iPipeline Reviews

Reset
2.8
iPipeline CEO Tim Wallace
Tim Wallace

Pros
  • flexiable work environment, good people, great platform, (in 9 reviews)

• Great people work here and it can be a lot of fun (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Any company growing as fast as iPipeline is right now is bound to hit growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Control seems to be at such a high level (in 3 reviews)

1. Great place to work

I have been working at iPipeline

Pros

The people are friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

A lot of turnover which results in current employees spending a lot of time bringing new people up to speed.

A mixed bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are good people. Some departments seem to be very cohesive and agreeable. Organization is growing and expanding. Health and wellness activities are pretty regularly offered to employees, from reduced gym membership prices to 5ks, they offer the ability to be active with coworkers.

Cons

Some departments are visibly distressed. Crying happens on occasion, and minimal changes occur to reduce the stress level of employees. Little to no communication across departments, as some facets are completely unaware of problems and remain oblivious.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees. Not the management level ones that will tell you what you want to hear; talk to the "grunts" that are doing the bulk of the work. Be willing to say "No" to clients when they make demands that cannot be met, and stick to estimations offered as opposed to promising a shorter estimate and coming up short. Making money is the goal, sure, but being able to sustain the product and be successful 10 years from now should be more important than the short term.

Jun 8, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for this feedback and your advise to management is dead on. We have provided training on managing client expectations and the ability to manage our customers with realistic expectations ... More

iPipeline Cares!

I have been working at iPipeline

Pros

Ipipeline as a company truly cares about their people! I had a personal situation that was affecting my work and Ipipeline was flexible and empathetic to my issue, and HR went out of their way to even assist in resolving my personal situation. I am thankful for an Employer that looks out for individuals. There are issues and disgruntled people at every company out there, that's just reality, and they exist at Ipipeline, but it's up to us as employees to take on the challenge, be accountable and make an impact.

Cons

Need more Training and additional people in PS.

Advice to Management

Don't Stop Caring! Trust that we are doing the right thing, so we can eliminate any fear that exists. Stop watching the clock, people are working way more than 40 hours a week.

May 4, 2015 – CEO

We just hired our new training manager today! With his leadership and more training we hope to continue to make this a great place to work. Thanks for your feedback and we are listening! Tim

With the disclaimer that I am a recent hire, I am both overwhelmed and impressed with this organization.

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My initial impression is that the majority of the people that work here are highly motivated and actually care about their performance. Additionally, I get the sense that the leadership sincerely cares about their people.

Cons

There is more work than there are employees to perform that work. Additionally, the learning curve for new hires is steep and there are limited resources/documentation for training.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to bring new offices (outside of PA) into the Ipipeline culture.

May 4, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for your positive comments. We are working very hard to add resources and our culture is very important to us. Thanks for being part of the team. Tim

I love it.

Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For me, iPipeline is a place where I look forward to coming to work every day. My team is awesome, and my manager is caring, empowering and my biggest advocate. My professional experience is respected and my skills, opinions and ideas are trusted, appreciated and taken seriously. When I was new to iPipeline, my first impression of the people and culture completely exceeded my expectations. Every person that I bumped into that didn't recognize my face introduced themselves and welcomed me to the company. I was also new to the insurance industry. I couldn't count the number of individuals (at all different levels) that took time to teach me about the industry, the company, our products, or anything else that could make me more successful. My experience at iPipeline has been tremendous. I feel a sense of loyalty to my teammates and the organization as a whole. I feel very well taken care of in my current role and am confident that my growth potential is unlimited.

Cons

While my experience has been superb, I do know that there are others that have not experienced the same satisfaction in their roles. While I admittedly don't know what it's like on a day-to-day basis in other areas of the company, I can relay that they overall vibe of iPipeline is positive. Sure, there are challenges and frustrations across the organization, but I don't think that these issues are unique to iPipeline. Dissatisfaction with areas of management, demanding clients, lack of resources - I don't know of one organization that doesn't battle these issues. I think it's important as a new employee that you ask tough questions when you interview and make sure your expectations are set and the fit is right before you commit. It really helped me in my decision to go with iPipeline and it was the best decision I've made in my career yet.

Advice to Management

Acknowledgement, appreciation and flexibility will go a long way with employees. My assessment is, that in general, iPipeline employees are completely bought in to taking this company to the moon and back, but the flexibility in schedules and acknowledgement of personal time spent to do things right is so important to keep up the passion. From my experience, the management team has a very sincere way of communicating with employees - keep up the informal emails, messages, and transparent details in the company meeting. The values and policies you've implemented have built a foundation to make iPipeline exceptional - stay the course.

Apr 13, 2015 – CEO

Thank you very much for this thoughtful review. Tim

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

iPipeline has some nice perks - massage chairs, company picnics and happy hours, decent benefits. Most of the people are great, hardworking individuals.

Cons

How much space do I have? Upper management and the Executive team are so out of touch with their staff it is truly remarkable. Promotions are based on how popular you are amongst your peers, not based on qualification or experience. The satellite offices are often left to fend for themselves. We feel very stranded and consistently overworked. If you enjoy working weekends and being made to feel that you must constantly check email in your off hours, then iPipeline is for you. If you are seeking a job where your manager will talk down to you and not appreciate your hard work, then iPipeline is DEFINITELY for you.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the board will insist on overhauling many senior members of the Executive team. iPipeline needs a cleanse. There is sadly only a small chance that anyone in current power will execute on the change needed. The need for change at iPipeline is nothing new.

May 4, 2015 – CEO

Please see my comments above, its again a shame you left before we made several of the recent changes to improve our environment in Florida. Tim

One of the horrible companies with horrible project managers(especially from PA office)

Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is full of potholes. The project managers dont trust in you for any work. They just pass the work from one person to other. Management doesnt understand the process to get things done. They just want things to be done in some way thats all they care for. Employees are treated real bad and micro managed by asking status every 30 minutes. If you are new employee,they don't really care for your inputs and they don't care if you leave and the work you have done for them. If you plan to join here then be ready for your career to fail especially if you are developer. The incomplete work gets passed on from one person to other. Its high time management pays some attention to the concerns of employees.

Cons

Free Breakfast,Quarterly massages,wellness breakfast,Game room

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to current employees and give some respect for their work. Be patient to acknowledge the time and effort that goes into the work as everything is new to the developers and their previous experience cannot be applied and everything has to be learnt from start.

May 4, 2015 – CEO

We have definitely had our challenges as we try to improve the Fort Lauderdale location. We do pay attention to all our employees and since this post we have made several people and leadership ... More

Sr Project Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The most positive attribute of this company is the people below Sr. Management. If you should choose to join the company, you must become at part of the "in-crowd" or you will not succeed.

Cons

So many to list, the biggest issue with this company is the micro-management of the Sr leadership team. Some feel the need to destroy careers and personal lives rather than leading individuals to success. If you look at the constant position openings, it should be evident to candidates that this is not a company that you want to be associated with going forward. Compensation: What is sign on an offer sheet is not close to actual. Every excuse is used to hold on to $100's of dollars (aka Pro-rating). Yes, I typed this correctly... $100s!

Advice to Management

Evaluate your leadership team, specifically the top of the Professional Services department. Take time to analyze the attrition rate versus the dollars spent in training and on-boarding individuals. Doesn't it make good business sense to ensure the people are successful rather than making rash or "heated" decisions? More frequently understand the how your people feel about the state of the company and not rely on an annual survey.

May 4, 2015 – CEO

We constantly look at our management team and have had additions to that team to support our growth. I really wish you would come talk to me as many things you say are just not true. All hires over ... More

Depends on your department

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people- hands down the people. There could be flexibility in your department depending on your manager. Decent benefits, great location if you live in the suburbs.

Cons

Favoritism exists here like no other place I have worked before. PS employees are treated like slaves and recruiters are not upfront about the demands (both weekend and nighttime). The salaries do not align with what is expected of you. Those who work the hardest do not reap the benefits. HR is unprofessional and the central vein of gossip in our company. Ironic considering their department. Their follow through is generally poor with an unqualified 'AVP'. The Executive team prides themselves on an open door policy that does not really exist. They, specifically the CEO, are hotheaded and like a big old boys club. Totally out of touch with their workforce. Support is also worked to the bone- you are not told when interviewing for a support role that you will have to work odd hours and holidays, cannot fully participate in quarterly company happy hours and are generally treated as lesser than the rest of the company. IT is severely short staffed. There is a ton of disconnect between departments. Your end of year raise will likely be based on how well liked you are within the company. 4 out of 5 of my colleagues are actively pursuing employment elsewhere. The only reason any of us are still here is because we don't want to leave our colleagues stranded. Don't be fooled by the fake 5 star reviews.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending like you are in touch with your staff. You aren't fooling anyone with your "I appreciate your feedback response". Actually implement some changes.

Mar 31, 2015 – CEO

iPipeline had another record year of growth in 2015—an enviable position for many companies operating in the technology arena today. With that challenge come demands, all of which are placed on our ... More

Stop getting rid of and driving away good people and protecting horrible management-or lack of.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at iPipeline (More than a year)

Pros

Free Breakfast and snacktime. Great people in the trenches. Meditation room. Foosball. Darts. Great receptionist. Convenient location. Good health insurance policy

Cons

Horrible local management by poorly exposed folks to how the rest of the successful world operates. Fancy words with no clue how to execute. No training a free for all on execution.

Advice to Management

Get rid of local management and hire better educated proven backgrounds in SaaS industry. Enforce accountability. Stop getting rid of good people by either firing them to show people what happens when you're not ok with the chaos or driving them away with local mismanagement and poorly executed practices. Going to get worse not sustainable. I am looking to get out asap as are most folks.

Mar 26, 2015 – CEO

I take your advise quite seriously and we have been looking for management talent in Fort Lauderdale to rectify this situation, Unfortunately this is taking longer than necessary. We are trying and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed