iPacesetters

Updated November 4, 2014
2.0

iPacesetters CEO Ray Butkus
Ray Butkus

Great, sad to leave...but with the Whitewater center's closing we will be parting ways. A great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Whitewater, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Whitewater, WI

I have been working at iPacesetters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, casual atmosphere, and flexible scheduling.

Cons

QA and schedule deductions are a pain

Keep doing what you do :)

Joke, it;s a miracle it still operates.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Whitewater, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Whitewater, WI

I worked at iPacesetters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and a pay check. That;s really it sadly.

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, lack of communication, unprofessional-ism, politics, do not reward you for learning more, and the list goes on
    I worked here for 2 years, was there longer than most management, my manager kept changing, more and more work was getting outsourced to save the company $. I read an email from the center manager that said, "Find him, fix him, or term him" because I was not selling enough. Horrible markets or campaigns to try and sell. unreasonable requests for handle time for what needs to be done. Quality, experienced, and well liked people were passed over for management for less experienced, less reliable, and overall bad agents because they were liked by management or had "management experience". Managers are not to date agents, but one manager got his agent pregnant. The manager in charge of a certain market lost more business for us than gained. More than a few managers came into work high, or got high on the job.

Get a clue, lay off the drugs, promote those that are loyal, spend more time on the phones, learn to use the software, don't sleep with your agents, and reward those who deserve it.

ok place to work

I worked at iPacesetters (more than 3 years)

Pros

enjoyed the upbeat people and enviornment

Cons

uppermngmnt needs help in communication

Unprofessional and incompetent, simply put, liars, looking to pay suckers willing to earn less than minimum wage.

Former Employee - Sales in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Mesa, AZ

I worked at iPacesetters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training lady was nice and I met some nice people there. I feel sorry for the few supervisors who do seem to have a clue as to what they’re doing.

Cons

They lost my application results. The girl who hired me swore during the interview. She had the janitor\handyman make copies of my ID’s. She lied to me during my interview. Each supervisor contradicts the other concerning technical aspects of the job, which affects how much you get paid (which is minimum wage). If you don’t believe me, look at your 1st check. Multiply 7.90 x the hours you worked. Am I right? You're not allowed to park in their parking lot. Break room is filthy and you're forced to eat with people smoking those stupid e-cigarettes. I could go on.

Focus on retention of hard working intelligent employees instead of hiring and promoting your drug addled friends and relatives. There. I've just given more sound advice and wisdom that I got from the company in the three weeks I was dumb enough to work there.

Drug addicts everywhere

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mesa, AZ

I worked at iPacesetters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you love doing drugs and need help finding them this is the place to go. When upper management isn't high as a kite they're usually peddling drugs out the front door.

Cons

Hypocritical team managers, dishonest payment changes, very unprofessional work environment. Favoritism which leads to increase in salary

Grow a backbone

It's crazy! They take your bonus every pay check!

Current Employee - Sales in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at iPacesetters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't think of one. They are liars!

Cons

They rip you off! You make a lot of sales and they tell you that you are going to make so much money. But then you get your check and you make no money. You make no money. if you can live off of $1000 a month maybe, then this would be the job for you. I want verification of what they are ducting from my check. But everybody's too busy to tell me.

You need to have an orientation to sit people down and tell them what you're going to be taking out of their checks and why. Don't lie to people. Before they accept the job, and start training. Quit wasting peoples time. that's why you're so sneaky about it. .Because if people knew the actual money they would make they would go somewhere else. And you greedy don't care!

ok job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Monroe, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Monroe, WI

I have been working at iPacesetters part-time

Pros

fun contests and frequent breaks

Cons

you do the same thing day in day out

better chairs

Prison Sentence

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Mesa, AZ

I worked at iPacesetters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diverse group of people from every background and race come together and learn to communicate on each level. Awesome social experience

Cons

As a top seller my bonus would be reduced if ever I sold too well and retroactive to my last paycheck. I would expect a $400 check and get surprised with a $200 one, and not just once or twice.

Don't make the employees clock out to use the restroom. Allow employees to stand up at their desks, it helps them stay awake.

Great Hours, terrible pay not even working equipment to do your job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

I worked at iPacesetters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours. The management is friendly. That's about it. The rest is negative which I mentioned below.I cant think of anything else that's positive.

Cons

Pay, Pay, Pay, and customers ranting at you because they have been called WAY, WAY too many times. The equipment is horrific. The stations are awful. The chairs even suck! People steal personnel things all the time there. The lunch/break room is not a lunch/break room. It’s an open space between offices. People freeze to death in the winter and get heat stroke in the summer. The call floor is one big playpen for adults. Half the time you can’t hear customers on the phone due to either other noisy employees or the equipment is NOT working AGAIN! The management just seems to let the people who are disruptive just continue to work without even giving the perpetrator a warning. When you arrive to work in the morning you have to scour the whole sales floor for equipment that halfway works, chairs, phones the basic things you need TOO WORK! This is an everyday occurrence in the work life at IPacesetters. You can get deductions for halfway failing a QA. That’s right halfway failing. If you go another 5 % then you fail all the way. It’s just plain stupid.

I understand you (the manager) have your hands partially tied by corporate. But apparently you need to go to battle for the employees. Nothing seems to be accomplished as far as hourly pay, the quality or lack off functional equipment. The way in which deductions are being taken. You want people to be honest with you but when they are… they still get deductions. i.e. going to a dr. or a dentist. WALK THE WALK. You say you are going to improve the QA deductions or do direct deposits but nobody believes you because it doesn’t happen! TALK IS CHEAP! You never follow through with what you say or the other managers say that they are going to improve. Don’t shoot the messenger. But IPacesetters is a horrible place to work.

A job not for me

Current Employee - Floor Agent in Monroe, WI
    Current Employee - Floor Agent in Monroe, WI

I have been working at iPacesetters full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

iPacesetters is a telemarketing firm that works with different companies such as Charter, and Comcast cable companies. It is a very hard, stressful, and challenging job to learn, and you have to have patience, and a high tolerance for verbal abuse. Once you learn the packages, policies, and procedures, it is an awesome job to work with some of the wonderful representatives requesting you to set up orders, schedule installs, or trouble shoot problem accounts. iPacesetters worked with me when I needed time off, due to some extremely challenging courses that I was taking to earn an Associates degree in "Allied Health Science."

Cons

iPacesetters is a low end paying job, and I've worked with this company for 8 years when it was Charlton, and merged with the company iPacesetters. When iPacesetters took over, we were told that our rate of pay would remain the same, and that our vacation wouldn't change. Our pay scale was soon lowered to minimum wage, and our two week vacation soon to be three weeks, went to no vacation at all, and only one five minute break per an eight hour shift. After a year and a half of working these conditions, we now earn two ten minute breaks, and receive a vacation day for every 200 or 400 hours worked.
    There are more cons to talk about, but this is the cons that bothers me the most, as a single mother trying to pay my bills on a minimum wage job, and continue to provide for three beautiful children.

I really don't think that this review would ever open the eyes to upper management, because I really don't feel like I'm appreciated for the work that I do at iPacesetters. I feel as if I were just a number, and not recognized as a human benign. I don't even know who upper management is. I've never met them on a personal level, and wouldn't know if they were a Charter, or Comcast Client, let alone the owner of iPacesetters. All I can say is, what if this happened to you??? How would you feel if your checks were cut in half??? I've lived in poverty for the past 2 plus years, and am currently looking for another job. I really don't see your business taking off, you pay all that money training new hires, because the ones in the company don't stay, because the pay is awful... We loose clients and work, because we cannot maintain the professional help required to do our jobs to the fullest.