iMagicLab Reviews

3.7
Keith Latman

1. Don't Believe the Hype - Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Forward thinking and progressive with a great management team. Products are cutting edge, the benefits package is great and I love the people I work with. I've been here for 4 years, not a newbie, but the things written on here anonymously must be from competitors or people who got fired.

Cons

I'd like the matching 401k to be at a higher rate

2. CEO is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagiclab is the best company ever. It is so hip and fresh. I was given an amazing opportunity fresh out of High School. I was hired by the CEO (who is hot!!), so hot you may want to get his initials tattooed on you!! This place offers tons of opportunities for advancement, tons official and non-official benefits , *wink* *wink*. The office environment is super upbeat and positive not like those low-lifers from Baltimore. Everything is super organized and positive. Nobody lies to you. The company has tons of money...like hundreds of them. The most stable, and only job I have ever had!!

Cons

The Baltimore office but they're gone so none.

Advice to Management

I love you!!!

iMagicLab Response

Aug 31, 2015 – HR Manager

This is uncalled for. Degrading others and pretending you are someone you are not on here is nothing but childish. Please contact HR immediately, since you claim to be a current employee.

Best to Avoid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company snack and outings even though these were obviously designed to get people to overlook the day to day mayhem created by the CEO. The office was dated and the hierarchy internally was skewed,

Cons

The ceo was an egomaniac that really should not be leading people on a day to day basis. Everyday everyone felt like they were walking on egg shells.

Advice to Management

Retire and hire a real manager.

One of the best companies out there!

Current Employee - National Trainer in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first joined this company I had no idea what I was in for. To my extremely pleasant surprise, I found myself surrounded by an incredible team. Right off the bat I was welcomed to the iMagicLab team and assured that if I needed help with anything, the help would be available. The work is fast-paced but it keeps you on your toes. Keith Latman, along with the many Department Directors, has hired an amazing staff of team players. The company notices talent and promotes from within. Individuals are encouraged to share their ideas to help the company grow as a whole. Hands down one of the best employers I have ever worked for.

Cons

The individuals who tried to be a part of the company and slacked off. In order to be a part of iMagicLab you need to work hard, there is no room for slackers.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I appreciate the opportunities I have been given and the environment that has been created at the company.

Innovative, Passionate, TEAM

Current Employee - Sales and Training in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Sales and Training in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that is committed to be #1. Whether it's the tools that are developed, customer support offered to our clients, and our client relations, the CEO is passionate about delivering the very best experience. I have read the reviews, I felt compelled to share my experience. The office IS nice. My co-workers are driven, and completely committed to delivering the best experience for our clients. Our products are "Next Level", which means they are continuously getting better and changing. Working in an environment that's creative and is pushing the boundaries, requires passion. If you are a driven, committed, TEAM player that wants to hone your craft to be a leader in the field, then come on! If not...

Cons

The only "Con" that comes to mind, and it's only for some people, is change. For me, I embrace change. It means we're growing and becoming better, pushing our own limits and creating new boundaries. There may be some that aren't comfortable with that.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and developing the tools we support, never stop the vision of growth and the "Category of 1" mentality that pushes us all, every day.

Amazing Career!

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Constant encouragement from management - Multiple career and advancement opportunities - Lively work environment - Genuine care for employees and customers - Fantastic benefits and wages

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback about iMagicLab.

Exciting Future!!!

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Sarasota, FL

Pros

I really enjoy working here! The environment is great with wonderful people to work with. This is an absolute TEAMWORK kind of job. I can't wait to see where mine other colleagues futures lead from here! iMagicLab is always growing and has many different opportunities for anyone to grow and management has definitely changed here with great results in my opinion. I was looking for a career change and this place definitely delivered!

Cons

Being new here, I don't really have anything to say. I believe that as long as you are determined and always ready and on your toes to learn, you'll do great here!

Advice to Management

No advice really, but seeing the growth here is amazing!

9. My review

Pros

Great innovative company and people

Cons

Requires long work hours daily

Advice to Management

Keep things going as they are

Just terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent location, free parking. that about does it.

Cons

My first day I was pulled aside by a veteran employee who warned me about what I had gotten myself into. He used the words, "narcissistic and biploar" in a sentence describing the CEO. I shook it off, chalking it up in my mind that this person was simply disgruntled. Boy was I wrong. Many of the reviews here describe the atmosphere and environment very accurately. As a professional with 15 years of work experience, this was simply the most awful and negative place I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

Start over. Take the owner out of day to day management.

Terrible management, and a stressful work environment

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cockeysville, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were delightful people Good atmosphere when the CEO isn't around

Cons

The CEO, Richard Keith Latman, does not have the faintest idea of how to effectively manage employees. Most work is assigned directly by Keith himself. This can and does go wrong in a variety of ways: Sometimes, Keith will give a vague description of the project he wants done. If you ask for more details, he will tell you to "figure it out" or "just get it done." After you've worked on this project for a few days or weeks, and sent several progress updates to Keith, he will tell you that everything you've done is wrong. It's time to start over, and you'd better work twice as fast. Other times, Keith will be very specific about what he wants. It doesn't matter that his solution goes against all standard conventions. It doesn't matter that there is a better solution that would be quicker and easier to implement. Keith could do your job better than you in half the time, so he's not going to listen to your advice. Don't forget the mandatory design changes once you've completed 80% of the project. How do you feel about violating open-source software license agreements? Keith sure doesn't seem to care, and will specifically tell you to avoid wasting any time trying to adhere to them. What about benefits? How does guaranteed yearly salary increase, unlimited PTO, a 6% 401k match, and a fully stocked break room sound? If you said, "too good to be true," you were right. All of these benefits were removed shortly after I was hired. In addition to all of this, Keith has no problem laying off employees with absolutely zero notice and almost no severance pay. So, if you're planning on working for iMagicLab, be sure to keep your resume updated. You might need to find a new job very soon. Also, don't trust all the 4 and 5 star reviews. Keith makes his employees write them.

Advice to Management

Keith, take a step back and reconsider your role as CEO. The way you interact with employees and direct projects is only causing problems for the company. At the very least, try listening to your employees, and actually form a plan about the projects that need to be completed. You'll save a lot of time and money.

RSS Feed </> Embed