iMagicLab

Add Photos

Keith Latman

Really nice company.

Product Developer (Current Employee) Cockeysville, MD

ProsExciting technology and really great customers. Work life balance was right on from day one and continues to be now almost 7 months later!

ConsAlways a few bad apples but they're identified early on. The lower level rank and file consist of part-time people and they're not career minded. A necessary evil I suppose.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the decaf coffee and stock more red bull lol

Great place

National Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsI work remotely and have for some time now. The company is fantastic! Always thinking about what is best for the company and for it's employees, not it's bottom line. Everyone within the company is willing to teach you the areas you do not know. Everyone shows patience while learning and complete understanding. A great place to learn and to grow.

ConsThere are no cons to speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do!

An ever evolving company.

National Trainer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEveryday you're retaining information and communicating with new people. Upper management and co-workers make you feel like you've known them for years right off the bat and will point you in the right direction without hesitation. A technology company always looking for ways to upgrade

ConsNo cons coming from me! It's not working when you enjoy what you do and the people around you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Most companies make it difficult to be open and this is the exact opposite.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing

ProsWorking for iMagicLab is an absolute dream. I enjoy every interaction I have be it with a co-worker, the engineers, the VP or the CEO. Wonderful environment: fun, supportive, intellectual... DREAM
    The CEO regularly refers to the company as "our company" and corrects you if you call it "his company"- he is always available to answer questions and bounce ideas off of. Very "door is always open" kind of guy.

ConsThe health insurance is a dream- how annoying is THAT? (Yes, that's a PRO, but I was required to type something here)

An environment suited to growth and innovation.

ProsBeing part of a growing company, with outstanding products, and great people. It is exciting to work with an enthusiastic, hard working and focused team. From the CEO down, everyone is more than willing to make themselves, knowledge, and resources available for the betterment of the team. A healthy balance of work, and personal time is not only accepted, but encouraged! This is seemingly rare these days, unfortunately.

ConsBeing surrounded by such a dedicated, hard working group, it can create a drive to push yourself harder, to be better. Which is not by any means, a bad thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsHigh energy, small CRM/ software technology company. Decent starting compensation, friendly office and work environment. The software had great potential which was an exciting aspect of working for the company.

ConsA very volatile company - i.e. The company was not ready to exceed 50 employees, which caused the need for massive cutbacks, the reorganization of job responsibilities, and very heavy workloads for those remaining. These are the growing pains of a small company struggling to keep above water.

Fast paced and forward thinking. Definitely a technology company. There's no doubt about that!

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsHires solutions, not management trainees which is nice for the staff and the clients as there's very little frustration. I can appreciate the fast paced environment and the people required to achieve it. I loved it there.

ConsPersonally I didn't love the drive but that's on me because I live in Delaware. My wife and I thought long and hard about relocating but with my daughter's school and my wife's job it just ended up not being possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Growth is strong and product is stable. And if I end up moving to Maryland PLEASE keep my office open for me!

IMAGICLAB IS AN OVERALL LET DOWN.

Customer Care (Former Employee) Shawan at Hunt Valley, MD

ProsThe free coffee and snacks are about the only pros the company has. Besides a nice cool office.

ConsThe management is horrible. They keep you in the dark and give false promises. They hire people to work and furlough them because they are not prepared. They have no care for their employees. They also terminate employees through email. The CEO is cool. Everyone else is basically just a lap dog working for a bone. This is not as good a compqny as they proclaim to be. They higher up people will be sucessful. The part time people are best to find another job that has more to offer. Horrible management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your blueprint put together before you start building. Be more honest with your employees. Have some understanding with your employees. Lose the ego.

Kind of place where one day the boss orders his employees to write a positive review on glassdoor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable company in terms of financial health. Dont have to drive downtown as they are in Hunt Valley.

ConsHigh employee turnover. Poor / no communication. Big ego at the top with a lapdog sidekick at his side. Not a positive experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your medication. Dial down the ego , you are not Steve Jobs.

Terrible leadership, wonderful employees

Software Developer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsFree Coffee, Great location, Nice View

ConsBipolar Boss. Keeping employees in the dark and then criticize them for not knowing what is going on. Have employees be responsible for something without giving them authority or proper instruction to get the work done. Over all narcissism and negative work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stop bullying and treating everyone like they are stupid or incompetent. It makes for a terrible work environment and robs hard working, talented people out of any joy they get from doing their job. Failure to trust employees is not a very good path to follow when striving for so called "success". BIG FAIL.

Worked for iMagicLab? Contribute to the Community!