iSystems

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
3.8

CEO

Great New web feature and product development, using cool technologies

Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering in Colchester, VT
    Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering in Colchester, VT

I have been working at iSystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

iSystems is a small company, making a huge impact on their customers. The senior management team has been focused on bringing in great new talent to develop our new web platform. I am excited to be part of the engineering team build out these new products. If you are a developer at hart, and love working in great new technologies in an agile environment, this is the place to be. Huge growth opportunities, given that we are investing heavily in staff and our products.

Cons

We need to continue to work on our employer brand as well as improve our benefits to attract the right staff.

Continue to invest in staff and products. Focus on creating an organization that engages staff and challenges them to do their best work.

Think twice before accepting an offer at this company!!!

I worked at iSystems full-time

Pros

The employees, your general workers, are generally nice, hard-working people who genuinely care and want to do a good job.

Cons

The culture of the company is significantly lacking professionalism and general values which make it a difficult environment to work in. The leadership, management and executives, lack a firm understanding of treating employees well and valuing the work that employees do each day. Promotions are offered to those "in the club", think high school clique. Poor behavior towards employees by managers is tolerated and overlooked regularly. The technology and resources are fairly antiquated and getting any supplies in order to do your job is an undertaking in itself.

The executives need to reevaluate their management team and make some significant changes to increase the value of their employees. Employees don't leave companies, they leave their managers.

A growing company with many opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

I have been working at iSystems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As said above, iSystems is a growing company. This creates many opportunities to develop ones career and move into new roles. Management has improved drastically since I began working here. This is the perfect time to be with this company as we grow into a larger more successful business.

Cons

There is not a gym on site.

We could use a larger refrigerator, and a gym.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at iSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

iSystems offers its employees a great work/family life balance in addition to challenging work using new technologies. The employees are energized and dedicated.

Cons

As the company is growing fast, more attention needs to be focused on inclusiveness in our communications with one another.

Good place to work, interesting work, poor management.

I worked at iSystems

Pros

Nice work culture, work-life balance.

Cons

Poor management - does not care much about their employees.

Your employees are your biggest assets, please value them.

The work is interesting and professional, but the management is very poor.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

I worked at iSystems

Pros

If you need experience in the field of payroll software, you can get it there if you can handle the insanity of the bureaucracy.

Cons

The management is so out of the norm when dealing with people that even when explicitely told what they are doing wrong in plain English, they don't get it. They treat software professionals like factory widget makers, plus they waste a lot of time and money making sure they don't waste time and money. They DO NOT promote from within the company. They think that magic comes from hiring somebody who has likely failed somewhere else. The turnover is ridiculous for a software company.

Find a way to realize that management needs to see the employees as people as well as workers. Stop being so trivial about small things. Look at the big picture. Promote talent internally.