iPacesetters

iPacesetters CEO Ray Butkus

Ray Butkus

ok job

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Monroe, WI

Prosfun contests and frequent breaks

Consyou do the same thing day in day out

Advice to Senior Managementbetter chairs

Prison Sentence

Telesales Agent (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsDiverse group of people from every background and race come together and learn to communicate on each level. Awesome social experience

ConsAs a top seller my bonus would be reduced if ever I sold too well and retroactive to my last paycheck. I would expect a $400 check and get surprised with a $200 one, and not just once or twice.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make the employees clock out to use the restroom. Allow employees to stand up at their desks, it helps them stay awake.

Great Hours, terrible pay not even working equipment to do your job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Freeport, IL

ProsFlexible hours. The management is friendly. That's about it. The rest is negative which I mentioned below.I cant think of anything else that's positive.

ConsPay, Pay, Pay, and customers ranting at you because they have been called WAY, WAY too many times. The equipment is horrific. The stations are awful. The chairs even suck! People steal personnel things all the time there. The lunch/break room is not a lunch/break room. It’s an open space between offices. People freeze to death in the winter and get heat stroke in the summer. The call floor is one big playpen for adults. Half the time you can’t hear customers on the phone due to either other noisy employees or the equipment is NOT working AGAIN! The management just seems to let the people who are disruptive just continue to work without even giving the perpetrator a warning. When you arrive to work in the morning you have to scour the whole sales floor for equipment that halfway works, chairs, phones the basic things you need TOO WORK! This is an everyday occurrence in the work life at IPacesetters. You can get deductions for halfway failing a QA. That’s right halfway failing. If you go another 5 % then you fail all the way. It’s just plain stupid.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand you (the manager) have your hands partially tied by corporate. But apparently you need to go to battle for the employees. Nothing seems to be accomplished as far as hourly pay, the quality or lack off functional equipment. The way in which deductions are being taken. You want people to be honest with you but when they are… they still get deductions. i.e. going to a dr. or a dentist. WALK THE WALK. You say you are going to improve the QA deductions or do direct deposits but nobody believes you because it doesn’t happen! TALK IS CHEAP! You never follow through with what you say or the other managers say that they are going to improve. Don’t shoot the messenger. But IPacesetters is a horrible place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A job not for me

Floor Agent (Current Employee) Monroe, WI

ProsiPacesetters is a telemarketing firm that works with different companies such as Charter, and Comcast cable companies. It is a very hard, stressful, and challenging job to learn, and you have to have patience, and a high tolerance for verbal abuse. Once you learn the packages, policies, and procedures, it is an awesome job to work with some of the wonderful representatives requesting you to set up orders, schedule installs, or trouble shoot problem accounts. iPacesetters worked with me when I needed time off, due to some extremely challenging courses that I was taking to earn an Associates degree in "Allied Health Science."

ConsiPacesetters is a low end paying job, and I've worked with this company for 8 years when it was Charlton, and merged with the company iPacesetters. When iPacesetters took over, we were told that our rate of pay would remain the same, and that our vacation wouldn't change. Our pay scale was soon lowered to minimum wage, and our two week vacation soon to be three weeks, went to no vacation at all, and only one five minute break per an eight hour shift. After a year and a half of working these conditions, we now earn two ten minute breaks, and receive a vacation day for every 200 or 400 hours worked.
    There are more cons to talk about, but this is the cons that bothers me the most, as a single mother trying to pay my bills on a minimum wage job, and continue to provide for three beautiful children.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't think that this review would ever open the eyes to upper management, because I really don't feel like I'm appreciated for the work that I do at iPacesetters. I feel as if I were just a number, and not recognized as a human benign. I don't even know who upper management is. I've never met them on a personal level, and wouldn't know if they were a Charter, or Comcast Client, let alone the owner of iPacesetters. All I can say is, what if this happened to you??? How would you feel if your checks were cut in half??? I've lived in poverty for the past 2 plus years, and am currently looking for another job. I really don't see your business taking off, you pay all that money training new hires, because the ones in the company don't stay, because the pay is awful... We loose clients and work, because we cannot maintain the professional help required to do our jobs to the fullest.

Awful. Highly not recommended

Administration (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsYou walk away with tons of knowledge. Salary was decent.

ConsYou are surrounded by edgy and moody people. Workload keeps piling up and the headcount continues to decline (layoffs + resignations) combined. This is the case across all divisions. Out-of-pocket medical is a better than their plan which is expensive three digit figure per check for an individual plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and replace them all. Feedback from the bottom line contributors does not count. Show some appreciation for all the thankless hours people put into this company.

Not the best, but better than nothing....

ProsPlenty of people to talk to, and others help out when there are no managers to help. You can get away with alot here that you can't get away with on other jobs.

ConsNo respect for anybody. The managers disrespect the worker bees, and the worker bees resent being spoken down to after busting their butts 8 hours a day keying order after order. Can't find a manager most of the time if you need help and the programs freeze or don't work 75% of the time. Yes, the upper management is getting rich and the bees are severely poor. Bonuses are taken...

Advice to Senior ManagementIf bonuses are given, let them stay, give more incentives, better training, and certainly respect that is deserved, and once in a while, THANK YOU!!!

Poor executive leadership and decision making. American greed at its best.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsIf you are looking for a company to simply collect a paycheck while you find a better opportunity. This is it.

ConsThe company is led by very greedy executives who believe that employees must be given nothing while they are entitled to excessively high salaries. Employees in this company only have 10 vacation days and do not receive standard level insurance benefits. Executives recently laid off many employees with no severance pay and didn't leave enough resources to sustain existing clients. If you want to work for a company that doesn't respect you, want to be led in the wrong direction and be constantly thrown under the bus, work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany investors should consider changing the executive team. Executives constantly lie to save their skin.

How"s the weather?

ProsI do have a job

ConsHow many other people will touch that paperclip you demaned back?

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the paperclip stock.

iPacesetters Management Staff Leadership Skills

ProsIs a Bi-Monthly paycheck, other then this there is no Pro to working for this company.

ConsHorrible leadership,horrible loyalty to long term employees, treatment to Administrative employees, they scream and yell at staff to fix their errors!. Only certain employees get increases, while others bust their hump.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete No Management skills. Harvard taught you nothing about how to treat employees.

Strategy is growth by cutting costs, employee expoitation at the expense of moral, quality and client satisfaction.

ProsSmall company with startup like environment where you can get experience in almost all areas of the business.

ConsEmployees are constantly over worked with shrinking compensation and benefits. Employees are not respected nor are they treated as professionals. Flexibility is demanded from employees to work long hours and complete un realistic over sold and under priced projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people and don't run the place like a factory. The company is only as good as its service when the goods sold are not physical.

Worked for iPacesetters? Contribute to the Community!