iPipeline Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.6

iPipeline CEO Tim Wallace
Tim Wallace

Pros
  • Everyone is extremely friendly creating a warm and professional work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Great people work here and it can be a lot of fun (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There we a lot of growing pains over the past two years but the company seems to have gotten through them and the work load has also come down (in 3 reviews)

• Sales team gives ridiculous dates on to when stuff can get done without consulting high level I (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Comfortable

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work-life balance. Great work environment. Friendly and supportive co-workers. If

Cons

Not much room for growth in development. The company's strategy of acquire, integrate, maintain and outsource makes for a slow-and-steady outlook.

Great Company to Work For

I have been working at iPipeline full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom, autonomy, work/life balance is great most of the year and management is pretty considerate regarding personal matters. High energy atmosphere with lots of company events and celebrations.

Cons

Some employees are resistant to change/new ideas, and there is a lot of activity in certain departments creating a lag in communication at times.

Keep up the great work, but encourage process improvement in every department - and encourage departments to work with each other. Internal communication should be a much higher priority.

Great company with a lot of potential.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is very interesting if you are a technical business analyst looking to dig into the bones of a system. It is different than any job I have worked for. I am actually encouraged to dig in and understand the system! This was not the case in my former employment. In addition, the company is growing which gives the hope that it will be around for a long time.

Cons

The division I am in is in a state of rapid growth so almost 1/3 of us are new to the company with less than a year on the job. This is a great problem to have but the "training program" is very high level and the people who have to do the training are the same people who have to get the bulk of the work done. You need to be a self starter to get through the initial learning curve which I was told is very long. I can see why.

Pay attention to the senior staff and be sensitive to how they are feeling. They are a great bunch of people with a lot to offer but the general feeling is that they are not listened to. Please don't ignore what they are trying to tell you. The training program needs to be looked at as well. The information is there but it is very hard for a new person to know what goes with what and in what sequence.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to work

Current Employee - Data Conversion Team Lead  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Data Conversion Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

a good work environment, I have moved up the ladder with no problems and been treated well. Have been here many years and will probably be here many more.

Cons

Sometimes job advancement slows down in our local office. There is limited space and jobs at our location so job growth can be slow at times.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent culture and they provide a product that is in demand.

Cons

I've only worked only in the Professional Services department, so I can't comment on any other department. To sum up that department, its essentially a sweatshop. Be expected to work long hours and deal with unrealistic customer expectations. Seems like management allows clients to dictate how the project should run and never considers input from members of the internal team. You would also think a software company will have a QA department, but for some reason this company doesn't have one. What makes it worse is the majority of the bonus structure is predicated on the quality of the product delivered. Pay isn't bad but it isn't good. High turnover rate. Career growth is minimal and you will most likely just grow within the department.

To keep it simple, reward and acknowledge your employees for working long hours and putting the work in to meet customer demands.

Positive reviews of this company are fake - written by HR and managers there.

I worked at iPipeline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing. It's a sinking ship, and the rats are in charge.

Cons

Vicious leadership, poisonous workplace, low comp and long hours.

Grow a spine.

Excellent Company Culture

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for less than a year

Pros

All areas and level of iPipeline are energized and engaged. From the interviewing to on-boarding process, everyone has been friendly, helpful and team contributors.

Both the Recruiters and Human Resources team made the experience comfortable, exciting and educational. In my opinion, iPipeline is a Top Notch employer, that I highly recommend.

Cons

At this point, I do not see a down side to this company. I hope that we can continue to recruit talented individuals to strengthen our Team.

Continue with the strong Leadership and commitment to growth, energy, education and inclusion. I'm looking forward to working with our Leader to further develop this talented organization.

Amazed at the corporate culture and growth potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time for less than a year

Pros

High growth potential as the company continues to expand. Amazing training, employee benefits and perks - from company ski trips, organized sporting events, healthy food stocked kitchen or take advantage of the delivery of Custom Fit Meals or CrossFit classes - even quarterly massages! It's very apparent this company cares for the overall health and happiness of their employees!

Cons

There's cons everywhere - it's what you make of it. The high growth of the business definitely causes growing pains but for those that thrive in the entrapranuerial environment - the sky's the limit!!

Keep up the great work!

Amazing in some departments, brutally tough in others.

I have been working at iPipeline full-time

Pros

The company works hard to provide extra services and benefits for their employees, they employ many smart and talented people, they are committed to doing right by their customers.

Cons

Very difficult to advance even when you deliver exceptional results, executive management team is not in alignment on key issues, services department is an extremely difficult environment to work due to long hours, shockingly high turnover, and little accolade.

Modernize the core product to reduce the stress on your services team.

It is what you make of it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at iPipeline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job descriptions are ambiguous enough that if you'd like to do something a little different you can. Makes for a fairly flexible career path.

Upper management is amiable and can be very easy to talk to and get along with.

There are a lot of people willing to help and support you. Great people work here and it can be a lot of fun.

Cons

Job descriptions are ambiguous enough that you are sometimes expected to do things that overextend what you would generally expect in your role, with little to no appreciation.

Upper management does not reflect the ideals the CEO puts forward unless it's already in their nature - and for enough of them it's not.

There are worthy people who get overlooked for promotion - this is partially because management doesn't always seem to know what to look for or what metrics to use and partially because of the social politics of the place. iPipeline is not alone in this element and it isn't rampant, but it happens enough to be a source of contention.

Tim: make sure your team is reflecting your vision. Somewhere along the lines, there is a disconnect. Continue your "town-hall" style lunches to keep in touch with all levels.

To the people: your managers and the managers up the ladder are people just like you. Talk with them. It is what everyone makes of it.

Worked for iPipeline? Contribute to the Community!