iQor

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
2.2

Hartmut Liebel

Pros
  • there were no pros to working for this company (in 3 reviews)

• Easy to learn work from home no micro managing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Most trainees have worked at multiple call-centers and it shows (in 8 reviews)

• No benefits until becoming an agent which they will find any excuse to prevent you from becoming one (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

This job is a joke job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No skills have to be used when working here....

Cons

Not the employees..
    I quit the job and Iqor sent me a termination letter after I handed back their stuff.... you say your a multi billion company, then pay me my overtime

Management needs skills in all departments/training/mentoring

HORRIBLE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I LEARNED WHAT KIND OF EMPLOYER TO STAY AWAY FROM

Cons

VERY Unprofessional, Rude, Unorganized.
    My training class.of 15 sat in the lobby on the day of our scheduled orientation for over a hour before anyone asked us why we were there. On our first day of training the trainer had us sitting in the classroom for over 45 minutes alone & offered no explanation when she did decide to show up. Training was nothing more than the trainer reading out of a huge binder no clear examples or explanations. There was cursing, innapporiate jokes ect in the training & the trainer encouraged it. During a typical 8 hr training day we maybe did 3 hours of productive work. The rest of the time was spent taking long lunch breaks or unscheduled breaks because of computer or equipment issues.
    I never had such a poor employment experience. I have filed complaints & wouldn't recommend this employer to my friends or family.

Hire better trainers. Raise your Professionalism Standards.
    Get a better line of communication with your corporate office.
    Your company has had 500+ complaints filed with The Better Business Bureau within the last 90 days. Your current company rating with The Better Business Bureau is an F.

A mess that needs to be tended too Immediately!

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

co workers....yep that's all folks. There is nothing else.

Cons

As others on here have said before..you do not get paid for the hours you have worked. IQOR has managed to scheme a way to not pay employees all their time. If your screen times out during slow periods...you are clocked out. Automatically. This may be after 30 seconds up to 2 mins. Depends on how your terrible system feels. I hope IQOR goes out of business. I really do. I am looking for another job.

LEAVE, let ppl who will care about the employees and the customers take over.

Highschool Environment

Current Employee - Trainee
    Current Employee - Trainee

I have been working at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the training was very on point, some of the people working there were very fantastic (as people), the hours were nice for me at least.

Cons

Training was done over the phone from an entirely different state, we had to fill out all the information HR would normally handle because they do not have HR in the building, you have to use your "fly in" if you have HR issues making it a very hard environment to work when you have no one to turn to regarding paycheck information and general HR Questions, we had forced schedules of when we were allowed to have breaks, the pay is substandard for the amount of work required to be done. There weren't even passwords for us on our first day we had to use people in the departments password, all around this place is very unprofessional, there's no time off at all until you reach a certain "pay grade" or you've been there a year. Sick days don't even exist.

Get rid of cliques, get rid of inter client mingling (aka hooking up for a less professional term), stop having the aura of "I'm better than you because I know my pay grade is different" attitude.

Ghetto Unprofessional High School

I worked at iQor

Pros

Ummm....No Pros I Dreaded Going To Work EVERYDAY When I Was Employed Here I Always Wondered How Everyone In Management Got Their Jobs In The First Place

Cons

Dirty Bathrooms Dirty Cubicles Unorganized Unprofessional Place

Stop trying to be friends with your agents and try being professional Supervisors.

My experience working for IQOR was like being in high school all over again.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at iQor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

IQOR is a call center environment and allows associates the option to work from home. Compensation begins at $10 an hour and after training you work is evaluated every month for three months with an opportunity to get a quarter raise each time. After the three months every quarter you will be ranked a 1,2,3, out of the whole site with another option to get a raise or if you're ranked low a possible chance of termination.

Cons

The office environment was very immature you have "hook-ups" among agents, supervisors and management. One manager in particular dated a human resource rep, dated a supervisor, then dated one of his agents, and was also caught video taping one of his supervisors prancing around in a mini skirt.

Keep the environment professional and keep your personal lives outside of the office.

Worse job I have ever had

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My Trainer was awesome, but didn't fully pre late me for the job

Cons

The job itself. They don't pay you for breaks or even going to the bathroom. The system is slow and it sucks. You have to be there 9 hours a day to get 8 hours and they treat you like crap and somehow lose hours and refuse to pay them when you were there

LEARN HOW TO TRAIN PROPERLY AFTER THE TEST.

Employees are just the numbers.

I worked at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay, training is thorough, and you have regular shifts.

Cons

Employees as people don't matter. There are boards up on the walls ranking everyone according to their numbers. If you don't reach their expectations you are taken aside in front of all your coworkers and scolded for it. The expectations change and there is little to no opportunity for advancement, unless you are a favorite.

Don't pick favorites and treat your employees like people.

Some Managers were professional but coworkers created a lot of distraction in the work place

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at iQor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership needs addressed to much personal contact outside the office with employees. Promotions were limited however, benefits were very good

Cons

Management was excellent with time off policies especially when illness struck my family. I felt held back on personal growth, company values were directed towards their clients regarding recovery.

Same as above

Horrible Company

I worked at iQor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None, except for the other call center representatives I had the opportunity of working with.

Cons

Awful pay for what's expected of you, stressful and taxing work, bratty and unprofessional supervisors, working environment conducive to airborne illnesses, lying about time they give you for work improvement until they decide to terminate you, verbally abusive customers that call in to deal with their inane and insignificant cell phone issues, no vacation or sick time off - AT ALL (you MUST make every single hour off up), no paid breaks, dismal prospects for pay raises and bonuses, company treats its employees as completely disposable, constant practice of "hire-and-fire" (hiring many employees routinely, only to terminate many shortly after).

Start treating your lower level employees with much more value, after all, they are the ones who make the money for the company. Pay the standard rate most call centers do, which seems to be around $11.50 an hour instead of a measly $10.00; $10.00 an hour for being expected to collect around $2,000 an hour is unacceptable. Give employees actual vacation and sick time off, the work environment is far too stressful and unhealthy to not give the standard paid time off that employees are supposed receive, you're not doing anyone any favors by tiring your employees and making them feel as if they can't miss any work when they're ill and contagious. Stop just worrying about your bottom line constantly - you are a private company, after all, you do not have shareholders. iQor, you're a perfect example as to why more and more people have an intense disdain for corporations. Corporations are not people, but your employees certainly are, and it's time you start treating them as humans.