iQor

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hartmut Liebel

Pros
  • Collections can be a rewarding career and this is a great company to start out(in 3 reviews)

• Didn't have to interview to get job(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If this was someone;s first experience at a call center, it would turn them off call centers forever(in 6 reviews)

• shift bids pay is low and lots of changes(in 3 reviews)

Iqor is a great place to start to get customer service experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCo workers, bonuses, overtime, and available to work from home

Consshift bids pay is low and lots of changes

Company Takes Care of Top Performers

Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsGreat pay for top performers. Innovative technology. Lots of locations world-wide, so tons of opportunity to move around.. My local office has a phenomenal culture committed to being an employer of choice and great focus on community service. Great leadership that truly cares about employees.

ConsTechnology is not always reliable and resources to fix issues are inadequate for the number of employees. Benefits package is not terribly competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementExplore possibility of improving benefits package to help retention.

from Happy to Misserable

Collector/Custmoer Service (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGood schedules some good supervisors , good oportunities to grow

ConsSalaries not moving up , comapny values just a few if you are getting paid more than $ 11 hr the{ll fire you wit any minimn excuse

Advice to Senior ManagementYour e part of the company you don{t owe the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay for type of work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupervisor get a lot of creative rights to how to perform their job.

ConsOnce you are hired on for a specific shift, it's almost impossible to change to another one

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if the schedules were more flexible. Doing schedule bids or updating schedules by seniority annually may help to retain employees and reduce turnovers.

Incompetent

Inbound First Party Collections (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsConsidering the company, there are no pros to working at iQor.

ConsThe training is a waste of time considering approximately every two weeks the system would change without warning. Also, consistent system issues with no help from IT or any other technical support. We were told to "work through it," when systems would freeze and damage our call handle time.

Headsets are going to be stolen, so do not leave them at your desk. Lunches from the break room will be stolen, so you are taking a gamble every time you leave your lunch in there. Pictures, pens, notebooks, and other desk supplies have been taken from desks.

Will not offer standing desks for those with back pain/back issues, and are told that only AVPs can have a higher desk for supervisory reasons.

The rules kept changing for attendance without notice. AVPs (team "supervisors") are on "power-trips" and feel that it is completely unnecessary to notify their teams of any changes. AVPs will speak to you as if you are incompetent, and will patronize you.

Management closed the women's restroom without notice to other employees to film something ambiguous while dressed in costumes in June. Signs were placed around the women's restroom stating that men were at work. No men were performing maintenance in the restroom. OSHA should have been notified since the restroom was closed for over 45 minutes.

Attendance policy:
    -Mondays, Saturdays, Holidays, and the day following a holiday are considered as two absences.
    -Being tardy three times will count as an occurrence. You must be logging into the system 10-15 minutes before your scheduled work time, or you are considered tardy/late.
    -Five unexcused absences in a 30-day period result in a warning. One absence (excused or unexcused) in the 30-day warning period will result in a final warning. With one absence (excused or unexcused) in the final warning period will result in termination.
    -A physician's note would excuse any medical appointments/emergencies, but that rule was expunged and removed from the notifications white board, so that rule is in limbo.
    -There will be no excused absence for a funeral or other major event that requires your presence.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees as people and understand that those without children might have scheduling conflicts every once and a while. Hire competent employees who will be the correct choice to promote in the future.

Stop treating this place like a high school. Attendance is important, and a physician's note is understandable, but other emergencies occur and should not negatively impact performance on an employee.

High school

Agent (Current Employee)

ProsNothing. Not a single thing.

ConsThe constantly changing rules and requirements. It's a set up for failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive and stop nitpicking

Don't relocate for this company!

ProsGrew quickly through the ranks from collector and ultimately to the executive level.

ConsSlave-like hours for management. Lack of support (financial and moral) when relocating for the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor your commitments, especially to long-term successful employees.

Lack of Vision & Management support

Repair Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood employee benefits…..with a low pace working environment.

ConsLacks a proper vision for tho site, site level team have a fan club going on,so no one have any opportunity to grow, woking here for more than 5 years still just told to run around to get job done and survive another forecast. no engineering support on the floor to improve productivity or support the operators.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a higher corporate level support to really dig into the stats and understand who is really making things work in this site and not just what gets presented…..

Took over company (IRT) was getting the technology up to date.

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Miramar, FL

ProsThey are willing to attempt to transfer you to a different client if you need to be removed from an account

ConsCompany is so big they forget that you are a personal.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Work Hard..no one cares

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsIf you like simple 8-5 job, then perfect place to be....no rush, no project plans, can start a project and can work on it for next whole yr.

ConsLacks knowledge to run the place, managers are not sure of what they have to do, be prepared to face stiff challenge on any projects you want to deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow faith in employees who have good knowledge or provide necessary training to our employees.

Worked for iQor? Contribute to the Community!