iLuv

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

iLuv is changing now

ProsThis is the place where you can learn more than what you imagine. if you like challenges then you will enjoy it. also, company is moving forward now. small changes has been made and it will become huge changes later on. moving slow but steady.

Consfew small thing such has bit conflicts between each dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementPls. encourage all employees

A failing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsOpportunities to gain experience with a variety of tasks

ConsLow employee morale
    Cutbacks on benefits & salaries
    Unprofessional management and culture

Advice to Senior ManagementPointing fingers is not conducive to a healthy and productive working environment.

Don't even try to get hired here.

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsYou can build connections with talented and hard-working coworkers.

ConsToo many.. No consideration for employees as you can see they hire 8 people and fired 4 in three month. People are coming and going constantly. Don't even try to remember new people's names. Blaming games. No direction. Very very low salary. Intern driven company. So they take advantage of the visa situation from Korean people. It's slavery. 8am to 10 pm everyday. Too bad.. there's no zero star.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bullshitting and focus on the direction. Don't ever say "just do it, this is same as a boot camp". If you give a clear direction properly, employees don't need to waste time so much and you don't need to pay overtime. Oh, you never pay overtime. Never mind.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid at all cost !!!

(Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey do have some genuinely talented and hard working employees who go unnoticed and are overshadowed by unqualified top management.
    Oh, and free coffee.

ConsDon't be fooled by these "5 star" ratings by the HR. HR makes it sound like bad reviews are by few disgruntled ex-employees, but you may hit up any of the former or current employees (Koreans, non-Koreans, staffs to GM's) via linkedin and they will all tell you the same nightmare stories.

This company gives a whole new meaning to turnover. We have people leaving voluntarily and involuntarily from 2 days to 2 months from the hiring date after getting a little taste of company's atmosphere. Turn over ratio is unbelievable. Most of old timers do not waste time memorizing the names of new employees because no one knows for sure whether they will last or not. Reasons for these high turnovers? You may ask any of the former or current employees...

High turnovers, lack of experience by the management, hostile work environment, lack of innovation, and disgruntled employees are all directly affecting the sales downward.

Get true feedbacks from former employees and stay away!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLess talking and more action.
    Talking does not generate sales.

Welcome to the North Korea in the US

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou will get to see and learn why Korean-Americans are so successful

ConsTop managements is always right and not to be challenged. So much work and you are not allowed to go home until your manager does. Since it is small family run company, you will learn what is dictatorship means. They usually like to hire Koreans without a green card. Since, they have no place to go, they obey and listen whatever the top management says. Managements usually ask for you must sacrifice for the company since they offer a job. It was the longest of my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, do not exploited poor young Koreans who just graduated from college. Finally, you are not in the North Korea.

Performance driven

Manager (Current Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsOpportunity of growth: you can reach out to more opportunities as you propose
    Dynamic: very dynamic environment allows you to adapt yourself to new trend
    Experience: tangible experience with your added value

ConsNeed strong management skill to deal with high workload

A revolving door company with extremely high turnover rate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany talent and hard working employees. Good location, nice building. Working opportunity with Asia office and suppliers. Interesting work.

ConsPoor work ethnics, expected to stay late after normal work hours. Management think they are in higher class and not to be challenged. "Yes Sir only"

Advice to Senior ManagementMicromanagment and dictatorship tactics don't work in America.Trust your employees to do their work. They want a career and not to be part of your family.

You will get more than what you put in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsI used to work here and I can guess the people who wrote the negative comments. I have worked at a few companies and I think all places have people like this. I am glad they are gone actually even if it means the rest of the team has to take up the slack on until new people are hired because negative attitudes are a poison and cancer to a company. Some people work only for salary and title, and I saw them leave for rest of day even though rest of team needed their answers, support, etc. These people are not responsible, period. We all know people like this and are always glad to see them leave.

iLuv is in very competitive field and I know they people who work hard to WIN, not just to work hard. No one every told me to stay late, work harder or anything like that. I try to finish my job and to do it well - that is what I was paid to do plus i want to support my team. Clock punchers are not needed in the competitive mobile business.

There is a great team with really great people at iLuv...no doubt about that and I know they will do well. People are really sincere, and if you can't go to battle with people like that on your team you have a real ego issue and think you are better than everyone. Yes, I saw people like that at iLuv and they were fired really fast, thank god.

If you perform, you get opportunity. Sometimes people are not ready for that opportunity but they get it.

ConsSometimes people get an opportunity they are not ready for which can hurt the team if it does not work out. Salarymen should not apply - you need to be aggressive, business minded and want to beat the big guys in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire any more high ego people...

Stress level beyond belief

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. They have some hard working and good people

Cons1. Horrible environment - they do not know how to take care of employees
    2. Incompetent management - They don't understand basic things and do not want to take responsibility for anything. They simply exist to give out more work
    3. Long working hours - people are afraid to go home at the close of business day for some reason
    4. Many more that is too long to list here

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees - you exist because of them. They don't exist because of you.
    Spend some time thinking about employee retention
    In this age of the Internet, word spreads fast - if people don't want to come work there, there is a really good reason why. Everything comes back to you somehow

Great team, products, working on improvements

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Port Washington, NY

ProsHard working, dedicated staff, Executive team is very passionate about the business. iLuv is a diverse global company with global sales channels. Open to change and making improvements to grow the company every day.

ConsTypical cons of all large companies minus a lot of the politics, but nothing worth commenting about. The other posts are partially accurate IMO, (or based on their experience, mine is somewhat different) iLuv is a US company and I appreciate the opportunities I have with iLuv. It is about working smart with results not working long hours and burning yourself out. Peaks and valleys of work flow….

Worked for iLuv? Contribute to the Community!