iiNet Reviews

iiNet CEO Michael Malone
Michael Malone

1. Better than most

I worked at iiNet

Pros

The network and application development teams are of a good quality. It's about as nerdy as you'd expect.

Cons

The salary was quite low compared to what I've had elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. one of the best places i have worked

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auckland (New Zealand)

I have been working at iiNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff at all levels competitive salary actually get rewarded for meting high KPI's active career path help

Cons

not enough people on phones atm

Advice to Management

you need more customer service staff to bring the call ques in line and ease the ppresure of your current staff

Customer service representitives

I worked at iiNet

Pros

Good work enviroment with some capable people

Cons

Company is too focused on stats and NPS and KPIs And not focused on the well being of staff at all

Advice to Management

Train your staff better and pay your staff better as well!

5. Programmer

Former Employee - Programmer in Adelaide (Australia)
    Former Employee - Programmer in Adelaide (Australia)

I worked at iiNet

Pros

Good culture in the Adelaide Office

Cons

Company staff turnover was starting to climb when I left and we didn't hire good quality replacements fast enough

6. Warning! - Worst Company Ever!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at iiNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my opinion, there are none.

Cons

I worked for iiNet (Perth) for 3 years. They are unethical in their business practices, and what they are doing to their staff. Everything is monitored and designed to turn a human literally into a machine. There is no humanity left in this company they do not care one bit about the people (customers or staff). They use intimidation and manipulation to get what they want. To me this is modern day slavery. Stay clear of these people if you want to keep your sanity and soul intact. I learned this the hard way, these people are tyrants.

Advice to Management

One other reviewer on here said it well. Your staff members hate you for a reason. You already have enough feedback from staff to do better, but you don't care about anything but profits.

Programmer

Former Employee - Programmer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Former Employee - Programmer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at iiNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're lucky to find a good team, you will have a great time. If you're a junior developer, you will learn a lot, but in my experience listening to the other people there on best practices, or the way to get things done, is a bad idea. Go out and research for yourself.

Cons

Left on my own terms, and these points are what I feel after working somewhere that is completely opposite. iiNet not a software engineering focused company, so don't expect much as far as allocating enough people to do the job right. Some projects are staffed excessively because another department "pays" for the positions, while others are massively understaffed because there's no clear owner for a system. Work/Life balance is non-existent, and even in non-operations teams you will find pressure to work late nights and weekends to meet unrealistic release deadlines which were set before the project was even scoped. Salary is abysmally low, and tends to remain at least 10-20% below the average for the city, and about 30-60% below what you'd get working somewhere like Google Sydney. The salary ranges between junior and senior developers are *massive* in an industry where those gaps are becoming smaller, and smaller by the day.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want the company to be. You're not an engineering company, so don't pretend to be. You actually need to have some experienced engineers to be that kind of company.

Waste of time

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Adelaide (Australia)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Adelaide (Australia)

I worked at iiNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company provided monthly allowance for services. Monthly bonus incentives.

Cons

Terrible management. Highly stressful. Not worth the pay they give you when you consider the stress involved. Your starting wage is about 38-39k per year, but if feels like you should be getting paid 50-60k for your efforts. I left IInet after 4 years. I found the work environment just kept getting worse every year. The biggest issue is the lack of on going training provided to staff. I waited 2 years to be trained in some programs that were commonly used in my role. There is always some kind of new process or promotion you need to familiarize yourself with. Seniors are to focused on talking to each other socially instead of monitoring their area. In the situation when a customer calls and they have an issue that you cannot resolve, and the customer asks you to speak a manager. Managers will decline to take the escalation from you from time to time. Leaving you stuck with an angry customer, that you can't help. There's nothing worse. There is not many spots for advancement in the company. You'll find that the promotions are statistic based and not skill based. So there a lot of people who have been promoted because they're never sick and not because they're the most qualified.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line staff more, not just your team leaders. Have regular on going training for all departments after their initial training to ensure they are familiar with all processes. Increase base salary to 50k per year.

9. great people,

I have been working at iiNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people are great, become real friends

Cons

while the culture is great, there is an overall lack of professionalism

Advice to Management

develop staff

An okay first job.

I worked at iiNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

National & International travel opportunities for those that perform well. Bonus program up to $600/mo is (depending on team/department) easily achievable if you do your job properly. Staff drinks are on regularly, company definitely celebrates their wins well. MM (former CEO) is super approachable.

Cons

You're micromanaged like CRAZY. A customers view on the company, not you, affects your bonus severely. The pay is way too low. The "career opportunities" they brag about are non-existent. Resourcing is horrible. Understaffed call centres = customers waiting for hours and subsequently abusive.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff and you'll see your turnover rate decrease. I'd still be there if it weren't for the horrible salary.

11. It is a good place to start with

Current Employee - Technical Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist

I have been working at iiNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large technical team Expose to diversified technologies.

Cons

Project can be driven by politics from time to time. No clear communication of long term goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed