iPipeline Reviews

Reset

good place to work

Current Employee - Data Conversion Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Data Conversion Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

a good work environment, I have moved up the ladder with no problems and been treated well. Have been here many years and will probably be here many more.

Cons

Sometimes job advancement slows down in our local office. There is limited space and jobs at our location so job growth can be slow at times.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent culture and they provide a product that is in demand.

Cons

I've only worked only in the Professional Services department, so I can't comment on any other department. To sum up that department, its essentially a sweatshop. Be expected to work long hours and deal with unrealistic customer expectations. Seems like management allows clients to dictate how the project should run and never considers input from members of the internal team. You would also think a software company will have a QA department, but for some reason this company doesn't have one. What makes it worse is the majority of the bonus structure is predicated on the quality of the product delivered. Pay isn't bad but it isn't good. High turnover rate. Career growth is minimal and you will most likely just grow within the department.

Advice to Management

To keep it simple, reward and acknowledge your employees for working long hours and putting the work in to meet customer demands.

Positive reviews of this company are fake - written by HR and managers there.

I worked at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. It's a sinking ship, and the rats are in charge.

Cons

Vicious leadership, poisonous workplace, low comp and long hours.

Advice to Management

Grow a spine.

Excellent Company Culture

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All areas and level of iPipeline are energized and engaged. From the interviewing to on-boarding process, everyone has been friendly, helpful and team contributors. Both the Recruiters and Human Resources team made the experience comfortable, exciting and educational. In my opinion, iPipeline is a Top Notch employer, that I highly recommend.

Cons

At this point, I do not see a down side to this company. I hope that we can continue to recruit talented individuals to strengthen our Team.

Advice to Management

Continue with the strong Leadership and commitment to growth, energy, education and inclusion. I'm looking forward to working with our Leader to further develop this talented organization.

It is what you make of it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at iPipeline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job descriptions are ambiguous enough that if you'd like to do something a little different you can. Makes for a fairly flexible career path. Upper management is amiable and can be very easy to talk to and get along with. There are a lot of people willing to help and support you. Great people work here and it can be a lot of fun.

Cons

Job descriptions are ambiguous enough that you are sometimes expected to do things that overextend what you would generally expect in your role, with little to no appreciation. Upper management does not reflect the ideals the CEO puts forward unless it's already in their nature - and for enough of them it's not. There are worthy people who get overlooked for promotion - this is partially because management doesn't always seem to know what to look for or what metrics to use and partially because of the social politics of the place. iPipeline is not alone in this element and it isn't rampant, but it happens enough to be a source of contention.

Advice to Management

Tim: make sure your team is reflecting your vision. Somewhere along the lines, there is a disconnect. Continue your "town-hall" style lunches to keep in touch with all levels. To the people: your managers and the managers up the ladder are people just like you. Talk with them. It is what everyone makes of it.

7. Amazed at the corporate culture and growth potential!

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High growth potential as the company continues to expand. Amazing training, employee benefits and perks - from company ski trips, organized sporting events, healthy food stocked kitchen or take advantage of the delivery of Custom Fit Meals or CrossFit classes - even quarterly massages! It's very apparent this company cares for the overall health and happiness of their employees!

Cons

There's cons everywhere - it's what you make of it. The high growth of the business definitely causes growing pains but for those that thrive in the entrapranuerial environment - the sky's the limit!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

A mixed bag - but improving!

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great to spend time with and are always willing to help. They offer work perks like gym membership, 401k, work from home, wellness events, etc.

Cons

They have some of the most unskilled employees I have ever worked with. It's a failure in process management and standards enforcement, not specifically employees, that keeps employees from growing and getting better. The biggest issue is the project managers, and the fact that there is no PM process they follow. The outside clients seem to manage the projects, not the PM's. Constant weekend work is driving away talent due to poor deliverable scheduling and unrealistic expectations. Developers get the brunt of PM and BA mistakes and wind up working nights/weekends for not even competitive pay in the area. Old technology that if not replaced within a couple years, will be a big problem and will be replaced by competitors. Pay your developers what they are worth. They are your product. They make your products. You will continue to lose them if you do not re-evaluate your pay scale in this area. Developers will always make more money than PM's and BA's. It is how the software industry works. Realize this. Prepare to work every other weekend.

Advice to Management

Listen to your GOOD employees. You know who they are. Trim the unprofessional, dead weight and your products will be untouchable in this market. THIS IS KEY -> Identify and keep the talent before you lose them to better companies in the area. This has already started happening, and will continue unless addressed quickly.

iPipeline

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent career opportunities, access to latest technology, good people, friendly work environment, lots of access to extracurricular activities.

Cons

I don't personally work in the professional services department but from an outsider view it looks like a sweatshop. Sometimes the things I hear from our developers are just scary. I am not sure where they find some of these people. I honestly trust the interns opinions more than our senior developers. Same thing with project managers, not sure where we are finding these people but we need to start looking elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Start bringing in the Bob's(Office Space reference) when we keep purchasing these new companies. I get the idea behind the acquisitions but not always the products and people that are gained with it. Start shedding some older out of touch developers who can't keep up with the new technology. There are plenty of young kids out of college who can do twice the work of the some of the people just getting by making much more $$.

Sorry but I'm outta here when the next ship arrives!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Help is easy to find & is readily available if you can get along with who you're asking. Most senior staffers are knowledgeable & friendly but not all. Overall, it's a job that pays the bills.

Cons

Management & HR is out-of-touch as to why the company is loosing workers. PMs & BAs lack necessary technical skills to bridge the gap between product & managing client expectations resulting in unnecessary stress on workers. Poor documentation. Lack of leadership. Proprietary technology is not usable outside of the company. Careful, nepotism is rampant here. High turnover rate. No clear carrier path here. You just work until you burn out, basically.

Advice to Management

Wake up & smell the coffee! You're loosing people not because their bad workers but because your PMs & BAs suck! They bad mouth your workers to make themselves look good! But they themselves actually have poor technical writing skills & poor product knowledge. Not to mention poor client management abilities. Although not all, but some don't really have the patience to be in the position they're in. Too young, lack experience & have horrible attitudes.

11. It is what you make of it

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Exton, PA

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on where you land, it can be a great place to work. Some teams are tight knit groups, other teams are disaster areas.

Cons

If you don't find the right spot with the right team for you, you will not last long

Advice to Management

People don't leave companies, they leave managers. If you have a lot of turnover it's time to look in the mirror

RSS Feed </> Embed