ideeli

Add Photos

Stefan Pepe

Everyone has an opinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy team of coworkers were great as was my direct manager! We had a decent benefit package and would have occasional happy-hour meetings and they offered weekly yoga for some time.

ConsWith such fast early growth and a challenging business model things got a bit chaotic. Strategies shifted frequently. Many people outside of my department had opinions (whether qualified or not) about or work which slowed the process and compromised the quality. Raises were rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key and too many cooks in the kitchen makes a mess. Also wages should be more competetive.

Great work environment!

Studio Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone was very friendly, willing to help and I loved the atmosphere. I was exposed to many different facets in the different departments.

ConsI don't have many cons because I truly loved working there. You just have to love working in a very fast-paced environment at all times. You are constantly working under deadlines so it can definitely get hectic.

e-commerce

Photo Art Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosfun place to work. everyone was very friendly

Consmanagement seemed a bit unorganised

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall Amazing Experience

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI really enjoyed my internship at Ideeli. I was lucky enough to be on a very passionate team of people who wanted the site to succeed. I got a glimpse of almost every different department and everyone had a very young, fresh vibe and was eager to learn!

ConsThis is not necessarily a con but Ideeli is definitely still in a major growth stage. But I actually thought that was part of the excitement working there. Ideas changed around a lot and some people weren't always on the same page, however everyone was always working towards a common goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the younger staff have a lot of great ideas that should really be taken into consideration and implemented!

learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was able to move up the ladder, form close relationships with upper management and learned a ton. The people at ideeli are inspiring.

ConsNature of the business made it difficult.

it's been a while, but...

Marketing (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDespite fast growth, the company did a good job communicating with employees. Weekly town hall meetings and frequent all-employee happy hours were great for morale.

Consthe business model itself was a little challenging as we have seen with many other deal sites plus, while the company tried many different channels, it never was able to grow outside of the core fashion category.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job selling the company.

Nice people, tough retail environment

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Proslocated in mid town new york city in beautiful office building. nice hard working people trying to build a big business

Consa company that spent too much money during a growth stage that is now struggling to become right sized (recently bought by groupon)

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on the customer and the product

Huge Promise and Nice Co-Workers - lack of execution

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCo-workers are great as is original CEO/Founder. Fast paced and constant opportunity are opportunities and challenges.

ConsAlways running 3rd or 4th in the category and having no defined plan for how to leapfrog competition. No enough responsibility delegation from c-level to middle management, slowing down process in a very fast moving space.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems like most/all of c-level has changed. A good sign for the future.

Exciting and crazy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was a lot of opportunity at ideeli to make your own way, as long as you pleased upper management.

ConsIt was a very crazy environment, constantly changing priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI expect things are changing quite a bit with the Groupon acquisition, but overall: trust your line level and mid to lower management employees. They know what's up and can make good things happen.

great company culture

Prosthe people are great to work with. great new work space. great company culture.

Conscompensation is not competitive. not on top of yearly reviews. limited room for advancement, unless on the buying team.

Worked for ideeli? Contribute to the Community!