ideeli Reviews

Stefan Pepe

1. Great Place

Current Employee - Freelance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Freelance in New York, NY

I have been working at ideeli

Pros

Ideeli is a very Interesting place to work. Everything is done right there. Makeup, shooting and the final artwork. The people who work there are very friendly and professional.

Cons

It seems like working for this company requires a lot of very long hours and for a relatively lesser pay scale.

I get the impression that management is not too involved with the day to day operation. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I think if they see the hard work that the employees, do they might be rewarded a little better.

2. I've learned a lot and met a lot of great hard working people, but definitely not a place people stay for the long run

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in New York, NY

I have been working at ideeli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun start up environment, a lot of room for growth if you work hard, you will learn a lot and have a lot of responsibility

Cons

A LOT of turnover, unorganized, no HR team , always understaffed people leave and are not replaced, no stability, long hours

3. A lot of parties, culture club and sample sales. The downside is that employment here does not seem very stable.

I have been working at ideeli full-time

Pros

There is a 30% discount on the company website. The company also sells left over samples to employees for really cheap. Bought a $10 designer dress and many other things for cheap. We wear jeans to work everyday and the coworkers are *really* nice.

Cons

Lack of stability and pay. Groupon bought us in January so we are "restructuring". Almost half of the original top management is gone. Similar companies pay more than here.

Sample sales and free snacks are nice, but is not enough to retain the talent you need to meet your ambitious goals. Your investment in Ideeli will only pay off if you seriously invest in the employees first.

5. Good people running a solid business

I worked at ideeli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people: helpful and supportive. In the tech group, there was a real culture of learning and growth. A good portion of the team was not on-site, and that was handled very well with constant communication.

Cons

Company panicked when times got tough. Technical co-founder is no longer with the company. Stuck with some older technology that was very difficult to upgrade.

When competition gets harder, don't pull back on sales and tech investments.

6. Before bought by Groupon

I worked at ideeli full-time

Pros

help you to step in the field of fashion

Cons

management is not efficient enough and they should get better things for customers

reevaluate your market segmentation

7. assistant buyer

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in New York, NY

I have been working at ideeli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

fast growth, great culture and people

Cons

low salary, horrible system and processes, poor upper management

8. Everyone has an opinion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ideeli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My team of coworkers were great as was my direct manager! We had a decent benefit package and would have occasional happy-hour meetings and they offered weekly yoga for some time.

Cons

With such fast early growth and a challenging business model things got a bit chaotic. Strategies shifted frequently. Many people outside of my department had opinions (whether qualified or not) about or work which slowed the process and compromised the quality. Raises were rare.

Communication is key and too many cooks in the kitchen makes a mess. Also wages should be more competetive.

9. Great work environment!

Former Intern - Studio Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Studio Intern in New York, NY

I worked at ideeli as an intern

Pros

Everyone was very friendly, willing to help and I loved the atmosphere. I was exposed to many different facets in the different departments.

Cons

I don't have many cons because I truly loved working there. You just have to love working in a very fast-paced environment at all times. You are constantly working under deadlines so it can definitely get hectic.

10. e-commerce

Former Contractor - Photo Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Photo Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at ideeli as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

fun place to work. everyone was very friendly

Cons

management seemed a bit unorganised

11. Overall Amazing Experience

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at ideeli as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my internship at Ideeli. I was lucky enough to be on a very passionate team of people who wanted the site to succeed. I got a glimpse of almost every different department and everyone had a very young, fresh vibe and was eager to learn!

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but Ideeli is definitely still in a major growth stage. But I actually thought that was part of the excitement working there. Ideas changed around a lot and some people weren't always on the same page, however everyone was always working towards a common goal.

Some of the younger staff have a lot of great ideas that should really be taken into consideration and implemented!