iconmobile

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen Drimmer

Great Company

Production Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile full-time for more than a year

Pros- Fantastic People
- Well known Clients
- Great office vibe and culture

Cons- Pay scale differs A TON. Employees are cut in half and some make a ton, where many don't make enough, and it's not just based on job title-- If the company wants someone, they will pay whatever it takes to get that person
- Organization and Communication-- Reviews and meetings do not always happen as scheduled, and therefore, many lines of communication get lost.

Toxic meat grinder.

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile full-time for more than a year

ProsInteresting projects in cutting edge fields, international environment.

ConsMeat grinder approach to hiring and retention. Chew employees up and spit them out with no support - nearly 100% turnover in my time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start caring about your employees careers. They only have one.

Hope things have gotten better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent Creative Folks, Super smart people and interesting client base. Young, hip staff and in a good location.

Good pay and benefits

ConsConflicts w/ Berlin HQ - too much reliance on Berlin development team (who we had to use due to company structure) who were expensive and difficult to work with. In-fighting between teams and sometimes being completely lied to on project updates, estimates and status.

Toxic environment - Management had a 'bullying' mentality to get performance out of their staff, instead of coaching, inspiration and support. People quick to throw each other under the bus and a blame culture

Unprofessional - lots of situations I witnessed that were grounds for a lawsuit ( inappropriate jokes and chastising staff with off-color comments)

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Headed in the right direction...

I have been working at iconmobile full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly intelligent people. Opportunities for growth. Office located next to Sanata Monica food and shops. Good clients.

ConsOccasional inter-departmental bickering. Layout of office not conducive to productivity (giant rows of tables, looks like a classroom.) Over reliance on freelancers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter major challenges last year, company seems to be moving in a positive direction. Retain successful current employees, and work towards converting long term freelancers to employees.

One of the most efficient and professional groups I've had the pleasure to work with.

Creative Director (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile as a contractor for less than a year

Pros-Excellent senior management.
-Very professional.
-Kind people.

Cons-Although my work with them was pushing the envelope for the client, they don't always have that relationship with their clients. So the work might not always be a portfolio piece.

Advice to Senior Management-Great agency to work with.
-I would recommend to the agency to seek opportunities that would lead to placing the agency in a stronger leading role in their relationship to the client. As we all know how strong of an emerging market the mobile platform is - this is a huge opportunity.

complete chaos

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at iconmobile

ProsIconMobile has a good location on the Santa Monica Promenade.

ConsIconMobile was so poorly managed it was hard to get anything done, the workspace was dirty and cramped. Employees were always disappearing - you never knew if they were quitting or getting fired. I'd try to do my work but the ECD would just do it all over and not listen to anyone else's opinion.

amazing and talented colleagues, exec mgmt is a disaster

Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile

Prosi stayed at icon as long as i did because of the wonderful colleagues. to a person, they are funny and smart. the dev's and pm's get it and are fun to work with. the head of ux is super smart and laid back and really good to work with. they keep changing tech directors but they all seem pretty smart. the head pm in socal doesn't bs us and really protects the design team. i don't know the seattle people but they all seem nice from afar.

oh, and the free beer on tap is awesome.

Consthe sr. design managers are overloaded and aren't available. the company changes direction daily. account is bright, but they end up doing the design work themselves.

there is alot of yelling and gossip. people are quitting daily b/c of the executive team and the way they treat people and how little they understand about what we do.

Advice to Senior Managementstop yelling at your employees. put some people in charge who are older than 25. stop changing your mind every day.

Designer

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at iconmobile full-time for more than 3 years

Prosawesome clients and projects, very nice team and young atmosphere!

Consresponsibilities and salary does not walk together

Learned a lot about agencies

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile full-time for more than a year

ProsWhile I was with them there were certainly quite some nice people there.
Sometimes it felt like a family.
Water, coffee and tea was (is?) free - keep it like this. The EUR invested there comes back to you big time as sharing thoughs over a cup of coffee is worth more than the 1 or 2 EUR.

ConsLots of fluctuation
Sickness of workers show that they are unsatisfied (as they are not treated as the expect)
Some management reasoning / lack of transparency / motives

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers better. Don't praise water and drink wine.
Salaries are not that well for the highly specialized work and nobody understands not being able to get a a couple of bucks more for his / her hard work and long hours while higher level people jet around the world first class and drive huge cars.
This leads to demotivation, sickness (you all know how many are sick and that it is an enormous rate) which then has to be compensated by others.. and all that for a couple of hundred EUR / month. Be smarter about that, it'll help in the long run.
Losing employees that gained knowledge over a year or two right away is hurtful for the company. Looking at your employee fluctuation rate should make it obvious (if "hard" facts are needed).

Good team, interesting projects

Senior Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at iconmobile as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood Team, structured and planned development

ConsLong working days, moderate payment

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your good people

Worked for iconmobile? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iconmobile reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for iconmobile CEO Stephen Drimmer. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by iconmobile employees.