iPayment Reviews

Reset
2.8
Greg Daily

1. Love it here...

I have been working at iPayment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transparency into strategic goals and objectives, positive work environment, expanding portfolio of customer offerings (equals more opportunity), new members of the executive team, positive vibe.

Cons

Some areas of the office are a bit tired.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the employee engagement!

2. It was a good experience. Would consider going back if given the opportunity

I worked at iPayment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The schedule was very flexible. The management was great to work with and the products and services were good and you felt like you were providing a good service.

Cons

The usual for any job. As a customer rep you deal with the typical things about clients not knowing what to do with the product.

Good ol boys club.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at iPayment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Checks cleared and they had a good program for fair to bad credit for business owners.

Cons

Did not value an inside sales team. I was the sales manager, and they had a sales manager they knew. He came to work every day in flip flops, and after I did all the hard work after the merger, they laid me off. I don't want to sound like a whiner... anyways, that guy got fired, the c-level players got pushed out...

Advice to Management

Swift current clip swiftly.

Poor company-low pay, poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at iPayment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free bagels on Friday, but that's it.

Cons

The manager in my area needed classes to learn how to manage! I could do a better job, in fact, a monkey could. There is a high turn-over of employees due to the extremely low pay for the amount of work expected. There is blatant favoritism, which annoys me to no end. All employees should be treated equally and while I received excellent reviews and was 'promoted', ie given more work with no extra pay because I was fast, I was not treated as one of the long-timers, the 'pets'. Irritating and unfair. There MUST be equality in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage, learn to treat all of your employees as valuable assets. Recognize an employee's strong points and weak points-that's effective management!

6. Good Experience, but managed poorly

I worked at iPayment

Pros

Without a doubt, you will have a workload here. So if you like to learn by repetition and high volume, this is the place for you. I honestly learned a lot and one of the advantages is you can make small mistakes without huge consequences. Management at the Executive level is actually really excellent. Some of the nicest individuals I've ever dealt with. Never too busy to take a question. Good benefits. One of the few places that do matching on their 401K as well as having the option of a 401K - Roth.

Cons

My biggest gripe was with management. Their expectations at the managerial level over their low-level employees is either unrealistic or simply unfair. Upward movement seemed out of sight or nonexistent. They pay to fill the position, not to keep you there. At some points, I felt like they were taking advantage of me.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic with your expectations. Keep an open stream of communication and let your employees know that you are on their side.

horrible

Former Employee - Underwriter in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iPayment

Pros

in the time I worked there I got 2 free lunches and free bagels on fridays

Cons

it was a nighmare, my trainer and manager had the worse attitudes I had ever seen. You would Think I hired myself to work there and I was botherieng them every day that I worked there.

Advice to Management

Get an attitude adjustment and maybe the turn around in your employees wouldn't be as high as it is.

8. Excellent

Former Employee - Portfolio Management Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iPayment

Pros

Very friendly people to work with. Best co-workers and management :)

Cons

Extremely strict when it comes to dress code and attendance- which in a way is one of their plus points as well

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

They take advantage of you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at iPayment

Pros

There are a lot of good people there and the benefits are good. It's also located in a nice area to work.

Cons

There are a few members of management that will go out of their way to steal credit for your work and ensure that you will never advance to a real management level. It's an old boys/girls club that no matter what, does not allow outsiders.

Advice to Management

You need to learn how to respect your employees more. There are too many people in management there which have no respect at all. To be fair, there are those that do as well. Just hope you work for the right person.

10. Great Company

Current Employee - Corporate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at iPayment

Pros

Benefits are great for singles

Cons

401k Cont. are quite small

Advice to Management

Work Harder

11. Poor communication, poor management, little opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Account Executive in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Spokane, WA

I worked at iPayment

Pros

Set up your own appointments, make your own schedule on Thursdays and Fridays.

Cons

They don't pay on time. Your deals magically fall apart or don't process when they were supposed to. There is no base. Everyone that is making money in the company is dating. Management doesn't help you succeed or step in to help when your struggling. There aren't any employees that have been with the company more than 6 months that aren't dating each other. The merchants will bite your head off because their bills get screwed up regularly.

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly, offer a small base so people aren't struggling. Try to step in and help people when they are having a tough time rather than just firing them.

RSS Feed </> Embed