immixGroup Reviews

Updated October 7, 2014
Updated October 7, 2014
3.4

Arthur Richer

immixGroup sets you up for success

Current Employee - Team Lead in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My initial impression is that this company really wants their employees to succeed and the training department has a clear established plan for its new employees. immixUniversity training program has been well thought out, informative, which enables me to perform my job effectively.

Cons

at this time I don't see any.

The interview process was smooth and I was always aware of the next steps of the process.

Outstanding Place to Spend 40 Hours a Week

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in McLean, VA

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to start. A lot of young, talented go-getters who are willing to help each other succeed. Awesome work environment where management is easy-going but very motivated and hard-working. Wish I started here 2 years ago as my first job out of school!

Cons

The only cons are what you put on yourself. If you are not willing to put in a little extra effort or be driven to grow, then you will probably not move up.

Continue moving in the right direction and offering advice and opportunities to the younger employees.

A growing company that encourages individual initiative and intrapreneurship as well as entrepreneurship.

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is accessible and encourages collaboration.

Cons

There is growth within the company but it takes time and for those looking for quick promotions it can be discouraging.

Value the employee.

great door opener for software sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at immixGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good compensation if you are just entering the workforce. They definitely like to promote within and those that work earnestly will have opportunities presented to them.

Cons

Longer hours, especially with quarter and fiscal year end.

My experience as an intern at immixGroup was very positive.

Former Employee - Account Manager Intern in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager Intern in McLean, VA

I worked at immixGroup as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- immixGroup is a fantastic place to learn. I gained so much knowledge on the IT industry and the selling process to the public sector
    - Young atmosphere of friendly people who are willing to help you learn and network
    - They do give you work that you are accountable for and it isn't just busy work
    - They treat you as an actual employee

Cons

- 40 hr/week internship was sometimes hard for management to keep you busy at all times
    - You learn a lot about the selling process (like creating pipeline forecasts, using CRM, cold calling, and partner meetings ) but never really get a good look into immixGroup conducting an actual sales negotiation

With regards to the internship program, provide more feedback on how the individual is doing (positive, negative, constructive criticism) and perhaps make the work week 30 hours a week as there were some periods of down time throughout the week.

I have been working with immixGroup for almost two months now and it has been a great experience so far.

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are always chances to learn new things through immixUniversity. There is also a new High Potential Development program that allows us to become mentors and work with some of the ''higher-ups''.

Cons

Lots of training during the first few months can seem a little overwhelming at times but, it is a great way to meet other employees and grow in my career.

Keep in contact with us more and provide feedback on job performance. I haven't been here too long to really have any issues with management. So far everyone is very welcoming and willing to help.

Great Place to Learn

I have been working at immixGroup full-time

Pros

Young atmosphere with a lot of opportunity to network and there are a lot of happy hours where you can meet some amazing people within the company.

Cons

Chances for advancement are very slim. They want to be competitive but you can find much higher paid jobs doing the same thing at other place in the industry.

Stop comparing yourselves to one competitor, their turnover is high for a reason. Take where they have failed and year from it

immixGroup Review

Current Employee - Account Manager, Technology Sales in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager, Technology Sales in McLean, VA

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Young atmosphere
    -you learn a lot
    -Potential to open doors
    -Gain experience in Federal IT Sales

Cons

-Salary isn't great
    -You have to wait for a year mark to move up titles

Political environment rife with uncertainty due to constant shifts in strategic direction.

I worked at immixGroup full-time

Pros

Overall the people are great to work with throughout the company. It's great if you like to drink a lot after-hours and enjoy a social vibe. Free soda & coffee.

Cons

Management in sales is unprepared to manage people and run from any conflict. If you are looking for work/life balance--do not work here. Compensation is average but inequities exist between genders. Communication in sales is quite poor. Even management doesn't know what's going to happen day to day.

Decide who you want to be and what strategy you'd like to take and stick with it for more than 6 months. Teach the management team across the company how to manage people which is quite different from managing a business. Don't let those who cannot manage people, do so. Retention will make or break you in the long run.

Good starting point

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at immixGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, young work environment. Everyone recommends friends; like an extension of college. Lots of fun work events and interaction with clients.

Cons

Low salaries, hard to move up so lots of turnover. Since everyone is young, very dramatic workplace.Takes a long time to get promoted, and daily job can get tedious.