ikaSystems

Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company so lot to learn though no resources.

Cons

No organisation no process in place.People dont have any work ethics.

Worst place to work

Dec 9, 2014Director Human Resources

It’s true that because we are a small company, there are fewer resources and we need to be efficient with what we have, but the lean structure also means that we have fewer layers of management to ... More

Transforming organization with a very healthy sales pipeline

I have been working at ikaSystems (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to participate and contribute to the transformation of process and technology of a growing company
    Cloud and healthcare are both exploding areas of growth
    Great domain expertise within the company
    Opportunities to interface with clients and contribute to their success
    Employees willing to roll up their sleeves and resolve customer issues.

Cons

Working at a company undergoing a significant transformation is not for the faint of heart or those without a strong passion in doing so.

Transforming itself

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company that wants to grow and succeed in this tough market. Compensation and people are good. Employees are treated well.I am motivated to make the difference and bring in better culture to this company

Cons

As anyother company,you need to find your work-life balance. There is a lot of opportunity to change and improve in the company. I feel that change cannot be stopped.Companies that succeed during transforming phase will always be successful

Dec 9, 2014Director Human Resources

Thank you for your positive review. It's true that change can be difficult, but it is necessary to move forward. We're hopeful that we're working on the right things and continue to adjust based on ... More

Transforming company

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time

Pros

Making major enhancements in process, technology and quality. Experiencing rapid growth with a robust sales pipeline. Forward thinking company with a vision for the future.

Cons

Continue to make overly aggressive commitments. Need to be willing to make the people investment to align with company goals.

Dynamic environment - not for the average person.

Current Employee - Contractor in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Surrounded by super smart and capable people, meetings are actually fun - very positive, really feel like you are accomplishing something. Great executive team - very approachable. Products and clients are solid and impressive. I look forward to coming to work., I think that says it all.

Cons

Not a lot of processes or down time. If you don't like fast-paced or need a lot of hand holding, this is not your jam.

Not a lot of communication about what other departments are doing - you, know the "congratulations to our Test team" or "our Soft Dev team created XYZ in record time". Most companies send out too many emails about this, ika doesn't send any.

Oct 7, 2014Director Human Resources

Thank you for your review and positive comments. We appreciate the feedback and are working to increase communication and collaboration across the organization.

2 Strikes and bases loaded

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time

Pros

Always exciting to work here.
    Fast paced.
    Lots of potential to grow in the healthcare space.
    Work is more structured for new employees. (I think so)

Cons

Fluid in direction.
    Uncertain product strategy.
    Operation and Decisions are heavily influenced by budget constraint.

Need strong leadership and a transparent well understood product strategy.

Chaotic environment, poor work life balance

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many smart, caring people at ikaSystems that work hard and try to do their best work.

Cons

Although they are attempting to become an Agile development environment, this has been a very slow process and to date not particularly successful. Several layoffs/reorgs in the last 24 months has spurred the exodus of high performers with deep product knowledge. There is a sense of insecurity for one's job and this coupled with long work hours makes good people start to look elsewhere for opportunities. Burn out rate is fairly high.

Stop undermining the move to Agile by stepping in and forcing unplanned and untested software releases to satisfy a customer short term. In the end the customer is left with lower quality software and a lack of trust in ikaSystems ability to deliver.

Ticking Time Bomb with crappy benefits

Current Employee - Analyst in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some terrific people and a product that customers seem to want our product

Cons

A product that doesn't really work. Takes too long to implement. Doesn't integrate or play nicely with itself or others. No "plug in" mentality - 300 interfaces required to implement standard claims and billing systems.

People are leaving in droves. The writing is on the wall. Surprising that nobody has really "lost it" yet. Constant change in message, in priority and approach. Not enough communication. The two corner offices just fire away emails. Nobody TALKS to each other. 50 emails and reply alls with seven different sub chains is NOT a way to run a business. Nobody steps in to stop the chaos. WAY top heavy. Managers don't know who reports to them. People don't know who their manager is (or what the difference is between a line manager and a dotted line manager and why there are both). Everybody thinks they're THE decision maker.

STOP MAKING THE GOOD PEOPLE QUIT
    STOP FIRING EVERYONE THAT KNOWS THE PRODUCT
    Enough upper management changes and new hires. How many VPs and Directors do we need that don't do much??
    Hire people that can do work. Business analysts, programmers and QA. REAL Workers.
    Stop shoveling garbage to production support team. Stop ALLOWING work to be half assed and unfinished a year after go live.
    Stop killing the best people by making them work 60 -75 hours EVERY WEEK
    Stop telling us "we're the answer for change". or "it's up to us to nominate our team workers" when it comes to recognition. A Thank you isn't enough.

Enough is enough

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT people at the individual contributor level ( a least a few left)

Cons

Exec Leadership team keeps changing direction: 3 company re-orgs in 24 months. 3 CFO's in 3 years, multiple lay offsand it is always the people with the most product knowledge. Team does not deliver on time or build in enough time for QA. Very top heavy! Too many leadership roles that don't lead. not enough hands on deck to get the work done.

Sell...

The company tries to hire from the best BUT the company has a way of wasting those talents!!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Southborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Southborough, MA

I worked at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary. Great talents. Great system and products.

Cons

If you think your talent will be utilized here, think again. If you think the reason you were hired in the first place will be recognized and heard once you get in, you need to re-evaluate your priority. There is no structure, no leadership, nothing. It is like staring at a blank wall.. Empty!

Nothing. Leave. And let someone who knows how to lead and communicate start taking over.

Sep 26, 2014Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. At ikaSystems, recognizing talent is an important component of our talent attraction and retention strategy. We are working to improve the use of our formal recognition ... More