iProspect Reviews

3.9
iProspect Global President Ben Wood
Ben Wood
1 Rating

Pros
  • We are always being given the opportunity to learn more through collaboration and trainings (in 6 reviews)

• This is a great place to work if it's your first real SEO job (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management - Very friendly but rarely in office (in 9 reviews)

• Somewhat underpaid, lots of work to do, somewhat long hours (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Place to Develop a Career

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Comprehensive online and in person trainings
    Ability to learn about other channels if you are willing to take on extra work
    You can move up if you listen to the feedback given (and there is plenty beyond the annual review if you ask for ir!)
    Management is willing to change, always trying to do better
    Benefits are good; health insurance co-pays depends on the insurance option you choose; decent maternity leave too
    You definitely have to network within the agency to continue your career - success isn't just about you doing good work by yourself, it's defined as helping your teammates, office-mates, and iPers across offices

Cons

Went through some significant but much needed leadership changes in the US in 2013
    In many offices, there is a struggle to hire backfills - we have reactive staffing, not proactive
    Part of becoming a large agency means there are more administrative processes, especially as you move up the ladder
    You definitely have to network within the agency to continue your career (also a con)

Advice to Management

Continue valuing employees.
    Keep embracing change, it's what makes us successful!
    Don't assume because one team or person makes a mistake, we are all doing the same thing.

Account Leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Large clients help to gain great experience. Co-workers willing to help each other out.

Cons

Salary is not evaluated as often as it should be. Most promotions have to do with politics and not those with the best skill set.

Advice to Management

Make yourselves more visible in the office. Show employees how much you value them by evaluating salaries more often and paying closer to the rest of the market.

3. Fantastic Environment for Career Development

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect (More than a year)

Pros

iProspect was the ideal first job for me - the initial training program is highly professional and comprehensive, ensuring a smooth transition into the work. iP holds weekly office-wide educational and info sharing sessions which are engaging and insightful. I have earned jobs based on my experiences at iP.

The company regularly holds fun office events (field days, scavenger hunts, team bonding nights), and fosters a highly social community.

Cons

The actual work can be frustrating, dull and one-dimensional, but this is entirely due to the agency's specialty (primarily PPC advertising). Most employees leave within 2-3 years in order to expand their skill sets and receive exposure to other marketing channels.

Staff including junior management (meaning sub-Director level) are a bit underpaid given the hours worked, but this may have changed since I left. Hours per week can hit the 50-60 range depending on the client.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on learning opportunities - promote marketing conferences and trips to staff.

5. Good agency experience

Former Employee - Search Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Search Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience learning SEM and getting to work on Fortune 500 clients. I really appreciated the structure around training and quality assurance. These are things I've carried forward into other parts of my career. "Fun" benefits included open bar holiday parties, and other holiday and social events. Bring your dog to work day, company bake-off, cube decorating etc. These were all fun things that helped contribute to the company culture. Also appreciated nice quarterly bonuses that everyone was eligible for.

Cons

Sometimes unqualified individuals got promoted which was bad for company culture and also the clients who received poor services. Pay raises began to stagnate, which is why I left in my later years. Company wasn't great about sharing information- lots of secrets until the last possible moment when they had to tell.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you come from and maintain quality service for your clients.

6. Great company great growth

Former Employee - Strategy in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Strategy in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

IP is a place that is a work hard play hard but has a great culture. Really great place to learn and work.

Cons

Career development can stagnate if you move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Cultivate those leaders that have shown promise thought their career. Be clear about the opportunity that exists for them.

7. Great culture, confused organization

Former Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, young, casual, smart people, fantastic learning expericen

Cons

difficult upward mobility, long hours, internal competition, poor pay, decent benefits

8. Could have been better - Depends on your manager

Former Intern - Search Marketing Trainee in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Search Marketing Trainee in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You definitely have the opportunity to learn a lot. The culture is very young, if that's what you're into. Everyone is generally very friendly.

Cons

You're experience will definitely depend on your manager. Sometimes you manager themselves, or a team member will help with the learning curve. Other times, a manager might just not explain tasks well. I found myself always asking for tasks, because I was given simple tasks to do, basically everyone's grunt work.

I often felt like I was bothering my teammates and my manager by asking for assignments several times in a day.

Top tier brands, but no growth opportunity

Former Employee - Account Leader in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Leader in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Working with top brands, fortune 500 companies
    - Lots of training opportunities

Cons

- Tense work environment
    - Health benefits are virtually non-existent. They only cover 60% of premiums, which means employees contribute 40%, i.e., $400-$800 out of your paycheck every month for basic coverage
    - Most employees are straight out of college and don't have professional experience
    - This means not many mentors around to learn from
    - Little to no growth opportunity (even when you score high on annual reviews and have an ivy league education)
    - Managers that are under-qualified
    - iProspect likes to hire from outside as opposed to promote from within
    - No bonuses or real incentive for good performance
    - Base salary is low compared to most other companies in the space

Advice to Management

If you continue to offer below average compensation, you will continue to get below average employees putting out below average work. Sooner or later, clients figure it out.

10. Excellent place to learn, grow and advance

Current Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Significant amount of resources available to you from a training perspective. People are always willing to share and help you get up to speed and advance. While competitive it isn't cutthroat

Cons

Like any agency environment you have too know how to navigate your way around in order to get where you want to be.

11. Not the same

Current Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and fun events contribute to a great post college culture of work hard and play hard.

Cons

Way too much turnover leaving too much work on too few people. I personally had to train two people in higher positions how to do SEO and PPC.

Advice to Management

Only hire Specialists with Industry experience

RSS Feed </> Embed