iModules

Fred Weiss

Wonderful Place to Work!

Current Employee - Client Services in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Client Services in Leawood, KS

I have been working at iModules full-time (more than an year)

Pros

iModules has a great work / life Balance, a wonderful team of people, and a solid product. iModules works with an awesome set of clients and I really feel as though I am making a difference in their lives. The culture is really laid back with a causal dress code. They also offer 1/2 Friday during the Summer, like most software companies.

Cons

-Make sure to stick to product road map and strive to implement any enhancements quicker. I think this alone would take the company a long ways.

Keep up the good work!

Good so far

I have been working at iModules full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a very friendly place to work. Good folks. Working in higher ed feels good to working for an oil company or military-industrial complex employer, so that part is great too. Hours are very manageable and there's some flexibility when needed (not really available in my last job)

Cons

Why no free snacks? $.50 for a pop? Seems cheap. I don't swill down coffee like some folks, but still want my buzz and an occasional cookie. There are doughnuts on Friday, but why not snacks everyday? I spend more time looking for $0.75 in change to get a Snickers bar than the company could afford.

Keep up the good culture, but reconsider having us pay for our own cheap snacks.

Great place to work: supportive environment and a dedicated team

I have been working at iModules full-time

Pros

Coworkers and management are some of the most friendly and approachable people I have ever worked with. The atmosphere is supportive and team-oriented. There is an emphasis on customer service, and everyone is genuinely dedicated to that cause. Clients consistently report an overall happiness with the products and services. The software developers and other product staff have amazing talent. The company also provides some great perks!

Cons

Occasionally, there is a lack of communication or organization between departments. The company is growing faster than its space and is overcrowded in some areas of the building.

Continue to allow your client-facing teams to drive more product and development decisions for the company.

Challenging work with great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

I have been working at iModules full-time

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and the atmosphere is mostly positive. It's a growing company, so there is room for growth and advancement. Can work from home at times (bad weather for example).

Cons

Sometimes things seem disorganized and accomplishments aren't always recognized. The departments don't always do a good job of sharing information.

Recognize anniversaries and all of the various projects going on. Fantastic Fridays should stay around.

Milking High Education

Former Employee - Senior IT Staffer in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Senior IT Staffer in Leawood, KS

I worked at iModules full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I went to work at iModules because they had a start-up feel and seemed to be doing good in the world. That changed with new leadership in 2012. The focus shifted from innovation to revenue. While this is not a bad thing in itself, it is unseemly to be milking universities and colleges with their for-profit model of fundraising apps.

Cons

iModules made assurances to me when I was brought on, but in the end it was a bait and switch, I was quickly pigeon holed, making the same widget every day. The work was boring, management was not accountable, and overall I felt they were less than honest about employee opportunities for growth.

The IT infrastructure is weak and susceptible to exploitation. It is worthwhile to bring in external security experts to review your systems. Additionally, when senior IT employees save the company six and seven dollar figures on separate occasions, it is better to turn an ear to them rather than ignore them.

iModules Response

Sep 17, 2014President

As the president of iModules, I am proud that we are a business that's grown from start-up to the market leader. We appreciate candid feedback from our staff and customers, and we've made major ... More

Fun culture, but constantly in flux

Former Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at iModules full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees and coworkers are open and friendly, and culture in terms of events to bond and learn from fellow employees are numerous

Cons

Processes and procedures are constantly in flux and subject to management whims, with little to no feedback from the teams impacted. Many changes last just weeks before policies are reverted back or changed again, creating frustrations. The company is also adapting to a changing media and technology environment where institutions are turning to social media and online townhall software over online communities.

Be more open and responsive to coworkers when it comes to policy and procedural changes, especially those impacting the client management team and all coworkers who interface with clients directly.

The people are good

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at iModules full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Did some interesting things with technology

Cons

Very sales driven and not service driven
    higher ups are more bothered with talking behind others backs and undermining them rather than running a company

Focus on the company instead of who you can screw over today

A great place to work

I have been working at iModules

Pros

Still has a start-up atmosphere, which means good opportunity for growth.

Cons

Too many folks near the top of the ladder don't take the time to learn the product or the clients. No 401k match. Heavily focused on sales rather than service.

Recognize, reward and promote those who consistently outperform.

Great growing company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at iModules

Pros

wonderful sense of comadrie, made lifelong friends

Cons

no career path and sometimes felt like my voice wasnt heard

listen to your employees