iProspect

Updated Feb 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guillaume Bouchard

Pros
  • Industry leader in search engine marketing (in 9 reviews)

• We are always being given the opportunity to learn more through collaboration and trainings (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management - Very friendly but rarely in office (in 8 reviews)

• Many managers and directors do not truly know the ins and outs of paid search marketing (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent place to learn, grow and advance

Account Director (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSignificant amount of resources available to you from a training perspective. People are always willing to share and help you get up to speed and advance. While competitive it isn't cutthroat

ConsLike any agency environment you have too know how to navigate your way around in order to get where you want to be.

Not the same

Search Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat people and fun events contribute to a great post college culture of work hard and play hard.

ConsWay too much turnover leaving too much work on too few people. I personally had to train two people in higher positions how to do SEO and PPC.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly hire Specialists with Industry experience

Going downhill, FAST

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prosvery relaxed culture, no need to dress up
    employees are friendly and welcoming
    if you come in through the training program, you'll learn tons

Consit's clear the company is failing, mass exodus of high-level execs and low-level employees
    no room for promotion - everything is based on who sucks up the most, not your actual talent/work ethic
    salaries are embarrassing
    lots of politics

Advice to Senior Managementpromote based on ability. you bring in trainees and pay them to train in order to find better jobs.
    stop focusing on "team building" fun events and actually do work and please your clients

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It all depends on the team you're on.

Search Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYou'll learn a lot about managing Google Adwords and benefit from learning about all aspects of performance marketing. Its very nice to have visits from industry insiders

ConsPoor work/life balance. Some teams have great managers others do not. There is a incredibly high turn over rate on some teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with hiring of new employees. Develop better leaders and use them as managers. Realize that treating people right goes beyond beers and a kickball team.

Growth at a standstill

Account Coordinator (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYoung and fun environment with lots of talent and opportunities to learn

ConsUnclear job titles due to lack of support.

Great place to start career

Account Team Leader (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsLots of training. Strong mentorship. Ability to own projects at junior status.

ConsNew employees are brought in through intern program, leading to a very young culture. If that's something you like, it's great, but it has grown old.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider bringing in outside expertise

Good "starter" job in digital marketing but the environment can become oppressive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsiProspect gives pretty much all employees and interns the opportunity to gain significant experience in search marketing. PPC oriented employees will work intimately with the engine interfaces and related programs that allow for bulk adjustments. SEO employees will gain experience with the major industry practices and programs. Almost everyone will leave iProspect with advanced Excel skills - some will become genuine experts being able to write complex macros and program in VBA.

Additionally, most of the people are great. Everyone is pretty friendly, and given the way the office is set up, it's very easy to become friends with the people in your area.

There are also a lot of vacation days - but for some people, it may be hard to find time to use them.

ConsThe iProspect experience varies by client. For some (most?) clients, the roles are very detailed oriented. In these positions, you'll work with large data sets, make frequent and large adjustments to the accounts, and update tedious reporting documents.

Clients can be very demanding and will often have never ending requests. It's not unusual for people work late into the evening because of the volume. Many employees have had to quit just to maintain sanity.

Training varies. It really depends on the situation, but if you're placed into a role in which you have only limited familiarity, don't expect much serious assistance - you just better learn your role and learn it fast.

It may be worth suffering through this ordeal if you can pick up some helpful experience, but as soon as you have put in enough time (roughly one year) to be attractive to other employers, it's time to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of automation is insane. There should be serious, customized systems developed to easily implement marketing strategy (particularly PPC campaigns). Commercially produced front ends aren't enough.

This would increase costs and possibly reduce iProspect's competitive advantage with bargain hunting marketing departments. I can understand that undercutting the prices of competitors is IP's business model, but if this is the case, don't complain when the rate of attrition remains high because your employees are underpaid and overworked.

Extremely dissapointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsStrong compensation package; good location; strong enthusiasm in some parts of the company

ConsOne specific department does not have the appropriately qualified individuals in place, and lack of employees who put forth the necessary effort to improve things; Subsidiary of a much larger company; Very inneficient practices; lack of a team atmosphere and strong positive leadership.

Great company, though quality of position varies from team to team

Search Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe higher-ups are very accessible and really take the time to get to know all employees. When I worked here, I definitely felt like my role and knowledge in the team was respected, and never did I feel under-appreciated or taken for granted, like I have in previous companies.

The training program is extensive and helpful, and even after you're no longer new, information sharing is readily available. You can depend on the wealth of knowledge of your coworkers here.

The search marketing analysts and specialists are all fairly young (low-mid 20s), usually friendly, sometimes cliquey, but overall very involved in the many company-sponsored events that provide an opportunity to get to know people outside of work.

Some other pluses: central downtown Boston location, nice and comfortable building/office space, decent insurance/benefits

ConsSometimes can be a very high-stress and time-consuming job, with demanding clients and consistently long hours with no overtime pay. It really varies team to team, as some people always work until the late hours of the night, while others always leave at 5 pm on the dot.

Management was oftentimes hard to get ahold of for guidance, but again, this varies by team.

Great place to start your career

Search Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- Great client services opportunities
    - Multiple client verticals
    - Ability to create your own role within the company

Cons- Minimal senior level roles
    - No career advancement for Analyst roles
    - Non-competitive salary
    - High employee turn-over

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary to retain employees as time-over rate is quite high

Worked for iProspect? Contribute to the Community!