled the on-boarding challenges extremely well and with much sensitivity.

Cons

Haven't noticed any cons till date.

Way to go!

Worst Place!

I worked at iLink-Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Hard working and Smart People.
    - Decent Projects.
    - Okay Work/Life Balance.

Cons

- Bad Pay.
    - Limited Opportunities.
    - Lack of Company Culture.
    - No Diversity in Company.(Mostly Indians)

- Fix the lot of holes and focus on Employee benefits to retain the Existing talent.

cheapo management. no projects

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at iLink-Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lot of smart people . company keep you on bench even if no projects.

Cons

CEO is a penny pincher. there is no project managers in the company and no proper processes is followed. The CEO keeps saying that this is a CMM level 3 company. not even simple HR processes is followed! the management is a bunch of lies.

fix the HR processes and listen to your employees.

iLink-Systems Photos