iMagicLab Reviews

Really nice company.

Current Employee - Product Developer  in  Cockeysville, MD
    Current Employee - Product Developer in Cockeysville, MD

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting technology and really great customers. Work life balance was right on from day one and continues to be now almost 7 months later!

Cons

Always a few bad apples but they're identified early on. The lower level rank and file consist of part-time people and they're not career minded. A necessary evil I suppose.

Get rid of the decaf coffee and stock more red bull lol

Senior Account Representative / Trainer

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative/Trainer  in  Sparks, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Account Representative/Trainer in Sparks, MD

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was OK to work at for awhile. The lunch room was a nice touch. Most of the people were nice to work with for as long as they lasted which was usually a very short time.

Cons

What a revolving door company. Hang on to your hat. Very few people last or stay long. It's not because they are incompetent or bad workers. It's the owners of the company. They change directions so many times that you never know what your job is, will be or if you will even have one. Forget any kind of pay raises or job promotions. They do a fantastic job of selling the company as a "forward thinking bastion of progressive career challenges", but in reality you have to hold on as long as you can, until something better comes along or you get tired and leave. After 6 months working their you get the same glazed smile as everyone else. There are very few employees who have been there long term, and of those who are long term employees, their advice to new employees is to "Tell the Senior owner whatever he wants to hear" . If you want to go through bi annual company shake ups, low health benefits , a fixed pay check with no career advancement, then this is the company for you.

Remove the dead wood from senior management. pay realistic benefits, Be honest with your employees. Actually make a realistic business plan and implement it. Changing directions every six months does not make your company 'nimble, adjusting to changing market conditions'. It makes your company look like a boat that has no rudder blowing in the wind. Also a challenge for management, accept the critique from employees and former employees. Posting a bunch of fake positive reviews will not change what reality is for this company and the people who work there.

Great place

Current Employee - National Trainer
    Current Employee - National Trainer

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work remotely and have for some time now. The company is fantastic! Always thinking about what is best for the company and for it's employees, not it's bottom line. Everyone within the company is willing to teach you the areas you do not know. Everyone shows patience while learning and complete understanding. A great place to learn and to grow.

Cons

There are no cons to speak of.

Keep doing what you do!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An ever evolving company.

Current Employee - National Trainer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - National Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday you're retaining information and communicating with new people. Upper management and co-workers make you feel like you've known them for years right off the bat and will point you in the right direction without hesitation. A technology company always looking for ways to upgrade

Cons

No cons coming from me! It's not working when you enjoy what you do and the people around you.

Keep doing what you're doing. Most companies make it difficult to be open and this is the exact opposite.

Amazing

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for iMagicLab is an absolute dream. I enjoy every interaction I have be it with a co-worker, the engineers, the VP or the CEO. Wonderful environment: fun, supportive, intellectual... DREAM
    The CEO regularly refers to the company as "our company" and corrects you if you call it "his company"- he is always available to answer questions and bounce ideas off of. Very "door is always open" kind of guy.

Cons

The health insurance is a dream- how annoying is THAT? (Yes, that's a PRO, but I was required to type something here)

An environment suited to growth and innovation.

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time

Pros

Being part of a growing company, with outstanding products, and great people. It is exciting to work with an enthusiastic, hard working and focused team. From the CEO down, everyone is more than willing to make themselves, knowledge, and resources available for the betterment of the team. A healthy balance of work, and personal time is not only accepted, but encouraged! This is seemingly rare these days, unfortunately.

Cons

Being surrounded by such a dedicated, hard working group, it can create a drive to push yourself harder, to be better. Which is not by any means, a bad thing.

Keep it up!

IMAGICLAB IS AN OVERALL LET DOWN.

Former Employee - Customer Care  in  Shawan at Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Shawan at Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at iMagicLab part-time for less than a year

Pros

The free coffee and snacks are about the only pros the company has. Besides a nice cool office.

Cons

The management is horrible. They keep you in the dark and give false promises. They hire people to work and furlough them because they are not prepared. They have no care for their employees. They also terminate employees through email. The CEO is cool. Everyone else is basically just a lap dog working for a bone. This is not as good a compqny as they proclaim to be. They higher up people will be sucessful. The part time people are best to find another job that has more to offer. Horrible management.

Have your blueprint put together before you start building. Be more honest with your employees. Have some understanding with your employees. Lose the ego.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, small CRM/ software technology company. Decent starting compensation, friendly office and work environment. The software had great potential which was an exciting aspect of working for the company.

Cons

A very volatile company - i.e. The company was not ready to exceed 50 employees, which caused the need for massive cutbacks, the reorganization of job responsibilities, and very heavy workloads for those remaining. These are the growing pains of a small company struggling to keep above water.

Fast paced and forward thinking. Definitely a technology company. There's no doubt about that!

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at iMagicLab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hires solutions, not management trainees which is nice for the staff and the clients as there's very little frustration. I can appreciate the fast paced environment and the people required to achieve it. I loved it there.

Cons

Personally I didn't love the drive but that's on me because I live in Delaware. My wife and I thought long and hard about relocating but with my daughter's school and my wife's job it just ended up not being possible.

Keep doing what you're doing. Growth is strong and product is stable. And if I end up moving to Maryland PLEASE keep my office open for me!

Kind of place where one day the boss orders his employees to write a positive review on glassdoor.

I worked at iMagicLab full-time

Pros

Stable company in terms of financial health. Dont have to drive downtown as they are in Hunt Valley.

Cons

High employee turnover. Poor / no communication. Big ego at the top with a lapdog sidekick at his side. Not a positive experience.

Take your medication. Dial down the ego , you are not Steve Jobs.

Worked for iMagicLab? Contribute to the Community!