ikaSystems Reviews

2.7
ikaSystems President & CEO Joseph V. Marabito
Joseph V. Marabito

1. Featured Review

Transforming organization with a very healthy sales pipeline

I have been working at ikaSystems (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to participate and contribute to the transformation of process and technology of a growing company Cloud and healthcare are both exploding areas of growth Great domain expertise within the company Opportunities to interface with clients and contribute to their success Employees willing to roll up their sleeves and resolve customer issues.

Cons

Working at a company undergoing a significant transformation is not for the faint of heart or those without a strong passion in doing so.

2. HR

Former Employee - Human Resources Executive in Bolton, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Executive in Bolton, MA

I worked at ikaSystems (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

need better leadership skills at all levels of leadership

3. IKA review a/history

Former Employee - Principal SQL Server Database Administrator in Southborough, MA

I worked at ikaSystems

Pros

Good software and good opportunity for those with vision to improve performance of current and future products. Applicants must be agile and visionary

Cons

Not for those who want stability, nor for those who are trained in/dedicated to Security/PHI/PCI best practices. One will learn, but may not be valued nor respected. Overall a "yes". barely. IT/DBA services were out-sourced in may 2014; this may provide good colleagues but be prepared to spend time working on a good relationship.

Advice to Management

Respect and rewards for the technical community should be explicit, and the value of those who support infrastructure should be communicated to the rest of the IKA community.

5. Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southborough, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and flexible work schedule. No micro managing.

Cons

No 401k matching, no tuition reimbursement, private company so no stocks. Highest deductible and co-pays for insurance that I have ever had. Coverage is great but the expense is too! No organization structure; only at the executive level. Can't find out who works in what area. No real training on the company products. Old timers stuck in their ways of doing things. Overall, there is a general unprofessional-ism here that is disturbing. Emails are not responded to in a timely manner. Meeting invites are mostly ignored. People never show up on time for meetings. Meetings always run late. Just some basic professional business skills/courtesies would be beneficial to the employees. Over inflated job titles. Everyone here is a Sr. Something or a Director of Something. Drop some of the pompous titles. It's not like the developers have any respect for managers as it is!

Advice to Management

Clean up the unprofessional-ism and negotiate better out of pocket health costs next year.

6. Dynamic company with challenging, fast-paced work

Current Employee - Technology Solutions Architect in Maineville, OH
    Current Employee - Technology Solutions Architect in Maineville, OH

I have been working at ikaSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people! - Interesting work that provides a deep challenge. - Recognition for a job well done. - Frequent communication from leadership. - An exciting suite of products to bring to clients. - Opportunities to travel for the adventurous. - Flexible work for those who want flexibility. - Agile methods and tools used to plan and execute work.

Cons

- A steep learning curve to learn the products when onboarding.F15

Advice to Management

Continue open communications with employees on a regular basis.

7. hard company to work for...

I worked at ikaSystems

Pros

Good location and software product

Cons

Fires people all the time. Unable to hire the top talent they want so, they change people all the time.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We're working hard to create a high performance culture of top talent and are excited about the 70+ new employees that have joined ika in just the first half of ... More

8. Run in the other direction

I have been working at ikaSystems

Pros

The best part of working at ikaSystems is the employees. Even though they work in a very difficult environment they are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, due to the high turnover, I have seen many good people leave.

Cons

Bad working environment. Very unreasonable expectations. No one is happy. High turnover and management seems to be encouraging it.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can give management is: People leave managers not companies. Treat the employees like they are valued.

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

We're working hard to create a high performance culture of top talent and are excited about the 70+ new employees that have joined ika in just the first half of 2015! We continue to grow our talent ... More

Run from here

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at ikaSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in terms of balancing work hours or location, i.e., Remote Vs On-site.

Cons

Frequent management changes. If you do not pander to some key higher ups/ divas consider yourself as unworthy. You will either be shown the door or you may be smart enough to leave before they do.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on reality. You have no successful implementations. Several long term resources left and you made no attempt to retain them or change your attitude. Realize sooner than later that your efforts to salvage this sinking ship will not b successful while the current management holds the reigns.

10. successful reorg screw up

Former Employee - Analyst in Southbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Southbridge, MA

I worked at ikaSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good coworkers, flexible working hours, telecommute

Cons

Management is clueless on how to run the organization, they successfully screwed up their recent reorg effort and made sure that no one has any knowledge about any product or software, brilliantly managed to kick out all experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Use third party to re-interview all D, V, C title holders. 50% can be sent home, 30% can be DE promoted to business analyst, 20% can be retained.

Feb 19, 2015 – Director Human Resources

It’s true that the company has seen a significant amount of change. The recent changes to our organization workflow and structure were made to facilitate knowledge sharing, build cross-functional ... More

11. In need of transformation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at ikaSystems

Pros

All the people who I work with are very nice and that is the only thing that motivates me to go back to work.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves and hiring friends and colleagues who they have worked with in past. Never seen any place more disorganized and sloppy. Many angry clients as development is not done per specs and not enough tested by qualified testers or QA managers. Management has a hard time making a decision which at the end hurt them in long run as all their good people are leaving on their own. They have no respect for your weekends and time-off and make you work even if you have 103 degree fever! Don't ever work there as contractor to perm as they never turn you to perm employee. They always keep you in dark.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring new people and promote internally all qualified staff who worked their bottoms up to make things happen, including contractors. Anyone I talk to is looking for a new job, that is not a good sign for an organization. Get a new management team in place who can run projects more efficiently rather than wasting qualified people's time by filling out obsolete and useless spreadsheet that they don't even work or no one ever looks at them. Be realistic....

Jan 14, 2015 – Director Human Resources

We’re excited to share that we have over 30 active job postings, which are available to both internal and external applicants. We're working hard to create a high performance culture of top talent ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed