ikaSystems

Joseph V. Marabito

Run from here

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in terms of balancing work hours or location, i.e., Remote Vs On-site.

Cons

Frequent management changes. If you do not pander to some key higher ups/ divas consider yourself as unworthy. You will either be shown the door or you may be smart enough to leave before they do.

Get a grip on reality. You have no successful implementations. Several long term resources left and you made no attempt to retain them or change your attitude. Realize sooner than later that your efforts to salvage this sinking ship will not b successful while the current management holds the reigns.

In need of transformation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems

Pros

All the people who I work with are very nice and that is the only thing that motivates me to go back to work.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves and hiring friends and colleagues who they have worked with in past. Never seen any place more disorganized and sloppy. Many angry clients as development is not done per specs and not enough tested by qualified testers or QA managers. Management has a hard time making a decision which at the end hurt them in long run as all their good people are leaving on their own. They have no respect for your weekends and time-off and make you work even if you have 103 degree fever! Don't ever work there as contractor to perm as they never turn you to perm employee. They always keep you in dark.

Stop hiring new people and promote internally all qualified staff who worked their bottoms up to make things happen, including contractors. Anyone I talk to is looking for a new job, that is not a good sign for an organization. Get a new management team in place who can run projects more efficiently rather than wasting qualified people's time by filling out obsolete and useless spreadsheet that they don't even work or no one ever looks at them. Be realistic....

Jan 14, 2015Director Human Resources

We’re excited to share that we have over 30 active job postings, which are available to both internal and external applicants. We're working hard to create a high performance culture of top talent ... More

resolving door

I worked at ikaSystems

Pros

great software. you can learn a lot about healthcare

Cons

very hard to receive promotions and long hours with no knowledgement. High turnover rates and people jus leaving for better jobs.

Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company so lot to learn though no resources.

Cons

No organisation no process in place.People dont have any work ethics.

Worst place to work

Dec 9, 2014Director Human Resources

It’s true that because we are a small company, there are fewer resources and we need to be efficient with what we have, but the lean structure also means that we have fewer layers of management to ... More

Transforming itself

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company that wants to grow and succeed in this tough market. Compensation and people are good. Employees are treated well.I am motivated to make the difference and bring in better culture to this company

Cons

As anyother company,you need to find your work-life balance. There is a lot of opportunity to change and improve in the company. I feel that change cannot be stopped.Companies that succeed during transforming phase will always be successful

Dec 9, 2014Director Human Resources

Thank you for your positive review. It's true that change can be difficult, but it is necessary to move forward. We're hopeful that we're working on the right things and continue to adjust based on ... More

Transforming company

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time

Pros

Making major enhancements in process, technology and quality. Experiencing rapid growth with a robust sales pipeline. Forward thinking company with a vision for the future.

Cons

Continue to make overly aggressive commitments. Need to be willing to make the people investment to align with company goals.

Transforming organization with a very healthy sales pipeline

I have been working at ikaSystems (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to participate and contribute to the transformation of process and technology of a growing company
    Cloud and healthcare are both exploding areas of growth
    Great domain expertise within the company
    Opportunities to interface with clients and contribute to their success
    Employees willing to roll up their sleeves and resolve customer issues.

Cons

Working at a company undergoing a significant transformation is not for the faint of heart or those without a strong passion in doing so.

2 Strikes and bases loaded

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time

Pros

Always exciting to work here.
    Fast paced.
    Lots of potential to grow in the healthcare space.
    Work is more structured for new employees. (I think so)

Cons

Fluid in direction.
    Uncertain product strategy.
    Operation and Decisions are heavily influenced by budget constraint.

Need strong leadership and a transparent well understood product strategy.

Ticking Time Bomb with crappy benefits

Current Employee - Analyst in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some terrific people and a product that customers seem to want our product

Cons

A product that doesn't really work. Takes too long to implement. Doesn't integrate or play nicely with itself or others. No "plug in" mentality - 300 interfaces required to implement standard claims and billing systems.

People are leaving in droves. The writing is on the wall. Surprising that nobody has really "lost it" yet. Constant change in message, in priority and approach. Not enough communication. The two corner offices just fire away emails. Nobody TALKS to each other. 50 emails and reply alls with seven different sub chains is NOT a way to run a business. Nobody steps in to stop the chaos. WAY top heavy. Managers don't know who reports to them. People don't know who their manager is (or what the difference is between a line manager and a dotted line manager and why there are both). Everybody thinks they're THE decision maker.

STOP MAKING THE GOOD PEOPLE QUIT
    STOP FIRING EVERYONE THAT KNOWS THE PRODUCT
    Enough upper management changes and new hires. How many VPs and Directors do we need that don't do much??
    Hire people that can do work. Business analysts, programmers and QA. REAL Workers.
    Stop shoveling garbage to production support team. Stop ALLOWING work to be half assed and unfinished a year after go live.
    Stop killing the best people by making them work 60 -75 hours EVERY WEEK
    Stop telling us "we're the answer for change". or "it's up to us to nominate our team workers" when it comes to recognition. A Thank you isn't enough.

Chaotic environment, poor work life balance

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many smart, caring people at ikaSystems that work hard and try to do their best work.

Cons

Although they are attempting to become an Agile development environment, this has been a very slow process and to date not particularly successful. Several layoffs/reorgs in the last 24 months has spurred the exodus of high performers with deep product knowledge. There is a sense of insecurity for one's job and this coupled with long work hours makes good people start to look elsewhere for opportunities. Burn out rate is fairly high.

Stop undermining the move to Agile by stepping in and forcing unplanned and untested software releases to satisfy a customer short term. In the end the customer is left with lower quality software and a lack of trust in ikaSystems ability to deliver.